Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Enchanted

Post by Dacey » October 16th, 2022, 7:39 pm

I’m not sure how much audiences are going to want an “evil Giselle” (even if she is under a spell). Especially since the character’s innocence was what made her so endearing. Hopefully they don’t overplay it, although the film does look good so far.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 16th, 2022, 7:47 pm

Although fans who have been waiting an age for this would hate it, it kind of sounds like The Dis has dropped the ball on shoving this on streaming a year early and should have held it back a few months to save it for the ultimate Disney100 theatrical release…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 17th, 2022, 3:23 am

I would happily wait a few months if it meant a theatrical release. There is something magical about watching a musical on the big screen and with quality speakers all around you.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 17th, 2022, 3:25 am

Xactly. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 18th, 2022, 3:14 pm

New poster:

And it officially moves up a week! Will now stream November 18.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 18th, 2022, 3:36 pm

Was it not always streaming then? Honestly thought that was the original release date. Of course, I could have been mixing it up with the other thousand things that are being released on streaming services in the month of November that I'm keen to watch.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 18th, 2022, 3:47 pm

Nope, it was originally scheduled for Thanksgiving, November 24. Would've been a day after Strange World opened, which you brought up elsewhere:
Bill1978 wrote:
September 23rd, 2022, 7:13 pm
And I didn't pay much attention when the release date was announced but I do find it odd that Disney is releasing the day before Disenchanted. I know 2 totally different properties and release format but from a marketing point of view just find it weird they will be competing against each other, in the US at least.
So Disney heard you. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 19th, 2022, 3:41 am

Well look at that, I did know. I've been a walking zombie for the past 2 weeks so I honestly have no idea what the actual day is let alone a date in the future haha.

And I'm gonna run with the fact that I am responsible for the date change. I'm an influencer dammit!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 19th, 2022, 1:13 pm

Bloomin' influenza…! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » November 1st, 2022, 1:18 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 2nd, 2022, 3:12 pm

Looks incredibly good. Absolutely love the hand-drawn logo and the little singing we hear. Amy is just amazing! So many shades of earlier Disney Villains.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 2nd, 2022, 5:50 pm

All that fairy dust looks a little too digital video for me, but I’d have loved this to have been seen on the big screen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 2nd, 2022, 11:53 pm

Unlike so many movies these days, every new trailer for this movie gets me more excited for its release. Shame it will be a streaming release, cause it would have been the perfect choice to see at the cinema on the day by electricity is turned off for maintenance. On a Sunday!!!

And look, technically while we all know the ultimate end of the movie, I love how this trailer isn't telling us the whole movie. It's playing loose with the sequence of the scenes, drops hints of what we will see (great ot see some animation finally) but unlike so many trailers these days I actually would have to work hard to tell you the storyline of the movie based on the trailer.

I also approve of Giselle's actual wish and how it leads us to her getting cursed. It's not an accidental mistake but an underthought generic wish.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2022, 3:16 pm

Character posters:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Way cool! Love the color scheme.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2022, 4:14 am

But…no Ames? Guess they might do a good/evil reveal drop just before the release.

Getting overly excited for this, which is probably not a good thing. We're going to run the original next Saturday evening before the new one the week after, and I’m trying to keep expectations down so that it doesn’t disappoint! ;)