Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » November 4th, 2005, 9:22 pm

Well - Chicken Little is definitely a well done movie. It's frighteningly reminescent of the early days of Pixar and really had a Toy Story/Monsters Inc. feel to it. It's a very impressive first go and best of all - it proved Disney is still capable of writing a decent story! I did have a few pet peevs though. The chicken's glasses kinda got on my nerves the way they were acting in the animation as well as a few other beginners CG animation flaws, it was a little heavy on the toilet humor, and a couple of typical Disney nuances like the incomplete family and subtle undertones. Nevertheless it was a great movie (a must see) and IMHO the best animated movie this year.

I did however think that Fish out of Water and Kirby stole the show. They were like this movie's equivalent of Rusty and Jack-Jack respectively. Although I'm convinced FooW is autistic 'cause I swear he's just like my brother.

I'll be interested to see how the box office numbers look though. While it was a great movie I wasn't seeing the turn out I was anticipating even for a mid-afternoon showing.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 4th, 2005, 11:18 pm

I... loved this movie.

The ONLY part about the movie was the burp-hill-roll thing with Runt (I'm not spoiling anything entertaining, don't worry). Though I'm curious what other "toilet humor" you noticed :o I didn't notice any more.

Anyway, the rest of the movie was great. The story (Ever since I found out about the little spin on the original, i've been excited about it), Fish out of Water was FANTASTIC. He was totally the best character in the movie. I liked how Morcubine Porcupine was given its own movie display and only appeared in VERY short bursts. It was SO funny. I don't understand the reviewers who say they didn't laugh once. WHAT. oh god I loved it. Also
the part with the aliens at the end, where they act all big and booming and dramatic, and then they are simple family aliens. And how they overdramatized them being on the ship with the explosions and ARGH it was GREAT
The voice actors were awesome.
Adam West as the GOOD movie version of Chicken Little
They even snuck in Patrick Warburton. THAT made me so happy.

Loved the animation and facial expressions. The movie seemed like a mix of Pixar and Emporer's New Groove.

But the thing I loved MOST about this movie, was the soundtrack. I dunno if the beginning song was made for the movie or not, but it was great. And the rest of the songs were fantastic. I can't BELIEVE they used REM's "End of the world as we know it". Though I'm a little disapointed that the numa numa song wasn't anywhere in the movie, like it was in the commercials.

Anyway, yes. Great job I say. No matter what the naysayers... say.

EDIT: Also, I dunno if i'm in the minority or not, but I kinda like the Disney Nuances. Maybe it feels comfortable to me? *shrug* I mean, not that I'm adverse to it being different or nothin, I just never had a problem with em ^_^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 4th, 2005, 11:26 pm

Man, if I actually though that reviews were worth anything, I would have missed a great movie. Glad I didn't :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

MY CHICKEN LITTLE REVIEW. PLEASE POST YOUR REVIEWS TO.

Post by isaac15 » November 5th, 2005, 2:13 pm

i watched chicken little yesterday. the movie is good not the best but good. it is no shrek 2. but good. the story was good. but i did not like the baseball part. it was very long and did not go with the story. the song that abby and runt were singing. was a little jeap. the visuals for the movie were very good. very cartoon like. the voice acting was good. zach braff is a perfect voice for chicken little. chicken little is a very fresh movie funny and most of all it is fun. it is not a pixar movie but how cares. disney just should us that they can make good movies too. it is a very good start for disney. some people were saying it was like valiant. chicken little is way better than valiant i can teel you that. the movie is funny at first but very slow. but than the end is wen things get really funny. there is only one more thing to say. DISNEY IS BACK.

p.s i did not see the movie in 3D. if someone did can you post your reviews. and if you did not see the move in 3D you can steel post your reviews.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 5th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Oh yeah, and another thing. Were these songs made FOR this movie specifically? Because I can't find these songs on my downloading program everywhere, and I want to listen to them :(

ya know, without buying the soundtrack cause i'm a cheapass broke face.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 5th, 2005, 7:11 pm

I believe two songs were written for the movie.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 5th, 2005, 7:21 pm

Macaluso wrote:...I can't find these songs on my downloading program everywhere, and I want to listen to them :(
I know you don't like the program they use, but...
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004091.html

As for Chicken Little's original song, "One Little Slip":
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004066.html

Hope this helps! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 5th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Yeah for someone reason that actually works for me :?

The AOL movie player didn't work, but this did.

I managed to FINALLY locate "one little slip", which is awesome. So now I just have to rely on this thing until then. Oh well, no big deal. The "stir it up" version for this movie is awesome. (apparently there was an original one that they also used in beverly hills cop? wtfs.

Anyway weeee I love the soundtrack to this movie. That's definitally part of what made the movie such a fun ride for me.

Except for that dumb cheeta girls song. I hate them >:\

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 5th, 2005, 9:08 pm

Macaluso wrote:Except for that dumb cheeta girls song. I hate them >:\
I'll second that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Just saw it

Post by SPACEHERO55 » November 6th, 2005, 2:14 am

Hey I just saw it and I was very dissapointed. I had a lot of pet peeves. First of all there were way too many songs. If you speak to anyone who knows me they will tell you that Im a huge advocate for more musical score and less contemperary pop songs in movies. I mean 2 or 3 are fine but the sheer bulk of popular contemperary and classic songs really bugged me. The brilliant score by John Debney really suffered cause there were too many songs. Because of the bulk of songs Debney was not given enough time to develop any strong themes. A heartwarming theme for Chicken Little and his father would have been cool as well as a strong heroic theme, but alas most of the film was tainted by song after song.

This trend of filling animated movies with more contemperary songs and less musical score is really starting to bug me. Back when Shrek did it I was dissapointed and since every single Dreamworks CGI film has been overflowing with pop and rock songs and that is part of the reason why I don't like any of them.

One scene that to me was ruined by the addition of a song was the big alien invasion scene where the break out with "It's The End of The World" Ugh!!! That really irked me and broke the mood. The film did not need to have as many songs as it had and could have really been a lot better if there was more music score and themes. John Debney is a brilliant composer and it is a shame he was treated this way. I feel the same way that Harry Gregson Williams has been treated with the Dreamworks CGI films.

There were way too many POP culture referances and this really bogged down the film and keeps it form being timeless and classic. This is why Pixar is still the best at this. They don't fill their movies with POP culture referances or POP/ROCK songs and that is why their films are the best. They are not bogged down. They are timeless.

I mean some of the characters were funny Runt and Fish were great. I also feel they copped out on the Aliens not being evil. That really dissapointed me. It was all fluff.

Ronald C :(
Im a Superhero, what could happen?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » November 6th, 2005, 7:32 am

There is already a thread on thoughts on the movie. Why the hell are you creating a new one?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2005, 9:45 am

The aliens thing sounds to me like some exec saw Jimmy Neutron and thought "hey that's a fun and original idea".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 6th, 2005, 12:21 pm

Estimates from Box Office Mojo say Chicken Little made $40 million in its opening weekend. Pretty good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Chicken Little clucks at the BoxOffice

Post by harkin » November 6th, 2005, 2:36 pm

Chicken Little estimated at $40 million opening weekend - www.boxofficemojo.com.

Wow. There should be some celebrating at Disney on Monday, no doubt.

Thought the movie was 'eh',...fun. I think they did a smashing job, animation wise, especially for a first time CGI studio. Congratulation to all the Chicken Little crew.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Chicken Little clucks at the BoxOffice

Post by PatrickvD » November 6th, 2005, 3:09 pm

harkin wrote:Chicken Little estimated at $40 million opening weekend - www.boxofficemojo.com.

Wow. There should be some celebrating at Disney on Monday, no doubt.

Thought the movie was 'eh',...fun. I think they did a smashing job, animation wise, especially for a first time CGI studio. Congratulation to all the Chicken Little crew.
Pretty good for Chicken Little. Biggest opening weekend for a Walt Disney Feature Animation movie is to this day still The Lion King's $40.8 million. Although if we count inflation Lion King is way bigger but it's still impressive Chicken Little finally does what no other Disney film has been able to do since LK... come close to that 11 year old record.