Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 13th, 2007, 1:12 am

Avoiding those nasty song spoilers, I just checked it out! Yes, very cute indeed. Thanks. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 13th, 2007, 11:48 pm

Lol I like the happy working song one (I'm so excited I can't help but watch them.) I don't think they give away that much more of the movie than the previews and behind the scenes do. I even think to safeguard some plot twists they cut out a piece of the segment. I feel like there is something missing that she sees or says. But I could be mistaken.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 14th, 2007, 2:10 am

Oh no, its not so much the scenes I'm worried about, its the songs. I heard they're great and I don't want them spoiled before I go see Enchanted. Yeah, I know, silly. :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2007, 7:12 am

Not silly Dan. :)

You want to experience the whole thing fresh. I agree! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 14th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Daniel wrote:Oh no, its not so much the scenes I'm worried about, its the songs. I heard they're great and I don't want them spoiled before I go see Enchanted. Yeah, I know, silly. :P
Naw that's not that silly. I totally understand, I did that for a few movies and such before. I'm just super excited. I was in the music store and like a dork I started to look for the soundtrack even though it's not going to be released until Nov. 20th, according to Amazon.com (which has samples of the songs). I won't listen to the samples but I will watch the scenes from the movie so in that way I am weird. ^.^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 15th, 2007, 3:39 am

Now that's exited. Checking the music store for a soundtrack that isn't even out yet! ;)

And thanks guys, nice you don't think its silly. :)

Edit: lookie what I found, Alan Menken talking about Enchanted!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by wendy » November 15th, 2007, 4:00 am

Daniel wrote:
Edit: lookie what I found, Alan Menken talking about Enchanted!
Oh, sadly it's already of the internet. Looked forward to seeing that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 15th, 2007, 12:55 pm

He's got the lyircs for True Love's Kiss worng,also i like that he sing the songs.
I allready heard the songs and saw the Happy Working Song and That's How You Know and i"m thinking if i was worng,maybe i whouldn't enjoy this movie? what if i seen the songs from The Little Mermaid on YouTube?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 15th, 2007, 2:37 pm

Click on the little link on the bottom, the video is still there. I think that the guy (tony toscano) that is interviewing Alan is kind of annoying. >,< Lol Thanks for posting that.

I feel like these songs are similar to how they are saying that this movie is, a tribute and in a way mocking classic disney princess movies. I don't think I can decide if I really like them or not until I see them within the context of the movie. ^.^ That's how you know and The Happy Working song are catchy though I must say. ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 15th, 2007, 2:52 pm

Foxtale wrote: I think that the guy (tony toscano) that is interviewing Alan is kind of annoying. >,<
Agreed,especially when he laught when Alan explain him about the songs.
And the songs arn't mocking Disney,it's a tribute or Disney meets our world.
My favorite is True Love's Kiss.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 15th, 2007, 2:58 pm

How are the early reviews?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 15th, 2007, 3:04 pm

They're alright - generally positive, I think, although not exceptionally so.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 15th, 2007, 3:11 pm

I started to search for early reviews and instead I found this.
Beware Spoilers

http://movies.aol.com/movie/enchanted/2 ... et/2012985

It's a behind the scenes look at Enchanted. They show you some behind the scenes shots of the movie, including an animator showing some pages of animation. Also Idina Menzel talks about her role in the film as well.

And if you really want to see something random I found someone's home video of them filming part of a scene from enchanted in NYC.

Random Link

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2007, 3:50 pm

That Tony guy is enthusiastic, but he comes off as if he doesn't have a clue, and Menken seems a little pained to be there.

I love how he always has a piano around him. Hey, I'm on the train going to work, do'ya wanna hear a song? (opens up bag to reveal...full size piano!)

Nice to hear that John Williams is obviously an influence, and I'd love to hear a proper Menken movie score as well. I know he's done a couple of turns in this direction, but someone needs to give him an honest to goodness epic that he can really get his teeth into.

Always fun to hear him play and get excited about his work though...! :)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 15th, 2007, 4:58 pm

Ok, so now there are two movies who have alot of positive reviews now.