Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 13th, 2005, 7:17 pm

Ben wrote:Yep, through Disney's Touchstone Pictures, in August.
Well, now the poster says "Walt Disney Pictures", so hopefully Valiant will have a better shot at securing a decent audience.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 14th, 2005, 9:57 am

As good as Valiant sounds, I don't think Disney should have placed their "Walt Disney Pictures" label on it. With Chicken Little on the way, I think a lot of people will be confused by this one. They will probably this movie is the first CGI feature of Disney and not Chicken Little. To make it short --> A lot of confusion. If Valiant bombs in box offices, I don't think Chicken Little will do well.
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » April 14th, 2005, 10:04 am

and it will bomb, the movie is LAME adn awful,not funny at all and the characters are stupid, nothing to save in this movie, Disney should better leave it in UK. (released in France in March, eaten by ROBOTS)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2005, 11:12 am

Well, everyone has an opinion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 14th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Well, it could be that people from the UK (like you Ben) like it more because it's made in England and based on the English culture. The original voices are pure english too...

That's probably the reason why KinOO has a different opinion about it ;)
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2005, 2:44 pm

Aye, but remember that I was going in not expecting to like it and actually waiting to NOT like it, but came out thinking it was more fun than, say Robots.

There ARE plenty of English folk who don't like it either - including a friend of mine who worked on it - but like I say, everyone has an opinion, and I wouldn't have expected the stiff upper lip humor to have worked well in France anyway.

But you Yanks who get a kick out of the Python/Blackadder type of comedy are gonna love it. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 14th, 2005, 4:24 pm

To me, it sounds kinda like "Chicken Run", a movie that I truly loved. I'm not sure what I'll make of "Valient", but I intend to give it a shot.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 14th, 2005, 5:28 pm

I'm willing to give the film a chance as well. I've seen a decent amount of reviews for the film, and if I remember correctly, every one of them reached generally the same verdict: Valiant is good fun, but falls to fly to the heights of Pixar's or DreamWorks' best. I'd say the reviews were along the same line of the ones Ice Age received. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to seeing the film myself.

By the way, does anyone else think that Disney may want to release Valiant under the Miramax banner? After all, releasing the Valiant under the Disney label is going to make the film look like a 100% Disney animated film, which could cause some confusion when Chicken Little comes along, being hailed as Disney's first CGI movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2005, 2:10 pm

Yep - that's why I think they were toying with the TOUCHSTONE label.

And yes, as I said in my write up after seeing Valiant, it's on about a par with Ice Age.

A similarity to Chicken Run is certainly in order, given the English voices are humor. If you enjoed Chicken Run or Wallace And Gromit, then chances are you'll love Valiant.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 15th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Golly, I love "Ice Age" too. I'd better try to check out "Valient".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jessie » May 7th, 2005, 9:00 am

I think Chicken Little looks like it will be really good and funny!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 7th, 2005, 2:58 pm

I think the trailer they made for it right before HHGTTG was friggen great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » May 7th, 2005, 5:21 pm

Another trailer? Can you tell us every detail? :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Most anticipated animated film for 2005?

Post by mr. squarepants » May 12th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Which animated film are you most looking forward to in 2005?

My pick: Chicken Little. I cannot wait to see if it reaches Pixar's standards and if critics and audiences embrace it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » May 12th, 2005, 3:40 pm

Chicken Little

I really liked the trailers (especially the one before HGTTG), and i am hoping that Disney will actually do a good animated film, they havnt done one since Lilo and Stitch 3 years ago.