Inside Out

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Inside Out

Post by EricJ » September 11th, 2022, 1:27 am

Dacey wrote:
September 11th, 2022, 1:10 am
I don't think any casting news was announced in that regard.
I'm sure Kaling and Hader won't be hard to bring back like at all.
https://parade.com/news/disney-announce ... out-sequel

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 11th, 2022, 2:12 pm

Amy to get $5M? Wow. Wasn't there a time that famous people just took scale for vo jobs?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 11th, 2022, 7:11 pm

It used to be *all* the time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 11th, 2022, 8:26 pm

Randall wrote:
September 11th, 2022, 2:12 pm
Amy to get $5M? Wow. Wasn't there a time that famous people just took scale for vo jobs?
This is what always perplexes me with the marketing of animated movies more and more these days. The push of what big name star is providing a voice to get people to watch it. I've never in my life thought 'Wow, I love hearing that famous actor's voice I'm going to go and watch this movie just to hear them.'

I totally get people wanting to see an actor, but just to hear them? No thank you.

But I also have an issue with them promoting a movie as from the Producers of.... I totally get Director and Writer if you need to push some artistic merit, but Producer??

Hopefully this sequel will be more Toy Story 2 then Finding Dory.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 12th, 2022, 3:53 am

Or Cars 2. Or Monsters University…

I still think Outside In would be a good title!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2023, 7:07 am

So I’m FINALLY catching up on the remaining season ONE (yes, tis sadly true) episodes of Only Murders In The Building, and got to the Herman's Head reference.

That’s fun, I thought, they’ve done like an early 90s sitcom version of Inside Out as a gag. Except that it looked too real, so I thought I’d check it out, and…

How did they not sue Pixar over this!? Okay, so it’s forgotten now, but this got a few seasons and has some names in it, so it’s not like it would have been too obscure. Even little things like the different emotion characters having different colors to them is all very similar…!

Other episodes are also up on the Tubes…seems a fun little show. Maybe the Only Murders nod will remind people or suggest a reboot, though now it’ll just be a D+ series made by Pixar…! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 10th, 2023, 2:46 am

Bill1978 wrote:
September 11th, 2022, 8:26 pm
Hopefully this sequel will be more Toy Story 2 then Finding Dory.
And, as long-awaited audience-request sequels go, more Toy Story 3 than Incredibles 2.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2023, 2:59 am

Audience requested? This does feel more of the "we need IP sequels! Which other of our films made money that we haven’t explored already?" kind of sequel. I’m not sure anyone was really shouting out that we needed to know "what happens next"…?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 11th, 2023, 1:43 am

Well, we weren’t requesting a Soul 2, if that’s what you’re asking…

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 11th, 2023, 3:35 am

I donut think "we" were requesting an Inside Out sequel either.

Iger has literally gone back over everything and commissioned sequels for any "recent" IP that made over, say, $700m dollars. That *must* mean audiences want more, right? Not that audiences enjoyed it, are happy and done and would prefer to be surprised by something new and/or artistically/emotionally resonant. But instead we get a cash grab to a film that’s just two years off being ten years old. Nice.

And…yes…there’s also apparently a D+ show on the way too! I was actually joking when I suggested Pixar would be the ones to reboot Herman's Head, but it appears to be happening, hahahahahaaarrr. So given the Inside Out concept will be playing out on TV, and the original film will then be nine years old by the time a sequel comes out…is anyone going to be that interested? As I said, I don’t think anyone was really asking "what happens next?" anyway!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 12th, 2023, 3:10 am

"Oh, look, 'Pu-berty', wonder what that button does?"

We audiences were ahead of this sequel for eight years--Like Ralph Breaks the Internet, it was DESTINED to happen.

(As for Incredibles 2 saying "Well, you wanted them to go up against the Underminer!", that would be more of a bad audience-demand example to judge by.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 12th, 2023, 3:47 am

It’s only a matter of time before we get Incredibles 3…

I mean, there’s a small contingent of old Pixarians over at Skydance, but who is seeing those films, giving them any meaningful exposure or building any antici…pation for them? I think the likes of Brad Bird et al will soon realise that they can make their films but that they also need them to be seen!

Unless Apple goes into cinema exhibition in a big way, it won’t be long before Bird realises he needs to pull another Mission and do a big, splashy "I'm over here!" big hit if he’s got any chance of doing his San Fran epic, so it’ll be a return to Parr territory eventually.

Or Disney just gets on and lets someone else take a shot with those characters before it gets too late for the cast. Or they just use Al to replicate all the voices… ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 9th, 2023, 11:57 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 9th, 2023, 12:10 pm

The Walt Disney Company wrote:The little voices inside Riley’s head know her inside and out—but next summer, everything changes when Disney and Pixar’s Inside Out 2 introduces a new Emotion: Anxiety. According to director Kelsey Mann, the new character promises to stir things up within headquarters. “Anxiety, voiced by Maya Hawke, might be new to the crew, but she’s not really the type to take a back seat,” says Mann. “That makes a lot of sense if you think about it in terms of what goes on inside all our minds.”

Disney and Pixar’s Inside Out 2 returns to the mind of newly minted teenager Riley just as headquarters is undergoing a sudden demolition to make room for something entirely unexpected: new Emotions! Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust—who’ve long been running a successful operation by all accounts—aren’t sure how to feel when Anxiety shows up. And it looks like she’s not alone.
Poster and teaser:

Heh, the pink emotion kinda looks like Bing Bong. It has also been confirmed Bill Hader and Mindy Kaling will not be returning as Fear and Disgust. Tony Hale and Liza Lapira will replace them respectively. Didn't really hear any difference.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 10th, 2023, 4:34 am

Forgotten how much I liked the music from the first one and glad Giacchino is back for this, as it would be a real shame if he forgoes scoring now he’s directed stuff.

This looks fun, and the best Pixar in a while even though it’s a follow-up. The animation looks noticeably improved though a little looser. Looks like they had fun with this one and it has a more "relaxed" style. Could be good! Should be good!

The "feel everything movie" tagline is brilliant.