Inside Out

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Inside Out

Post by Randall » June 29th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Never doubted it. The story rings quite true. emotionally, and depicted the complexities of feelings and emotions very well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 1st, 2015, 6:04 pm

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, all the way through! Their best film yet in my opinion, which is amazing in itself yet not that surprising since they top themselves so much. On par with WALL-E as far as sheer imagination, emotion and wonder. Everything felt so "natural", and every tear was earned. Despite (or because of) its constant inventiveness, it never felt contrived in any way.
Shoe-in for BAF, but I'm 99% sure it will get a Best Pic nom as well. And maybe win? You never know! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 1st, 2015, 8:35 pm

Ooh, good - just seen that we don't have to wait until October (traditionally the school holiday slot for Disney's summer US releases) for it: Inside Out opens in the UK July 26...will see it then! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 2nd, 2015, 1:29 am

ShyViolet wrote:Shoe-in for BAF, but I'm 99% sure it will get a Best Pic nom as well. And maybe win? You never know! :)
Regardless of the film itself, I think it's not too implausible that there's going to be a big, big push for it--
Part of the whole 10 nomination stunt happened because Wall-E "should" have beaten Slumdog, and if last year's utter lack of involving BP suspense didn't bring those painful memories back, nothing will. Didn't think we had a chance at a do-over after Toy Story 3, but this could very well be it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 2nd, 2015, 3:25 am

I'm not so certain of Inside Out as a 'shoo-in' winner for Best Animated Feature.

Studio Ghibli will likely be in the running with When Marnie Was There .. which could get extra attention from Academy members as possibly being that studio's final film. Peanuts also looks like it'll be really good, from what's been seen. Minions has been cleaning-up overseas, thus far (opening at #1 in most countries). Pixar's other film of the year -- The Good Dinosaur -- is also a probable competitor.

The year's only just half-over. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 14th, 2015, 12:46 pm

Though I do agree that heavier people (especially women) are stereotyped in films and TV, this is ridiculous! :?

http://www.seventeen.com/celebrity/movi ... g-message/

If anything I think Sadness' rounder appearance makes her somewhat "cuter" and "cuddlier" than the others.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 14th, 2015, 1:54 pm

So, next we'll be saying that Anger is just lashing out for being the shortest character? :lol:
And if Joy has the "ideal body figure", where does that leave Disgust, who has even better curves?

(At least we have a healthy percentage of Twits who were first to point out the bashing was just jumping on the Trend of the Day, and hadn't even seen the movie. If anything, Sadness seems to be the Velma stereotype of the wallflower gamma-girl with glasses--she's the bookworm who's read all the manuals, after all--and even given Pixar's attempt to create "geometric shapes", I didn't even notice she was round.)
Last edited by EricJ on July 14th, 2015, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 14th, 2015, 1:56 pm

droosan wrote:I'm not so certain of Inside Out as a 'shoo-in' winner for Best Animated Feature.

Studio Ghibli will likely be in the running with When Marnie Was There .. which could get extra attention from Academy members as possibly being that studio's final film. Peanuts also looks like it'll be really good, from what's been seen. Minions has been cleaning-up overseas, thus far (opening at #1 in most countries). Pixar's other film of the year -- The Good Dinosaur -- is also a probable competitor.
Marnie will probably be one of the two Artsy Token Conscience nominees, but Minions...umm, yeah. Next.
Peanuts at least has a little Schulz input enough to make it rise above BlueSky's current Rio crap (the movie remembered the "War & Peace book report over Christmas vacation" story), but put Charlie Brown together with BS's worship of Dreamworks' loser-heroes, and there's a lot that can go wrong. Out of the mandatory commercial slot given to DWA, BS or Universal, one of the three will be pushed out of the bed, and DWA's not leaving without a fight--Sorry, Minions.
Dinosaur looks good, but it's still a cleaned-up troubled project, and given Inside's unstoppable strength at the moment, Disney/Pixar might not want to split votes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 29th, 2015, 2:23 pm

Hey Ben have you seen Inside Out yet? If so what did you think of it? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 29th, 2015, 3:07 pm

I have sooooo much to say about this!

A work of genuine genius. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 29th, 2015, 3:15 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to hear it! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 29th, 2015, 10:27 pm

I guess this was an easy one to agree on. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 29th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Yikes. I might be in the minority then. I really, really liked it, but didn't think it was one of the very top tier Pixar films like everyone else does.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 29th, 2015, 11:58 pm

Nope; I'm with you on that sentiment, James.

Then again, I'm well-used to being in the minority on such views. :|

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 30th, 2015, 1:27 am

It wasn't the most entertaining of Pixar's films, but I thought it was one of the most brilliant. Just so many layers to it.