Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » December 10th, 2005, 12:13 am

hmmm...I'll try ask one of my seniors if any of them are involved in it. I know someone who was in WDFA Florida--I'll try to ask if he was involved in that project

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » January 9th, 2006, 12:34 pm

Is this thoroughly confirmed as being a hand-drawn animation and real people mix? I hope it is, as the refreshingness may hopefully bring people back to 2D animation, just as Roger Rabbit did. I am hoping that the OTT amounts of CGI films this year will cause people to want to see something different...
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 9th, 2006, 2:45 pm

I hope it is too...It wouldn't make sense if it was CGI. After all, all of the classic fairytale movie are 2-D.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 9th, 2006, 3:51 pm

Wonderlicious wrote:Is this thoroughly confirmed as being a hand-drawn animation and real people mix? I hope it is, as the refreshingness may hopefully bring people back to 2D animation, just as Roger Rabbit did. I am hoping that the OTT amounts of CGI films this year will cause people to want to see something different...
I've corrected the story on the main page now. I was positive that Enchanted would be using traditional animation. However, after doing some research, it appears that different sites are saying different things. The majority of the sites, though, are saying that Enchanted will use CGI.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 9th, 2006, 5:13 pm

I'm most looking forward to Alan Menken's work on the film. He can do great things.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » January 10th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Mickey wrote:I've corrected the story on the main page now. I was positive that Enchanted would be using traditional animation. However, after doing some research, it appears that different sites are saying different things. The majority of the sites, though, are saying that Enchanted will use CGI.
Right. I'm out of the queue for the tickets on that one then. :roll:
-Joe

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » January 13th, 2006, 7:48 am

The article on the front page seems to hint that it could still be a 2D and live action mix. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I hope that's right. :cry:
-Joe

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 13th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Wonderlicious wrote:The article on the front page seems to hint that it could still be a 2D and live action mix. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I hope that's right. :cry:
either way, Enchanted is quickly becoming one of the most interesting Disney projects in recent years.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 13th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Wonderlicious wrote:The article on the front page seems to hint that it could still be a 2D and live action mix. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but I hope that's right. :cry:
The post on the front page today is neutral. It notes that the Hollywood Reporter writes as if Enchanted will contain traditional animation, while also adding that other sources have indicated differently.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 14th, 2006, 3:26 pm

I just realised something. James Baxter who is mentioned as being the supervising animator of the Queen has his own animation studio these days. And they only do traditional animation. Could Disney be farming the animated scenes out to his studio? If that's the case, this project just became 10 times more interesting than it already was.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Hmmm...

I can see it going either way, but at the end of the day, CG seems to rule the roost right now.

However, if they do that, then Disney will very much lose the "wow" factor they they stand to get for Rapunzel, so it wouldn't make much sense to go for that look now.

With Baxter in the frame it's none too clearer, since he made a big fuss of creating Spirit in 2D and 3D, often combining techniques in the same shot. It's the first I've heard of his studio only handling 2D, as I have seen the term CGI used in his promotions.

Then again, he DID animate Belle, which might be the way they are heading, and Kevin Lima is of course a 2D director.

Here's hoping, anyway, as it would make more sense...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 18th, 2006, 4:41 am

Perhaps because of the Alan Menken/traditional animation combination could it be some sort of test project. I mean, Disney's been getting lots of boos from people for dumping 2d. Perhaps they're using this as a test to see if people really miss traditional animation as badly as they say they do?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 19th, 2006, 7:54 am

I wish they would produce both kinds of movies.... I LOVE traditional animation but I have a little soft spot for CGI, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 23rd, 2006, 4:48 pm

so it's confirmed it's CGI, wich is cool. I love both mediums. I still wonder now, if James Baxter is animating will he work for Disney or is Disney using his facility?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 23rd, 2006, 5:24 pm

CGI?!? I love CGI too, but 2-D would have been SO much better for this movie.