Minions Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Minions Movie

Post by James » December 7th, 2012, 9:18 am

Wow, I missed this one. Can they carry a whole film?

“Despicable Me’ Minions Spinoff Dated 2014
http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/untitle ... r-19-2014/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Minions Movie

Post by Macaluso » December 7th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Eugh god. The minions are the worst part

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » December 7th, 2012, 9:55 pm

This is what I have feared for quite a while now with animated films. According to my spiderwebbed film memory i place this disturbing trend back to the original Madagascar (or is it bloody Scrat which is older??). Even since that movie, I swear the majority of animated films have inserted funny tngent characters for the sole purpose of creating a short movie for the DVDs. And now it seems they are getting a shot at the big time.

I'm not talking about true sidekicks, but those characters who appear in the movie and have they only little tangent subplot that when removed in reality the movie makes sense without it.

I liked the minions, i find them to be funny at the random times in the movie, but a whole movie. I'm currently in the no thank you camp.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 9th, 2012, 1:20 am

Scrat is actually legit loony tunes style funny while the minions are literally torture

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Post by James » December 9th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Mac's right about Scrat, but still wouldn't want him to do a feature. Shorts are the right medium for all these guys.

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Post by Ben » December 11th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Well, that's because they're all...short...right? ;)

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Post by James » December 11th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Yes, Ben, the Minions are short but that's not what I meant.

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 16th, 2014, 9:28 pm

It doesn't really show anything, but this is from ComingSoon.net ...
Check Out Teaser Art for the Despicable Me Spinoff, Minions!
We've got an early look at teaser artwork for Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's Despicable Me franchise spinoff, Minions. Check it out below!

Minions serves as a big screen origin story and showcases the unpredictable personality and physicality of the popular yellow characters.
click to reveal content
As it turns out, Minions have existed since the beginning of time. They have evolved from single (yellow) cell organisms into the familiar beings we know, and they live for a collective purpose: to seek out and serve the most despicable master they can find.
Academy Award winner Sandra Bullock will lead the voice cast of the human characters as Scarlett Overkill, the world's reigning super-villain of the 1960s while "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm is also attached to voice a character.

The 3D-CG comedy adventure is produced by Illumination's Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy, and directed by Pierre Coffin. Brian Lynch has written the screenplay for the film, which is co-directed by Kyle Balda. Chris Renaud serves as executive producer of the film.

Minions hits the big screen July 10, 2015.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 16th, 2014, 10:54 pm

So, "Before the Minions Met Gru", thus not necessitating any contracted Despicable voice to repeat his role in the franchise.

(Btw, what was Despicable 2 about? I never saw one single trailer or ad that even remotely mentioned the plot!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 17th, 2014, 12:57 am

Wait!! Movies have plots!? Since when?? ;)
I didn't see either of the movies, but from what little I understand, Dispicable Me 2: the bad guy from the first movie is now a good guy, and is recruited by a spy organisation to help defeat a new bad guy, and as usual his female spy partner is his love-interest.

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Post by Ben » May 17th, 2014, 9:23 am

Surprised they didn't call this Despicable Minions, so as to tie into the franchise but mark it out as not being a "continuative" third film.

Still, I guess almost everyone knows the Minions by now anyway...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » November 4th, 2014, 11:18 am

Hey, look, the first trailer is here!

I really didn't care for Despicable Me 2, and while I found some amusing moments here (the Pyramid and "Minions On The Boat" gags mainly), I'm just unsure about this one. Really dubious if they can make a really engaging story with these guys, but we'll see. I can already tell you this trailer will play like gangbusters with audiences and the film itself, regardless of quality, will have no problem making $800 million worldwide at least with ease.

I do appreciate the movie giving Jon Hamm a major movie role, as well as giving the same treatment for the vastly underrated Geoffrey Rush.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

Animated Views Admin
Animated Views Admin

Post by Ben » November 4th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Casanova Frankenstein himself! ;)

Animated Views Staff
Animated Views Staff

Post by Dacey » November 13th, 2014, 12:26 pm

This is shaping up to be one of THE biggest cash grabs I've seen in a long time. Imagine making an entire movie off of characters who don't speak English, why it's absolutely OH WHO CARES I LOVE THE MINIONS I KNOW I AM GOING TO SEE THIS!!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 13th, 2014, 5:58 pm

It's the Scrat Factor: The trailer itself would mean the movie would be hysterical if it was JUST narrated "historical" anecdotes about the Minions through history.

But unfortunately...it isn't. We've got our three protagonist heroes, and we've got a roster of star voices who will likely not be playing Minions, so it'll pull some standard faux-Despicable plot out of its hat.
That's the difference between a three-minute short and a highly studio-promoted eighty-minute feature.