The Black Cauldron

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » June 7th, 2009, 1:17 am

Sorry if I'm 'necro-ing' this thread, but I just wanted to chip in a little and felt that it'd be worse to make a new thread :P.

I didn't even know this film existed until a couple of years ago, and I've finally seen it :]. Definitely interesting stuff, but like Ben's great review mentioned, it feels like more of a showcase for fantastic animation because the film suffers from problems with characterisations and storytelling.

It is a very pretty film to look at and I'll be keeping an eye out for news of this new DVD. Even if some of the deleted scenes were never actually animated or inked/coloured, I certainly hope that they do a special feature covering them. All the information I've heard on them are from the net, and the Wikipedia article on it doesn't cite where the information comes from...except for that one cel with that badguy being dissolved :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 7th, 2009, 9:15 am

So...anyone heard of a release date yet?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 9th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Nothing official. I would imagine a September release date, though October would be more fitting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » June 10th, 2009, 5:58 am

I thought it was announced that August was the official Region 1 release date (June for Region 2).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » June 10th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Was there any announcement for Region 4??