Re: Enchanted

Post by Ben » May 19th, 2022, 4:17 pm

Lots of pies on set, then… ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 9th, 2022, 8:36 pm

Poster and trailer:

Giselle becoming an evil stepmother is genius. CG Pip can talk! Confirmation of hand-drawn animation!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 9th, 2022, 8:37 pm

Disney's really leaving money on the table by not releasing this and Hocus Pocus 2 to theaters...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 9th, 2022, 11:01 pm

Now this movie I would have rushed out to the cinema to see. It looks good. And so glad they have kept Edward's view of the world the same for this one. Shame we didn't get a hint of the new songs, but I'm glad there is at least one big song and dance number hinted at.

Loving the idea of giving Giselle the stepmother trope.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 10th, 2022, 3:46 am

Giselle got old. :( ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » September 10th, 2022, 5:01 am

This is another movie I'm interested in. I'm glad to see that it is faithful to the spirit and themes of the original.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 10th, 2022, 5:16 am

Ben wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 3:46 am
Giselle got old. :( ;)
Literally AND figuratively. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 10th, 2022, 2:23 pm

I so wish Idina didn't have bangs. So not flattering.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 10th, 2022, 7:59 pm

I think she borrowed them from Adele Dazeem.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 14th, 2022, 3:32 pm

"It's what they call a fixer upper" clever Frozen nod!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 14th, 2022, 10:48 pm

That's gonna be one of the best parts of the movie - finding all the little nods and easter eggs to prior Disney properties. It's part of the appeal of the original.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2022, 4:13 am

Until Eric spoils the ending…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 16th, 2022, 2:45 pm

Hopefully we get some stellar cameos again. Maybe Anika Noni Rose or Auliʻi Cravalho? Tons of possibilities!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 17th, 2022, 4:19 pm

Neat idea!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 16th, 2022, 6:45 pm

New still and interview with Adam Shankman:

Total Film wrote:Believe me, the amount of Easter eggs in this thing – you could make omelettes for the world,” laughs director Adam Shankman when filling in Teasers on his Enchanted follow-up. “It is the ultimate Disney movie because there is so much laced into it from the rest of Disney history.”

You’d think Shankman might feel more daunted shouldering a long-anticipated sequel to a beloved one-off, but having gone through a baptism of fan-expectation fire directing 2007’s Hairspray, he was pragmatic in his approach to Disenchanted. “The most daunting thing about it was that the first movie hinged on a very simple concept,” he says of the 2007 original. “It was a fish-out-of-water animated princess, coming into the world, in a romantic comedy, and so much of the fun of the movie was about her trying to operate in this world.”

With Giselle (Amy Adams) no longer a fish out of water, and Shankman not wanting to bin off her relationship with lawyer Robert (Patrick Dempsey) – “I wasn’t about to make an Enchanted divorce movie” – the question was where the conflict would come from.

“It was sitting right there in front of me, which is that she had this daughter [Robert’s daughter, Morgan] who was ageing, and Giselle, being from Andalasia, would not know how to process change and evolution,” says Shankman. “The beacon for me was that she was Morgan’s stepmother. And in fairytales, stepmothers are evil. I was like, ‘But Giselle’s a wonderful stepmother. How do we play with that?’”

Before you can say monkey’s paw, Giselle’s wish for a simpler life generates unexpected consequences, switching the upbeat Giselle into villainous mode. “Everybody knows that playing a bad guy is pretty tasty for an actor,” says Shankman. “Amy is a huge Disney fan, and it became a sort of amalgamation of so many of the Disney villains. We laid out a system of degrees, and she found different characters for each level. Amy does it with such ease and aplomb, but it is a remarkably thought-through performance.”

Alongside returning players like Dempsey, James Marsden and Idina Menzel, Maya Rudolph also appears as another baddie, Malvina Monroe. “[She’s] so formidable with Amy that when you see them actually really going toe to toe in the fairytale iteration of themselves, it’s fricking heaven,” says the director.

Fun as that sounds, Shankman had his work cut out convincing the studio that having two competing antagonists could work. “I think that there was some trepidation about how that would be perceived, or what even structurally that would look like from a storytelling perspective. For me, I was like, ‘Are you kidding? It’s the greatest thing ever. It’s like a drag show!’” - Matt Maytum
Ultimate Disney movie, I like the sound of that. Amy looks fabulous in red!