Disney Planning Live Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney Planning Live Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers Movie

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2021, 4:33 am

I'd have preferred the cover just be the logo over having the same two characters repeated twice on the front (and both in the same kind of poses to boot), but it’s not *bad* bad. Six discs means a thick Amaray with a disc each end and two trays, or maybe three stacked front and back, so it won’t be a big box set. Looks like DMC might be the new go-to place for TV series runs, if occasionally, though I hope they keep going with classic film fare. There’s still way too much that needs to come out!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 28th, 2021, 7:05 am

So blu-ray.com was right about both. Tangled and rescue rangers and disney movie club.

Did we ever get all the episodes of rescue rangers on dvd or was it incomplete like gummi bears and darkwing duck was?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2021, 1:08 pm

Incomplete, missing the final 14 episodes.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2021, 6:52 pm

I don’t think I knew RR even got a DVD release! Oh, wait…yes, I did. It looked really cheap and nasty and basic, so I passed.

After thinking I would skip Tangled, that art looks pretty enticing! Was the show itself that good?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 28th, 2021, 7:20 pm

It's...a little strange:

"Stylized" 2D animation (in addition to cheap 21st-cty. Flash-style animation) that Disney/Pixar substitutes for their 3D CGI character marketing design, and while Flynn and Rap are in it, most of the action centers around new-to-series characters.
In fact, if not for them, it might almost be unrecognizable. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » December 28th, 2021, 7:58 pm

Ben wrote:
December 28th, 2021, 6:52 pm
I don’t think I knew RR even got a DVD release! Oh, wait…yes, I did. It looked really cheap and nasty and basic, so I passed.

After thinking I would skip Tangled, that art looks pretty enticing! Was the show itself that good?
The show was fine, better than most Disney shows out there, end of season 2 and season 3 is when everything gets really interesting. The music is by Alan Menken and it's really great, even better than the movie's and he won an Emmy for one of the songs.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2021, 2:56 pm

If you haven't already gathered, I loved the show! Yes, season 2 was little fillery, but oh does it get good. There's so much to praise. You quickly get used to the art style, and the music is phenomenal. It even gives Raps parents voices and development! Made me like Eugene even more. Not sure if enough to get as a blind buy, definitely worth checking out on Disney+. Sadly, the UK only has the first season currently.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 29th, 2021, 6:47 pm

I did review the intro movie on DVD, which I still have. Maybe I’ll give that another view…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » December 29th, 2021, 9:58 pm

This is confusing. DMC changed the cover of Chip 'n' Dale and it's not an exclusive after all, makes more sense considering some Canadian retailers have it to pre order as well:

Tangled hasn't changed yet, not sure it will.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 30th, 2021, 4:40 am

Whatever one does, the other will follow… :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » December 31st, 2021, 12:04 am

Here's our answer to Tangled:

It actually makes more sense to release Chip 'n' Dale through the DMC and give Tangled a wide release.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 31st, 2021, 3:19 am

How bizarre!

DMC usually releases two similar titles at the same time, and these, for whatever reasons, have been lumped together as a pair, being two WDTVA full series titles being prepared for release on the same day. It stands to reason that they would both get the same distribution, either through, or not through, the DMC. That’s also some weird wording in their last tag there, the "only sold through Disney" line, which isn’t their usual kind of wording. Something's screwy with these releases, though it could just as well be a "left hand, right hand" situation, given the comparative "rush" between the news leak and release date.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 27th, 2022, 2:26 pm

Packaging pics:

As you can see, it retains the original aspect ratio! Yay! Amazon link.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 27th, 2022, 4:50 pm

I’ll wait for reviews and a sale, and would have loved the five-part To The Rescue opener in the movie format it was broadcast in here, and this is still a very out of the blue Blu, but welcome especially if it’s a harbinger of things — Wuzzles, Gummis, DuckTales — to come!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 27th, 2022, 5:00 pm

Going to assume the “content warning” refers to the Asian episode…which, okay, hasn’t aged that well.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."