Inside Out

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Inside Out

Post by ShyViolet » August 18th, 2013, 11:11 am

I'm SO excited about this film...the riskiness is what's most appealing to me. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't believe we have to wait two years! :(

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/ar ... -77004523/
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Inside Out

Post by ShyViolet » May 27th, 2014, 5:40 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » October 2nd, 2014, 12:29 pm

The first trailer is out!

I actually really like the animation on the emotions so far, can't wait to see more as the films gets closer to its release date.

Also, I liked that PIXAR montage a lot, but two things; 1) why did Ratatouille, A Bug's Life and The Incredibles get so little screentime? I get that they're not as big of franchises as Toy Story or Up, but still woulda been nice to see more from them. 2) I find it really amusing that not a frame of footage from Cars 2 made it into that montage.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 2nd, 2014, 1:07 pm

That's, er....surprisingly informative for a Pixar first-teaser.
Guess they know they don't have to worry anymore about Dreamworks stealing their plot six months ahead. :P

(C'mon, where's the tradition of the deliberately frustrating and inscrutably unhelpful Pixar teaser, and then everyone spends eight months saying "What, the rat just runs through the restaurant?....That looks so lame!"?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » October 2nd, 2014, 1:18 pm

The reaction to this trailer thus far has been extremely negative...which made me remember the experiences you just described where everyone hates the initial teaser for a PIXAR movie (well...except for Brave, which had a great teaser but wound up being a lackluster film).

I myself enjoyed the trailer though, especially since I got some serious feels from some of those "sad" moments. I swear, when Woody says "So long partner", it just tears up my emotions.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 2nd, 2014, 4:22 pm

Looks like they're going for a "realistic" approach for when we see the human and an over-the-top, cartoony look when we are inside of her.

Not at all like that Osmosis Jones film, right? ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 2nd, 2014, 4:33 pm

It's a pretty epic thing to try and take on emotions...I wonder how they slimmed them down to what they have here: I can think of a bunch more including some that we really saw in some of those clips.

But is this a new approach for a Pixar teaser (nay, even a first trailer, in fact), or a slick stealthy way to introduce a new concept and characters on the back of a huge bunch of mega-successful "audience favorites"? They're a very clever bunch, those Pixar fellows...!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 2nd, 2014, 6:13 pm

I thought it looked very cute and quite intriguing. I think we're in safe hands. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 2nd, 2014, 9:43 pm

EricJ wrote:That's, er....surprisingly informative for a Pixar first-teaser.
Guess they know they don't have to worry anymore about Dreamworks stealing their plot six months ahead. :P
I'll give Eric credit. That was actually pretty funny.

:)

Can't say I'm overly jazzed for this movie, but I could say the same of several Pixar films that I ended up loving.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 3rd, 2014, 7:53 pm

New posters focusing on each emotion:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/12/03/pi ... inside-out

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » December 10th, 2014, 12:50 pm

New trailer is up!

Looks OK, not as a good as the teaser, and boy howdy do the gender stereotypes here feel out of date and lazy. Animation at least looks good, and the concept remains intriguing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 10th, 2014, 4:13 pm

Looks like A LOT of fun...but not as unique or as risky as I'd hoped. Still looking foreword to it though, even if it does remind me a little of the character "Katy ka-boom" on Animaniacs. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » March 10th, 2015, 10:01 am

Newest (and final?) trailer!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 10th, 2015, 10:35 am

Wow very sweet...can't wait! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 10th, 2015, 3:35 pm

I just wasn't feeling it for Inside Out's previous two trailers .. but this one sold me. I'm looking forward to seeing it, now. :)

Loved Joy going all 'fangirl' with the memory of Riley's favorite cartoon character. :lol:
Last edited by droosan on March 10th, 2015, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.