Muppets Most Wanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Muppets Most Wanted

Post by Scar » December 21st, 2013, 7:45 pm

I love the Muppets and I'm looking forward to this. Believe it or not, I don't think I've actually seen a Muppets movie in theaters before. It's always been a TV experience for me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 22nd, 2014, 7:38 pm

New "trailer" is soooooo funny! So happy film is only two months away! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 28th, 2014, 7:28 pm

The sequel song! :P

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 28th, 2014, 11:30 pm

Awesome. It reminds me of "Hey, A Movie!" from The Great Muppet Caper.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 1st, 2014, 12:37 am

Gonna save it for when I see the movie. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 1st, 2014, 3:30 pm

It's actually just another trailer, so I don't think it will spoil anything. :)

EDIT: *actually, not sure, it could be the opening number. :| :oops:

**Whitmire's Kermit voice is even better than the first movie! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 10th, 2014, 8:42 pm

The Muppets and Subway! So adorable! :)

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/the-mu ... 201104172/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 21st, 2014, 6:06 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 21st, 2014, 7:16 pm

Just got back from seeing this. It was a lot different than I was expecting, but that's not a bad thing at all. Whereas the last film focused more on broad, zany comedy and the actual story was somewhat secondary, here, comedy takes a backseat and the story is front and center. What comedy is there is very funny, but there's not as much of it. Instead, we get an epic, globe-trotting adventure with perhaps the first truly evil villain the Muppets have ever faced. While I wouldn't call it dark in any sense, the tone is a tad more serious than your typical Muppet production and, surprisingly enough, it works rather well for this story. All in all, I was not disappointed and can safely say the previous film was not a fluke. Here's hoping they get the chance to do this again.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 22nd, 2014, 1:16 am

Huh. That's the opposite of what I'd heard. I thought this was supposed to be the zany follow-up to the last one's sentimental tone, similar to the how the original first two movies played. Regardless, it looks pretty good to me. Glad to hear you liked it.
Last edited by Randall on March 22nd, 2014, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 22nd, 2014, 5:06 am

eddievalient wrote:What comedy is there is very funny, but there's not as much of it. Instead, we get an epic, globe-trotting adventure with perhaps the first truly evil villain the Muppets have ever faced.
If you mean the Evil Frog, let's see him go up against Doc Hopper. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 22nd, 2014, 1:57 pm

Not sure what movie it is that Eddie saw, but it wasn't Muppets Most Wanted. ;)

Jokes definitely did not take a back seat to the story, and I fail to see how it was "more serious in tone" than any prior Muppet movie. If anything, heart and story took a backseat, not the other way around. And while it's still a satisfying Muppet outing, the warm, euphoric feeling you got when The Muppets was over just isn't here, and Jason Segal not being involved is probably to blame for that.

Still, I can't think of any fans who won't laugh, have fun and enjoy the (terrific) musical numbers. But I can't think of any of them shedding tears this time, either.

Also, it might be time for Disney to get back in association with McDonald's, as they didn't demand such blatant product placement in their films the way that Subway seems to. While, honestly, I had no problem with Subway cups being shown in Wreck-It Ralph (it made it feel more like a real arcade), having Fozzy Bear chowing down on a Subway sandwich (with the camera making sure it doesn't miss the cup) was just too much for me.
Last edited by Dacey on March 23rd, 2014, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 23rd, 2014, 1:11 am

Argh, what happpend to a spoiler warning Dacey? Now you've totally ruined the movie with the Subway reveal LOL

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 23rd, 2014, 2:40 pm

Dacey wrote:Also, it might be time for Disney to get back in association with McDonald's, as they didn't demand such blatant product placement in their films the way that Subway seems to. While, honestly, I had no problem with Subway cups being shown in Wreck-It Ralph (it made it feel more like real arcade), having Fozzy Bear chowing down on a Subway sandwich (with the camera making sure it doesn't miss the cup) was just too much for me.
Think that's bad, try sitting through the Lethal Weapon sequels or The Beverly Hillbillies--
Subway DEMANDS star billing for every movie it appears in....Who do they think they are, FedEx? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 24th, 2014, 7:02 pm

Box Office Report: Divergent first. Then space bar, space bar, space bar, Muppets Most Wanted.

http://animatedviews.com/2014/muppets-n ... ox-office/