Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 27th, 2005, 6:54 pm

ShyViolet wrote: BTW, there's going to be a Shrek Broadway Show, directed by Sam Mendes. (American Beauty). I'm totally serious. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was just gonna mention that. I don't see how that could possibly work out. Wait- I heard it was an off-Broadway show, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 27th, 2005, 7:03 pm

ShyViolet wrote: We need more girl protagonists, and both Incredibles and Finding Nemo were cool for having strong female characters. And they weren't just a retread of the "I wish I could get out and see the world (read: meet the man of my dreams)" type of heroines you saw in Disney films a lot.
I really like Violet. She was such a nice change from the 'Disney Channel' type teenagers you so often see in films now. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 30th, 2005, 4:03 pm

I agree. Shows like Lizzie Maguire, Kim Possible, Sabrina et al (how many are there anyway? :roll: ) make it look like female adolescence is just one big adventure and ALL girls are spunky and super-confident. Not realistic at all, and it gets old after a while. (I bet Lindsey Lohan will get her own cartoon any day now.)

I liked Violet too because you see her struggling with universal teenage issues, but from a girl's point of view. Also Lilo, she wasn't some adorable little moppet but a very unique character.

Sometimes I feel that DW films also overdo it with the "confident, strong female angle." EVERY film has at least one, from POE to Mad. (Miriam, Tzipporah, Chel, Marina from Sinbad, princess Bala and Azteca from Antz, Fiona, even Gloria the hippo) There needs to be some more variety because not EVERY girl out there is super-confident ALL the time.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » July 1st, 2005, 1:22 pm

Well, what bugs me about female characters in animated films is that they're either completely confident or annoyingly struggling to find their place in life. My favourite female animated character is Meg, because she's both confident and vulnerable. She feels a little more normal than the 'I want-heroines' like Ariel, Belle, Mulan and Pocahontas. Lilo and Nani were also really interesting characters.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Herbie: Fully Loaded

Post by ShyViolet » July 27th, 2005, 12:46 pm

If it's a hit, they can easily make more without Lohan.
I heard it wasn't that good.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 27th, 2005, 1:49 pm

PatrickvD wrote:Well, what bugs me about female characters in animated films is that they're either completely confident or annoyingly struggling to find their place in life. .
Yeah, exactly.

Anyway...Chicken Little. Does anyone know if they showed CL stuff at the recent Comic Con?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 27th, 2005, 1:54 pm

I just saw the japanese trailer that was posted on the main page, and now I'm more excited about the movie than ever.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 27th, 2005, 2:08 pm

Yeah, that trailer looks cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 27th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Ireally like Violet. She was such a nice change from the 'Disney Channel' type teenagers you so often see in films now.
Violet is awesome. It's amazing how they got her hair just right. I like it when it's in her face (makes her look very goth) but she definetely looks better when she wears it back later.

Also I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I've got to confess...I thought Dash was a whining, self-centered little brat. He is SO annoying. I totally don't blame that teacher for chewing him out. And his dad is just like: "Way to go, son!" Some role model.

One more thing: at the end of the movie, when they're a superhero family, is Jack-Jack with them too? He also had a mask, so I assume he's a "baby-super." That doesn't make sense to me because how could they endanger the life of their BABY even though he has powers too? Earlier on the mom always seemed so concerned about Jack-Jack and was flabberghasted when Edna Mode designed him a costume. It's one thing to resume hero work with Bob, but how can she allow her infant son, (not to mention her other children) to fight alongside them? After all, didn't she tell her kids: "These people are not like the people you saw on TV. They will kill you." What gives? :shock:

Just had to get that off my chest. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 27th, 2005, 2:37 pm

Well...

All through the film, they didn't know if Jack-Jack WAS a super, right? So they - mom especially - were worried about him (was that an "impotent" theme being put in there, due to the years of not being able to be super?) until his showed he could look after himself.

As for the other kids, they more than proved themselves in the end too, and at least as a crimefighting family she can keep an eye on them!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 28th, 2005, 1:24 pm

Hmmm....I guess that makes sense, but still, IMO a baby is a baby, super or not. I mean, unless he's super-intelligent as well, a baby doesn't know what he's doing, even if he does have powers. I still think someone should call the social worker on this!

(Yeah, well, maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but the movie had all this "serious" stuff in addition to the "cartoon" plot, so I don't really think it's taking it that far. Oh well. :roll: :wink: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 28th, 2005, 8:29 pm

Ben wrote:Yeah, that trailer looks cool.
It's definatly better than the English one. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

european chicken little trailer

Post by cartoni » August 9th, 2005, 9:03 am

in my opinion is really horrible.From the italian disney site with the "dragostea din tei" song
http://www.disney.it/Film/movies/chicke ... index.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » August 9th, 2005, 9:59 am

I think horrible would be an overstatement, and it is better than the teaser on the UK Bambi DVD and the Region 1 Brother Bear (the one where he's being mobbed by the press), but it is a bit weird.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2005, 12:02 pm

This trailer is doing the rounds in different countries with local songs used on the track.

I thought it was quite funny, myself, if getting a little overdone now, having the main character simply dancing.

Gawd they are desperate for this to be a hit, right?