Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Enchanted

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2022, 7:16 pm

Let’s be honest…this film comes ten years too late and it’ll be a minor miracle if it turns out to be even half as charming as the original. I’m hoping for better than that, but the odds are well stacked against it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 31st, 2022, 3:06 am

Ten years too late, and completely obsolete for about nine of them.

This is more in the case of the Cruella movie and the Maleficent sequel, where they had to keep an option from expiring on an idea they promised to make....a WHILE ago. At the time. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » March 31st, 2022, 3:15 am

The DisInsider said:
"While reshoots are a relatively normal of the production process, we can also confirm that one of the main reasons the film is gearing up for additional principal photography is because it received mixed reactions from early test screenings."

I heard that the initial ending that people didn't like was:
Giselle and Robert separating and Giselle understanding that she doesn't need to be with a guy in order to be happy.
I don't know whether that's true though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 31st, 2022, 3:21 am

Eric…I’d genuinely like to know about this "option" thing you mention on Cruella and Maleficent, since as Disney own both properties I don’t believe there was any reason they *had* to make them due to anything "expiring". Sometimes these ideas just take a lot of time to come to fruition.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 31st, 2022, 2:51 pm

Farerb wrote:
March 31st, 2022, 3:15 am
I heard that the initial ending that people didn't like was:
Giselle and Robert separating and Giselle understanding that she doesn't need to be with a guy in order to be happy.
I don't know whether that's true though.
It SOUNDS true--The movie's still in 2007 mode, where they had to "fix" the "outdated" ideas of Disney princesses from the Shrek-paranoid Eisner era that led to the first movie, and had to up the social ante.

(Not to mention what I refer to in movies as "Jewel of the Nile syndrome": In any rom-com or action-comedy where the couple marries at the end, the sequel will always have them suffering buyers' remorse about their relationship, breaking up, already broken up, or with a kid, as a new romantic obstacle to overcome.)

Unfortunately, the producer found out what the dad in the first movie found out--Most Disney fans prefer princesses to Marie Curie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 31st, 2022, 7:32 pm

Ben wrote:
March 31st, 2022, 3:21 am
Eric…I’d genuinely like to know about this "option" thing you mention on Cruella and Maleficent, since as Disney own both properties I don’t believe there was any reason they *had* to make them due to anything "expiring". Sometimes these ideas just take a lot of time to come to fruition.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 1st, 2022, 1:50 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 1st, 2022, 9:39 pm

Beg, Rover. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2022, 3:56 am

So nothing on the "Disney options", then? No, I didn’t think so…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 2nd, 2022, 5:05 am

The world is waiting ANXIOUSLY...

(Y'see, I got this new idea: The next time you anal-retentively pick nits to Humiliate the Stinky Guy, I ram your frustration down your freakin' throat, and move on with the discussion along with the rest of the grownups. Because I can move on, and you can't.) :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2022, 2:33 pm

I asked nice. You made an (another incorrect) assumption about a studio and their thinking and I was genuinely — as stated — interested in hearing what insight you had into that thinking.

I wasn’t picking nits — if you have them, you really should get that looked at — and certainly wasn’t looking to have frustration rammed anywhere; if anyone here is frustrated to the point of losing it in a post like that, then it’s certainly not me.

Again, I asked a question, nicely. You made some posts afterwards that totally, rudely, ignored it. So I was attempting to close the book on that, since you clearly had no interest, ability or willingness to answer, and, in your words, "move on", like the grown up I actually am, and that you so clearly and dearly wish to be.

Keep trying! You’ll get there…no matter how long it takes! Keep on climbing that hill, however frustrated you get. Good luck!

"wink"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 2nd, 2022, 4:14 pm

And I was nice enough--to the rest of the group--to ignore YOU:

Every time I post anything, anything, the thread temporarily grinds to a screeching halt. Ben has to righteously pick out mistakes. Daniel has to raise high dudgeons about mistakes. Dacey has to roll her (his?) eyes at them. Sometimes, those mistakes aren't even there, and the quick rush to find them brings up wrong answers, but the ever-diligent continue their work.
And when I attempt to keep the thread moving, the Anti-Meanie Patrol has to keep pursuing those un-picked nits like bloodhounds.
And the irony?: I get accused of disrupting threads. And of not getting along with fellow posters. And guess what, now this thread has been dragged to a screeching halt, because someone was too much in love with his own running bully-shticks.

So, to clarify the issue, let me put this as politely as I know how: If the attempt at mercilessly hounding The Guy Nobody Likes was to ultimately make him run home crying, boy, did you pick the WRONG (F)'ING GUY. I had too much of that in high school to last me ten lifetimes, those are nuclear-level demons to play with, and now that I no longer carry any high-school books to dump in the hallways, I start realizing what a fat waste of time that was, and paying it forward.
It's a discussion board, and I come here to discuss. Let the other members on this board decide who's wearing big-boy clothes or not.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2022, 5:13 pm

Ignoring is rude, especially when you kind of make it a little hard for anyone to ignore you (I didn’t capitalize that, by the way, for fear of making you think I was shouting)…

But I will add the roll eyes thing that you seem to have a thing about… :roll:

Funny enough, you caught me on a bad day too. So, yeah…let's go ahead and decide:

Who wants Eric to stick around…?

Anyone…anyone…anyone…?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 2nd, 2022, 10:43 pm

I think you're all a bunch of nincompoops!

:twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 2nd, 2022, 10:44 pm

I wouldn't want to see EricJ forced out, nor leave on his own (though, that's up to him).

I certainly can't say that I agree with his views, 100% of the time .. and I've had something approaching an 'argument' with him, myself, now & then (been awhile since I've done so).

But -- often as not -- he does add to the discussions here.

[edit] removed final sentence of post, since it seems to have touched some nerves. guess I'll just take a 'break' from this forum, myself .. :|
Last edited by droosan on April 3rd, 2022, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.