Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 16th, 2008, 6:09 pm

I think what's lamer, is that the coupon expires at the end of next month.

I hope someone I know buys the regular edition, so I can ask for the Blu coupon. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 16th, 2008, 6:26 pm

I'll be buying Enchanted on both DVD and Blu-Ray .. ATM, I only have Blu-Ray at home; buying the DVD as well ensures that I'll also be able to view it at work, or on my laptop. And (in my case) it's all 'tax-deductible', anyway. :P

At least, now I know to buy the DVD first, and to save the Blu-Ray purchase for a second trip. :idea:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 16th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Just a word of caution that Enchanted will get the double dip treatment. As a mid-performing Disney hit, they'll go the route of National Treasure, so plan any upgrades or double dipping accordingly.

Besides...there's a ton of stuff they left of this version already.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 17th, 2008, 9:42 am

So there will be a 2 discs version? because if there will be,then i"ll defintly give up on this version :? I mean-buying it now and 4 years later they"ll make a 2 discs version? :?.
I"ve been dreaming of a DVD :wink:.
Last edited by Once Upon A Dream on March 18th, 2008, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 17th, 2008, 10:43 am

Ugh why must they make it so hard for me. I want the dvd with the most but the sales during the first week are almost always the best. .... Silly companies.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 17th, 2008, 11:07 am

Don't forget our own "bonuses": our series of behind the scenes specials:

http://animated-views.com/2008/time-to- ... xclusives/

Updating each day! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 17th, 2008, 11:38 am

Foxtale-It's also hard,I can't decide because of the feautres :?.
Ben wrote:Updating each day! :)
"A little bit everyday,that's how you know,that's you know he's your love".
XD,anyway thanks for that :D i"m exited :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Enchanted

Post by Dusterian » March 17th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Ben, many things. Firstly, thanks for the new Enchanted makeover for the front page! Though it is odd Horton didn't last very long...shouldn't the site have been Enchanted when the movie came to theaters (or was it, I can't remember)? The blue sky is nice but I'd prefer a nightime background myself, since the title was usually placed on the New York night sky. Still, there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just glad this was done anyway.

Thanks so much for the behind the scenes stuff! WOW! Are you the one doing the interviewing? My favorite quote so far is from Bill Kelly: "Most stories about innocents find their humor at the expense of the innocent. I really wanted to write a story where the humor is ultimately at the expense of the cynic."

I didn't really think that was done in Enchanted, but maybe it was, I'll have to see it again with that in mind. And I read that Doug Short has Giselle going after Narissa because she grew that way, but it felt forced to me because I knew it was done purposely to have the heroine fight the villain and do the saving for once, not because it actually flowed well and she naturally felt she should take on something so dangerous. I don't think Giselle had enough happen to her to grab a sword and go after a dragon! Maybe if the scene had been longer like it originally was, but they cut out scenes of her climbing the tower, (and probably showing her fear, which would have been more natural and believable instead of showing up and stabbing) because it scared kids. Then again, I didn't think Amy was all that natural as a princess all the time, either, while I know every other person in the world thought she was...

Of course, I wanted Giselle to go after the dragon, I just don't think it was handled well enough to make it look like she naturally thought to do it and was ready to do it. What's worse is she didn't even defeat the villain, Pip did. At least she saved the man.

Anyway, I wanted to know about your pop-up book idea. You said you presented it to Disney a long time ago? Well, what I don't get is...how could they just use it suddenly for this movie? Were they really allowed to keep your idea without paying you for it and use it when the time was right? Or did they just happen to come up with the same idea, and they forgot all about what you presented? Or the people you presented to didn't work on this movie? Did they even take your idea...? Yes, lots of questions, I want to know what you think, and what happened.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Enchanted

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 17th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Dusterian-Don't you think the princess,who fight her way to her happily ever after should kill the villain? :D.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney

Post by James » March 17th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Dusterian wrote:...Firstly, thanks for the new Enchanted makeover for the front page! Though it is odd Horton didn't last very long...shouldn't the site have been Enchanted when the movie came to theaters (or was it, I can't remember)? The blue sky is nice but I'd prefer a nightime background myself, since the title was usually placed on the New York night sky. Still, there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just glad this was done anyway...
Film logos go up Tuesday night and come down Sunday night. I was sick Tuesday so Horton went up Wednesday night. This is our first DVD theme. We decided to do it to help highlight Jeremie's great series of interviews. The light blue is not supposed to be the sky at all though I know that is how it ended up looking.

The rest Ben and Jeremie can talk about.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 17th, 2008, 4:21 pm

The important thing to remember is that Giselle is <I>not</I> a princess!

My pop-up idea was just that...something I presented in a pitch ten years ago. These ideas come and go all the time. The people I saw did not work on Enchanted, but who knows who speaks to whom? I'm glad to see the idea done just as I had thought of it being achieved.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 18th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Reading discussions on other forums, it seems the Blu-ray edition doesn't have a slipcover! :( I use to not care about them, but I've come around and now love them! Such a shame, if it's true...

Btw, has anyone picked it up yet? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 18th, 2008, 6:46 pm

No slipcover on my BD.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 18th, 2008, 7:06 pm

The funny thing I'm finding with BR hi-def is that the packaging is lacking. The plastic cases are not very friendly, and the packaging on most collectors' sets is still better on a standard DVD.

I'm looking to get Bonnie & Clyde soon, but the standard def has the much nicer box!

It's odd because the BR market, at least this early, are all the geeks that love the deluxe packaging. I think only the Pirates and Pixar films have been given "elite" slipcover packaging on Blu-Ray.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 18th, 2008, 8:02 pm

I actually like the cases. Slimmer and smaller. And the latch that has shown up to annoy us on recent DVDs can be pressed backwards on BD cases so you don't have to use them.