DMC Exclusive Disney Blus

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: DMC Exclusive Disney Blus

Post by Randall » October 5th, 2021, 9:34 am

I like the Paige cover fine, except for the weird red aura that seems clumsily added and meaningless. (Was it even two different paintings Photoshopped together? Even then, it's an awkward melding with the background.) If the characters are off-model at all, I chalk it up to artistic choice; and I do find it charming, in the best sense. They have be presented quite similarly in books and comics.
Last edited by Randall on October 5th, 2021, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » October 5th, 2021, 9:36 am

Or a cover of those goodtimes knock offs from the 90's.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2021, 11:45 am

:lol:

Yeah, for books and comics, okay. For a commercial Blu-ray release…no.

And you can’t say being off-model is an artistic choice! Off-model is called OFF-model for a reason! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by danieltruchsess » October 5th, 2021, 1:12 pm

You guys are awesome! Thanks for giving me the heads up that Melody Time and Make Mine Music are available for pre-order.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 5th, 2021, 2:05 pm

That B&tB cover looks like a professional watercolor artist wanted to play around with a Disney coloring-book page.

Still, I'll put in a plug for the Atlantis 1+ 2 disk, not because of the despicably unlikable first movie, but just for 2's TV-pilot example of how a Disney Afternoon cartoon series can clean up and IMPROVE a messy not-so-great movie.
If Disney Channel could improve Lilo & Stitch, Hercules and Tarzan, just wait to see how they made Team Atlantis likable by giving them something to actually do in the stories.
Hopefully the MMM synopsis is a typo: a recent D23 retrospective article clearly stated the film had ten segments and actually named The Martins And The Coys title — EDIT: ah, on trying to find it I see it’s dated April 2016; I only stumbled across it recently.
Even if it were the current Blu synopsis, I'd guess they hadn't bothered to write a new one since the edited Gold DVD. There's a reason this has been on the bottom of their priority list, which is why I assumed they'd give it the same double-feature they used to sell Saludos Amigos with.

But, it was Pecos Bill getting his nasty cigarette back that first raised my 9 vs. 10 suspicions, so, as Ben says, we shall see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 5th, 2021, 2:30 pm

I can somewhat agree with the Atlantis compilation, but Lilo & Stitch (which you've brought up ad nauseam and seem to be the only person who shares that view) Hercules and Tarzan!? :lol: (The later two were not Disney Channel)

Yes, the 9 count on Make Mine Music is supposedly a typo.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2021, 5:57 pm

I also like that the sequel featurette to Casey At The Bat, Casey Bats Again, is an extra. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 6th, 2021, 12:19 pm

Be our guest and celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Beauty And The Beast, universally acclaimed as one of Disney's finest animated films. This Club Exclusive features limited-edition O-Sleeve Art by Disney Legend Paige O'Hara
Will that BatB image be the actual cover, or is this just a slipcover over the old disc? Might have to wait and see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » October 6th, 2021, 12:55 pm

Does it list the bonus features?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2021, 3:31 pm

James wrote:
October 6th, 2021, 12:19 pm
Will that BatB image be the actual cover, or is this just a slipcover over the old disc?
Good point! My guess is you've nailed it and this will just be the Paige image on a slipcover with the original cover (depending on which edition: my guess is the Signature going by the title treatment on the spine) underneath, as it does specifically specify the "O-Sleeve Art".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » October 6th, 2021, 3:36 pm

Where do you see a title treatment on the spine?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2021, 3:44 pm

Ah, it must have been on the image Rand sent me from the DMC mailout. It’s clearly the capitalised Signature Edition logo of the title there, for what that’s worth.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 29th, 2021, 5:08 pm

Bad news to report: Make Mine Music is censored and does NOT include "The Martins and the Coys". Any interest I had is now gone. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by danieltruchsess » October 29th, 2021, 6:00 pm

That is a shame. I just got my copy today, but hadn't checked. Why is that short censored?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 29th, 2021, 6:16 pm

Too many cartoonish "deaths", and too many Disney decisions made by ancient Eisner-era tradition.