Flinstones CG Movie Coming From WB

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Flinstones CG Movie Coming From WB

Post by gaastra » May 8th, 2014, 5:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ1QGQ9VDb4

WB just announced the flintstones are returning to the big screen in thier second animated big screen movie! This time cg but we all saw that coming right.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Flinstones CG Movie Coming From WB

Post by EricJ » May 8th, 2014, 6:59 pm

Yep, Seth was NEVER going to get his show. :)

(So now we have Will Ferrell and Zack G from "The Campaign" as the latest folk to say "Well, it's a dumb guy with a family in prime time, so it's sort of like the Simpsons only first, right?")

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 8th, 2014, 10:22 pm

"Zach G" isn't even involved in this. :?

And I actually would've liked to see Seth's version come to be. He's clearly a genuine fan of the show, and the cutaway gags from Family Guy involving Flintstones--however "twisted" they may be--nail the tone, and almost feel like they could be "real."
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » May 9th, 2014, 2:30 am

Unfortunately, with the immature Will Ferrell involved, this is more likely to be Yabba-dabba-DON'T. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 9th, 2014, 8:04 am

Well, if we're being completely fair, he did do a really good job with Megamind and considering the built-in family audience, I seriously doubt the film will have his usual style of humor (which is most definitely not family-friendly). I imagine it will be just a movie that happens to have Will Ferrell in it rather than a Will Ferrell Movie. As with all such remakes, I say we should wait and see. WB Animation does terrific work and I would expect this to be no different.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2014, 8:28 am

Ferrell didn't write Megamind, he was just a vocal actor in it, so that's not really indicative of what he might do with an animated feature.

I don't think there's been any news that he will even be in this, just that he and his producing partner are the ones supervising the production (again, I'm not sure he will even write it, just produce at this point).

WB Animation doesn't actually *do* anything! It's a production banner name that respects the legacy and has a lot of production staff, but all of WB's actual animation projects (from the DC movies to Lego) is all farmed out to other providers. Mostly with theatricals it's been Animal Logic (Happy Feet, Lego Movie), but this is one area where WB is lacking behind the other studios, in not having their own dedicated animation production arm.

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 9th, 2014, 8:57 am

Then again, the fact they don't actually do the animation themselves has allowed them to do things like the Tom And Jerry and DC Comics DTVs (both of which I'm a big fan of) that might not have been made if they couldn't keep the budget down by farming the animation out, so it's not necessarily a bad thing in this case. The sheer volume of stuff they put out and the fact that most of it is excellent speaks for itself, really.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Except in this case it won't be WB Animation at work...it'll be Ferrell's company calling the shots on Animal Logic's production process (a semi-relationship they already have after Lego). The best we can hope for is that someone who oversees the Hanna-Barbera brand is consulted on the characters and plot development...