Post by clabot2700 » December 13th, 2007, 12:02 pm

Enchanted received 2 GG noms

http://www.goldenglobes.org/news/id/81

saluti

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 13th, 2007, 12:17 pm

Sweet! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 15th, 2007, 10:46 am

So I went to go see the movie again last night with 8 of my friends. (The theater was totally empty because we went to a late night showing.) anyway it was still awesome the second time around. And this time I did catch the few nods to other Disney movies I missed the first time. I really do think that in the begining animated scene that moment with the frog and the soap bubbles is a hint at what is to come from Disney 2D (Frog and the Princess).

All of my friends also adored the movie. At first they were all skeptical and were wondering why I was dragging them all to see it but after they saw it they were all hooked, humming the songs and excited to see it again. (After the movie was over a few of my friends commented how if I made a movie it would look like that. *laughs* I guess I have no job after I graduate now)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » December 17th, 2007, 2:58 pm

"All of my friends also adored the movie. At first they were all skeptical. . ."

Don't get me wrong, all of us who worked on Enchanted are THRILLED with the box office for Enchanted, but we ended up hearing this a lot. People were not that interested but ended up loving it.

Do you think the marketing presented the movie with the wrong message?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 17th, 2007, 6:25 pm

Absolutely.

When I saw the trailer, I assumed Enchanted would be a 'send-up' in the mold of Shrek, Ella Enchanted, or Happily N'Ever After. There was every indication that the movie would 'poke fun' at the fairy-tale genre .. and no real sense that it would have any genuine 'heart'.

But I do think I enjoyed Enchanted more than I otherwise would have, because of the pleasant 'surprise' of discovering that the film was an absolutely 'sincere' fairy-tale, in its own right. Throughout my first viewing of the film, I kept waiting (with dread) for the 'other slipper' to drop, and for the film to become an outright 'farce' .. but it never did. :)

-------------------

I was at a local supermarket last Saturday, and overheard a 'gaggle' of housewives discussing Enchanted in one of the aisles .. each of them was recalling favorite scenes, and associating them with the Disney fairy tales which were referenced. Even here in "beautiful downtown Burbank", it's unusual to hear conversations of this nature in public, especially between people who are not in the 'industry'. It's an indication that Enchanted is something truly 'special'. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 17th, 2007, 10:21 pm

I do remember that the first time I saw a coming attraction for it . I was like, ugh this movie looks like it's going to be terrible, overdone and cheesy with a weak heart/story, just aiming for a few princess related laughs. I was hooked with the idea of 2d animation so I was excited but I expected that once the movie hit the real world it would be just as good as interesting as real life :P I was afraid that all the nods to other disney movies would be too obvious and overdone. The movie was nothing like I imagined the first time I saw the coming attractions. To some I think it might have given the message that, oh man this is a spoof or look we just took a princess and put her in NYC, original right?

To get a real feel I would have to ask my friends who after hearing that it had some gorgeous 2d animation didn't obsess over it for month. ^.^;
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 18th, 2007, 8:49 am

Just don't over egg things for the sequel! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 18th, 2007, 3:39 pm

*sighs* I really hope a sequel isn't in the works.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 18th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Just got word that Enchanted has extended its run at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, through January 13th..! :D

So they must still be packin' in pretty heavy crowds .. which is all the more impressive, when you consider that it's $30 per ticket! :shock: (though, that ticket price includes a drink & popcorn, and a 'live' on-stage Enchanted-themed show!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 19th, 2007, 12:20 am

"live on stage Enchanted-themed show? I never heard of this theater, does it do it to all movies. What does it do exactly?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 19th, 2007, 3:52 am

Foxtale wrote:*sighs* I really hope a sequel isn't in the works.
You're not my friend anymore! :( :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 19th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Foxtale, the El Capitan Theatre is Disney's 'flagship' movie theatre in Hollywood, directly across the street from the famous Mann's Chinese Theatre (the one with the movie-stars' foot/hand-prints in its cement courtyard). It's a 'golden-age' movie palace dating from the 1920's; extremely ornate, both within and without. It even has a giant Wurlitzer organ which was used to accompany silent films .. and is one of the few movie houses in L.A. to still have a regular organ player on its staff (playing, of course, songs from the Disney canon, both before and after its screenings).

Most of Disney's Los Angeles-based 'premieres' are held there, and the theatre also regularly hosts screenings of 'classic' Disney features, as well (usually in anticipation of/promotion for a DVD release).

The theatre operated as both a playhouse and a movie house back in its day, and so Disney regularly makes use of the stage for 'live' shows. They don't do a 'themed' show for every film .. but they do for most of their newer ones. These usually involve 'walk-around' costumed actors (similar to those at their theme parks), dancing on-stage to one or more songs from the film. I haven't seen the Enchanted stage show, yet (but I might catch it later, since they've 'extended' it) .. but from the description on their website, it sounds like it might be more of a general 'Disney Princess' show.

In addition to a stage show, most Disney releases at the El Capitan also feature a 'walk-through' exhibit in the basement, where one can see props, costumes, and production art from the film. Sometimes there are games and activities available for kids, as well.

The El Capitan is well-worth a visit, for both tourists and L.A. 'locals'. Tickets are a bit 'pricey' ($20 to $30, depending on the show) .. but, as I said, that price includes refreshments, so it's really not that bad when compared with the 'average' L.A. theatre ticket price (the local Burbank AMC's admission price is now $11).
Last edited by droosan on December 19th, 2007, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » December 19th, 2007, 4:30 pm

Daniel wrote:
Foxtale wrote:*sighs* I really hope a sequel isn't in the works.
You're not my friend anymore! :( :P
:( Awwwww lol Are you really looking forward to a sequel for the movie? I loved the movie so much I am afraid that a sequel might ruin it, especially so soon after the original one came out. *shrugs* I mean I would be so excited if I got to see more animation from that studio, or to see Amy Adams act as a princess again but it just didn't seem like something that could have a sequel. A after happily ever after????

Droosan Thanks for the info, learn something new every day ^.^. That sounds really neat, I'll have to keep it in mind one day when I go to Cali.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by G1rl » December 19th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Hello everybody! I am new :D
I don´t like the end couples in echanted, I think the Greys Anatomy Doctor is old for the princess.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 19th, 2007, 5:36 pm

Hello and welcome, G1rl! :)
Foxtale wrote:Are you really looking forward to a sequel for the movie? I loved the movie so much I am afraid that a sequel might ruin it..
Yah, in a way. But I share your sentiments and do hope if a sequel is greenlit, they have a good story and Amy Adams, of course! :)