Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 12th, 2005, 4:56 pm

WALLACE AND GROMIT

I've been wanting to see that SO. FRIGGEN. BAD.

I'm so glad they're gonna have a full theatrical movie this time.

Madagascar comes in at a close second, with Valiant and Chicken Little coming up after those.

Tarzan II and Lilo & Stitch II are "eh. look allright" for me, and I know NOTHING about Corpse Bride.

Pooh's Heffelump Movie, before I saw any trailers, was pretty high up on my list. Then when I saw the trailer, and saw that it's just about one cute little baby heffelump, and not really having much relation to the nightmare or whatever it was from the first heffelump outing... well... I was really disapointed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » May 12th, 2005, 4:56 pm

Mi picks: Corpse Bride, Wallace&Gromit and Madagascar!

(is it a joke to put the cheapquels into the poll? :D )
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 12th, 2005, 4:58 pm

...I just went to go watch the trailer or Corpse Bride.

I've only watched a few seconds so far.
I. want. to. see. this movie.

It's right up there under Wallace and Gromit now :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » May 12th, 2005, 5:50 pm

hands down Chicken Little. I'm reading nothing but great things about it. I Hope it rocks big time. Emperor's New Groove rocked, this same team can do it again, I just know it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 14th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Corpse Bride, no contest.

Of course I'm interested in the others, but we all know what to expect from them really (the "nervous eater" gag in the ChickLit trail is really starting to grate on me - it's a stupid gag that everyone says is their favorite and it's really annying me. Obvious and not funny, but so "cute" that it can't fail to raise a laugh. I don't know - just feels like such an "executive inclusion idea" that everyone had to suck up to and put in).

Valiant has already proven itself to me in the UK, but for something new and unexpected, plus as close to a Nightmare follow up that we'll ever get, it HAS to be Corpse Bride.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by taguirre69 » May 15th, 2005, 9:35 am

My pick was definitely for Corpse Bride. As much of a Disney fan as I am, I am a HUGE Tim Burton fan, and with Johnny Depp and (I believe) Danny Elfman back for another movie, they can do no wrong.

Next in line for me is Chicken Little and then Lilo & Stitch 2.
We're dead! We're dead! We survived but we're dead!
-The Dash from The Incredibles

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » May 17th, 2005, 12:51 pm

Kinoo wrote:(is it a joke to put the cheapquels into the poll? :D )
Nope, no joke at all. Believe it or not, I am sure that someone, somewhere will find Tarzan II to be as good as the original (no, it's not me :) ).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » May 17th, 2005, 1:14 pm

I see who you're talking about mouhahaha.
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 19th, 2005, 12:35 pm

Of course I'm interested in the others, but we all know what to expect from them really (the "nervous eater" gag in the ChickLit trail is really starting to grate on me - it's a stupid gag that everyone says is their favorite and it's really annying me.
OMG I totally agree. That's so stupid! I much prefer the opening gag with CL going: "Ruuuuuuun!" after the announcer says that he will "save us all."
Also the "in about two seconds I'm going to scream like a little girl" thing is wearing very thin by now.

Corpse Bride is also my top choice. Madagascar my second and Wallace and Gromit third.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 26th, 2005, 12:39 am

Has anyone else noticed that the very first trailer, with Chicken Little talking to the reporters, has been taken down from the official CL site again? It was on the site, along with the teaser trailer from November. Then, it was taken down, leaving only the November teaser trailer.

However, on Monday, when the newest trailer hit the web, the first trailer was put back on the film's site, only to now have been taken down again. Anybody know why? The trailer received a lot of bad buzz. Maybe someone remembered the reaction to it and ordered it to be taken down.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/chickenlittle/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 26th, 2005, 12:52 am

...why did it receive a lot of "bad buzz"?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 26th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Ben could tell you better than I could, because his thoughts about the trailer seemed to basically summarize the thoughts of the majority of people, if I remember correctly. Personally, I liked the trailer pretty much. It wasn't excellent, but it wasn't horrible either.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 27th, 2005, 6:53 am

I can't remember what I said, but I remember feeling that it was "made by committee", like the "Sorry, nervous eater" gag in the fuller trailer.

It just seems to me that we have a bunch of writers coming up with stuff and keeping the movie on track and then a bunch of so called "creative execs" come in and offer up some "jokes" which really just feel like that - someone with power putting in their input, which doesn't amount to much more than simple and obvious comedy.

I like the sky really is falling thing this time around, but otherwise it doesn't seem as "clever" as disney usually is.

Having recently been in meetings with people who do just this - stand there and offer up the lamest gag thinking that it's the classic moment that will be the mark of the project - I can sympathise with the crew, who are often forced into putting such stuff in. And this just feels like one of those attempts.

The teaser, at the time, got a lot of negativity about the animation, the over-enthusuastic voicing (trying too much, too loud) and the rather "nothingness" about what the content was. I'm not alone in that at all, but picked up on that vibe. Subsequent trails have been better, but some of the gags still scream out lame, despite the fact that some people seem to think they're funny. I guess that's because our expectations have been lowered in recent times due to the gross-out factor.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 27th, 2005, 7:08 am

A teaser is supposed to be little more than an announcement that a particular movie is coming. In that regard the Chicken Little teaser trailer succeeded. It let you know there's a movie coming out called Chicken Little.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » May 27th, 2005, 12:09 pm

I always felt the teaser for Chicken Little was excellent; very funny and visually appealing. The trailer, however, was definitely not as good.

And as far as Valiant is concerned, the trailer I've seen online makes me feel that this is going to be an excellent film. If, indeed, it is anything like Wallace & Grommit or Chicken Run, then I know I'm going to like it! 8)
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]