Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 16th, 2007, 8:00 pm

Forgot to mention it the other day, but I heard that song for Enchanted by Carrie Underwood. Has anyone else? Its pretty good. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 16th, 2007, 8:11 pm

I heard it because the music video was on the Enchanted Myspace page (ugh can't believe I used Myspace for a reason). The song is okay but I'm not a Carrie Underwood fan. I think it's crazy how they animated Carrie Underwood into the music video. She has a mad pointy chin to boot. She could stab people's eyes out with that animated chin lol.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 17th, 2007, 9:09 am

Daniel wrote:Forgot to mention it the other day, but I heard that song for Enchanted by Carrie Underwood. Has anyone else? Its pretty good. :)
Yeah,it's a nice clip,unlike that horrible Kiss The Girl clips in The Little Mermaid Platinum Edition and well... all Disney clips.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 17th, 2007, 1:28 pm

I haven't heard it yet, but I have friends who have and they say it's pretty good. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 20th, 2007, 3:06 am

Amy Adams interview!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 20th, 2007, 5:57 pm

*Squeee* by This time tomorrow I will have seen the movie ^.^ *bounces*

Sorry no new news about it. Moviefone.com has some more strange interviews with the cast. ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 21st, 2007, 4:09 am

Your seeing it the first day!? Lucky. Hope you enjoy it. Let us know how it is and the Goofy short, too! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 21st, 2007, 6:04 am

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:<B>'Enchanted' brings back old familiar feelings</B>
By Borys Kit and Carolyn Giardina, Nov 21, 2007

"Enchanted," which opens Wednesday, is a loving homage to many classic Disney princess movies of yore.

The movie starts out in a traditional 2-D animated world, where a fairytale princess (voiced by Amy Adams) about to marry her prince is thrust into the real world by an evil queen. The real world is represented by New York, and once there, the princess (now a flesh-and-blood Adams) begins to change her views on life and love when she meets a cynical divorce lawyer (Patrick Dempsey).

The movie references many Disney movies in obvious and subtle ways, but many of the references weren't in the initial script. "That was all (director) Kevin Lima's doing," producer Barry Josephson said.

Lima, a veteran Disney animator who also co-directed the company's 1999 feature "Tarzan," came on board two years ago and from the first meeting with writer Bill Kelly began peppering the script with homages.

"I have a lifetime of references running through my head," Lima said. "From the time I was 5 years old and I saw 'Jungle Book,' and my mom swears by this story, I turned to her and said, 'Mom I'm going to be a Disney animator when I grow up.'"

The obvious iconic references involve slippers and poison apples, dragons and little people. But little throwaways and background activities suggest a lot of thought went into the making of the film.

A seedy motel is named the Grand Duke, which is a character from "Cinderella." A restaurant is called Bella Note, a nod to "Lady and the Tramp." A woman Adams encounters in Central Park asks her if she wants to feed the birds, "just a dollar a bag." That's dialogue from "Mary Poppins," minus the word "tuppins."

Going a bit deeper, you'll find that Mary Ilene Caselotti, the reporter on TV, is named after the actresses who voiced Princess Aurora in "Sleeping Beauty" (Mary Costa), Cinderella (Ilene Woods) and Snow White (Adriana Caselotti). The Banks, a couple getting divorced in the movie, is named after the family in "Mary Poppins." And Churchill, Harline and Smith, the name of Dempsey's law firm, is named after the songwriters from "Snow White": Frank Churchill, Leigh Harline and Paul Smith.

Also in the law firm sequence, Giselle looks at a fish tank while the muzak in the background is "Part of Your World," a song from "The Little Mermaid."

A couple of the new songs in the movie -- from Disney's Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz, who between them worked on many Disney animated films from the '90s -- hark back to songs in "Snow White" and "Beauty and the Beast."

To give the 2-D animated scenes the Disney feel, Lima turned to the James Baxter Studio, whose president James Baxter did the animated work on Rafiki in "The Lion King," Belle in "Beauty and the Beast," and Quasimodo in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."

Visual effects supervisor Thomas Schelesny and the team at Tippett Studio created the 3-D for the live action portion of the film, which played alongside the 2-D.

Schelesny recalled that Lima's aim was to create a homage right from the start. "Kevin's direction to us was very clear, we are not making fun ... we are honoring this work and this tradition and the people that work at Disney."

"I'm not embarrassed by the source material," said Lima, "which makes it really easy to embrace it."
:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 21st, 2007, 10:19 am

If all goes according to plan I should see it in a few hours.

My local newspaper reviewed the film and gave it an A-. Which is good by this person's standards. The critic loved Amy Adams and the other actors/actresses in the movie. "After years of watching the monstroulsly successful 'Shrek' franchise parody everything beloved about those classic animated Disney movies, Disney is showing a sense of humor and making fun of itself. 'Enchanted' has a song in its heart and a tongue in its cheek-both in animated and live action forms-with an infectious energy that helps overcome the script's contrivances." She says that little girls and tweens will love the movie along with adults will laugh heartily. According to her making poking fun at Disney fairy tales is not a new idea (Hapily N'Ever After, Shrek, Hoodwinked) "but 'Enchanted' does it with obvious affection, impeccable craftsmanship and zero snark."

Is snark even a word? *laughs*

Hope it's good. I'll give you guys a low down of my take on the movie once I get back. ^.^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » November 21st, 2007, 9:59 pm

Watching Enchanted made me feel young again. :mrgreen: It is a delightful film!

The animated scenes are refreshing, and I have been humming "That's How You Know" ever since I left the theater. Heheh.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 21st, 2007, 11:41 pm

Yay Pixarvixen I'm glad you liked it as well.

Well I loved the movie, it did have obvious flaws (there were plenty of moments where I was like why did he/she do that but I accepted them and moved on) and the pacing seemed a bit fast. But I think the fast pacing suited the younger audience. Too much more development and the children probably would have been bored. I took my mother with me to see it and she absolutely LOVED it lol. The kids in the theater loved it and so did a lot of the adults, there were a lot of laughs. Even after knowing so much information about the movie going into the movie there were still many surprises. My biggest problem was the whole dragon scene. *shrugs* I want to go into more detail discussing it but I don't want to spoil the movie right now. ;)

The animation was awesome. There was less than 15 min in the begining but there was animation put throughout the movie. I loved it to pieces, so beautiful. I also liked how the monster in the movie looked a bit like shrek. *laughs*

OH and for all those curious I'm not sure if it was just my theater but there WAS NO Goofy short. And in case your wondering after the beautifully done ending credits, there is nothing after they start to roll by. No surprises.

Not the classic they are touting it as but I think Disney has a new hit. ^.^ I would see it again and again. (And I still love Giselle ^.^) :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » November 22nd, 2007, 1:46 am

Foxtale wrote:OH and for all those curious I'm not sure if it was just my theater but there WAS NO Goofy short.
Yeah, my theater didn't play it either. :?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 22nd, 2007, 2:39 am

How To Hook Up Your Home Theater will play with National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
Last edited by Josh on November 22nd, 2007, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 22nd, 2007, 8:50 am

Meh...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 22nd, 2007, 4:01 pm

Josh wrote:How To Hook Up Your Home Theater will play with National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
Well...that's just dumb. :(