DMC Exclusive Disney Blus

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: DMC Exclusive Disney Blus

Post by Daniel » June 12th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Someone on eBay is selling custom made slipcovers for the Club titles. Pretty cool. No real use to me as I'm content just owning the film (and $15 to ship cardboard!?) but I know a few of you if given the choice would love the slips!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 12th, 2021, 2:12 pm

Those are pretty nice, but I'd prefer that they'd been given different covers to make them unique. Theatrical poster art is always welcome. Plus, not only are they darn expensive, that shipping is extreme, even within Canada (where the seller is from). I wonder how many takers he'll get.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 12th, 2021, 2:21 pm

Yep, nowhere near as awesome as Droo's custom work!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 12th, 2021, 5:59 pm

aw; thanks! :oops:

I'd never dare try to sell any of mine for 'real' money, though .. especially online, where every cent of any transaction could be easily traced by Disney lawyers. There's an awful lot of artists who don't mind living that dangerously, I suppose. :|

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2021, 9:16 pm

Wow...those are *nice*! But the cost of a new disc just for a slip? Plus even more than that in postage? Yes, they’re nice, but no, that’s just not realistic. And I agree that, although the genuine slips just replicated sleeve art, it would be cooler if we got theatrical posters on these...even on those few ones that got slips originally.

Cheaper to throw away the six or so slips that came with the initial titles, though...and still then have the whole series uniform! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 13th, 2021, 12:04 am

Wow, he's sold 36 of those so far! Some collectors are even more OCD than me and Ben!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 13th, 2021, 5:26 am

Oh, if I had the cash to splash there are easily six or eight that I would pounce on, but I’d rather spend that on actual discs than making them look nicer.

If the first few hadn't come with slips then this would be moot anyway, since I doubt anyone would have thought to mock them up. And since those initial titles these don’t come with slips, so it’s not like we have occasional slipcovered titles where some do, some don’t, or they’re hard to find. This line basically doesn’t come with them, so I’m good. Yeah, they look neat — and very attractive in some cases — but that cost is prohibitive, especially when looking at quite a few titles!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 15th, 2021, 2:50 pm

Next four titles:

The Big Green
A Kid in King Arthur's Court
Man of the House
Tom and Huck

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 15th, 2021, 4:42 pm

Ah, Man of the House...
If there was one argument for the prosecution and death-penalty for early 90's Sado-Masochistic Adult-Torture Home Alone Knockoffs. (And no, not even "Big Fat Liar".)

And I'm guessing Big Green, aka "Goalies Got 'Nards" won't get another next-generation 20's Mighty Ducks-Knockoff reboot series for Disney+.
Last edited by EricJ on July 15th, 2021, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 15th, 2021, 5:36 pm

Nice to see 'em keep on comin', but…nothing to see here. Man Of The House isn’t even worth it for late-model, watered down Chevy.

Where's 101/102 Dalmatians to tie in with Cruella's disc release next month!?? :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 15th, 2021, 9:46 pm

Wow, 4 releases and nothing that remotely interests me. These releases used to always be exciting! Better luck next time. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 8th, 2021, 11:47 am

Next round of exclusives:

Watcher in the Woods
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Flight of the Navigator

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 8th, 2021, 5:21 pm

Ooooooooooh…!

I have the lovely UK deluxe Navigator box, but might be tempted to leap again, just to have the official Disney version (internationally, Fox, ironically, distributed, and it’s still an independent Producers Sales Organization picture everywhere but America).

Those other two are must-musts — and I hope we get a few scant extras (Woods' alternate endings, Wicked's isolated or even alternate score (yeah, I can wish) — along with the Herbie: Fully Loaded that Rand and I still need to pick up! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 9th, 2021, 1:05 am

Okay, I am sooooo in for Something Wicked and The Watcher. I have the DVDs, but truth be told I've held out on watching them because I really wanted Blu-rays. Cool. SOLD! Looks like I'll be placing that order now, Benny boy! And it's 60% off this month! (No free shipping, though, which is actually an even better deal.)

Oh, and extras:

Watcher: Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
• NEW! Chilling, never-before-released alternate opening titles • Alternate Endings (the endings were on the DVD)

None listed for the other two.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 9th, 2021, 4:27 am

Nice to see something on Woods at least. I have both previous DVDs, I think, definitely the Anchor Bay with the good stuff on it. I’ll keep my Wicked LD for the iso score (though I have the limited edition CD and that for the discarded first score by Georges Delerue). Thanks for nabbing these for me! :)