Disney Planning Live Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney Planning Live Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Movie

Post by droosan » May 23rd, 2022, 6:53 pm

EricJ wrote:
May 23rd, 2022, 5:21 pm
And even that reshot ending is starting to blow up in their face, as more Disney-fan YouTube pundits are taking up the previously-discussed "Tasteless Bobby Driscoll context" talking point.

Hip deconstructive pop-culture irony: The only way to win is not to play. :P
.. especially since the identity of the villain wasn't any sort of major plot point.

Why not make the villain Fat Cat, or Professor Nimnul..?

.. or, heck, if it had to be a core 'fab five'-era character, why not Peg-Leg Pete (which is where my mind went, when "Sweet Pete" was first mentioned in the movie..?

My singular positive comment is that there was much to enjoy -- design & animation-wise -- in this movie. This is kinda what I expect an Amazing World of Gumball movie might've looked like. :) I did also enjoy the many gags that played with scale, like Chip's dog .. and detective Ellie's introductory shot. :lol:

I'm really not sure who the story is meant to be for, though .. not me, anyway. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 24th, 2022, 12:44 am

droosan wrote:
May 23rd, 2022, 6:53 pm
.. especially since the identity of the villain wasn't any sort of major plot point.
Or, as one critic pointed out, it wasn't even a "Rescue Rangers" movie until the last few minutes of the movie.
Why not make the villain Fat Cat, or Professor Nimnul..?
When I first heard the project, I thought we'd get some hip smartypants joke about Fat Cat singing Fiddler on the Roof songs, or being a Broadway producer...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 24th, 2022, 5:31 am

Zero Meowstel…? :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 24th, 2022, 2:37 pm

I will give Jim Cummings in the original cartoon props for doing a surprisingly dead-on imitation of someone anyone born after the 70s has never heard of in their lives...