The Good Dinosaur

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Good Dinosaur

Post by LotsoA113 » September 21st, 2013, 8:07 am

Wasn't this discussion about dinosaurs at one point?
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 22nd, 2013, 3:48 pm

It looks like an interesting film. The artwork looks beautiful, hopefully the story will match.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 24th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Interesting article on why it got pushed back: (some language)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... g.html?m=1
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 25th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Vernadyn wrote: If Brad Bird joins DW, though....
Sorry, I know this is a bit off-topic, but this could never, ever happen...Bird hates Katzenberg and vice versa. I think he took out an ad in Variety at one point stating how: "Jeffrey Katzenberg's name was mentioned 25 times in the article about Chicken Run while Nick Park's was mentioned only twice."
He said horrible things about Sinbad in 2004 after Incredibles came out, and called the 90s Renaissance movies "Beautiful, full animation of really lame ideas," which is why he went to The Simpsons instead of Disney.

As for Katzenberg, in an article about DW in a 2005 edition of Wired, (shortly before Madagascar came out) JK was questioned about why DW directors can't inject a more personal vision into their films as someone like Brad Bird would. JK replied: "There are different ways of doing things. They just don't all have the same ego Brad does."

So....Bird and DW...NEVER gonna happen. :|

(Again sorry to go off topic)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » November 20th, 2014, 1:27 pm

I really like the concept art for this one. Glad to hear the project is coming along smoothly.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... story.html
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2014, 7:44 pm

Well, smoothly now...! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » June 2nd, 2015, 3:06 pm

The first teaser trailer is here!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 2nd, 2015, 3:41 pm

Still, seems like they're rushing it just to save face for lost production time...Do they have anything for summer '16?

Thought one of the things that sank Treasure Planet in '02 was that we were still so busy gushing over Lilo & Stitch six months earlier, most of us didn't know Disney had another major animated that year, as we're just not used to a year with two. Pixar is especially not immune.
(Also, the word-of-mouth gushing over Inside Out is promising to be especially high, and distracting for the competition.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 2nd, 2015, 7:07 pm

Oooh...that looks *beautiful*!

I don't think Pixar has any solid hopes for Dinosaur to threat Inside Out's sure bet for the Oscars, so it makes sense for them to release it then...in the traditional Disney Thanksgiving spot where the Studio's films always do well.

It's a win-win for them, really...if the film does turn out to be "damaged goods" then it'll quite likely quietly disappear, but if it has been saved, then it'll be a two-for-two for "back on top" Pixar.

I'd actually be more worried for Zootopia just a few months after Dinosaur - now *that* looks like it's going to get lost in the shuffle...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 3rd, 2015, 8:20 am

Actually pretty impressed by the teaser. Glad they're not mixing cute/cartoony designes with faux-realistic ones (ahem Land Before Time, much as I like that film.) Everything is equally "Pixar-y". Lol. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 8th, 2015, 10:48 am

We already have movies on this concept: Ice Age.
But I have faith on pixar. So it will be good.
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 8th, 2015, 10:49 am

ShyViolet wrote:Actually pretty impressed by the teaser. Glad they're not mixing cute/cartoony designes with faux-realistic ones (ahem Land Before Time, much as I like that film.) Everything is equally "Pixar-y". Lol. :)
Ya, the intro was very good.
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 12th, 2015, 4:24 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2015, 8:11 pm

The voice cast hasn't changed my hopes for this, but I am looking forward to it more than Zootopia/Zootropolis!

Wasn't there another big name actor who was on this? I want to say John Lithgow or someone like that...I thought I remember them saying they were going to re-record some lines after the script changed, but this to me looks like they were changed altogether...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » June 12th, 2015, 8:48 pm

Yeah, John Lithgow was the dad, and as late as last August, he was talking about how he was re-recording his lines for the movie not that it had been restructured.

Couple of other big names for the movie seemed to have had their characters completely ditched; Neil Patrick Harris, Judy Greer and Bill Hader are also no longer part of this.