Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Chicken Little clucks at the BoxOffice

Post by askmike1 » November 6th, 2005, 8:47 pm

PatrickvD wrote:Although if we count inflation Lion King is way bigger
Technically, if we count inflation, Snow White would probably be the biggest (considering that made an adjusted $700m).

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: MY CHICKEN LITTLE REVIEW. PLEASE POST YOUR REVIEWS TO.

Post by Phil » November 7th, 2005, 9:01 am

I really liked Chicken Little too. To me it was an improvement over Home on the Range, which I though was so-so.

My brother went with us to see it, and he had some problems with the story, but I didn't get a chance to find out what he specifically didn't like. I thought the story was great.
isaac15 wrote:the story was good. but i did not like the baseball part. it was very long and did not go with the story.
The baseball part was important.
It was his redemption from laughingstock to hero.
If he had remained a laughingstock, he would have risked nothing in his second "sky is falling" proclamation. The fact that he had become a sports hero put a real struggle into his dilemma. It wasn't an easy choice to risk losing that hero status to ring that school bell.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 7th, 2005, 10:57 am

Nope, Lion King still rules, with about $1.5b in inflated takings.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

characters...

Post by harkin » November 7th, 2005, 12:28 pm

For those that have seen the film, regardless if you liked
it or not, which character appealed to you most? (I've been hearing many people pefered "Fish-out-of-Water". )

And which character(s) were least appealing? (was it the design? voice? or animation?)

I'm super curious about this. (oh and the background characters are a 'given'. They just looked bad)

thx!

Harkin

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » November 7th, 2005, 1:57 pm

I particularly liked FooW strictly for how they used his character. He was very unique, fun, and adorable but still had an intricate part in the plot. He kind of has that child-like exuberance that endears him to people of all ages. As for least favorite, I found it hardest to relate to Runt. His proportions and animation just seemed off and inconsistent to me - the bulk was less than superbly animated IMO. Also his character just never seemed to develop. Actually I'm not sure it was ever thoroughly established.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 7th, 2005, 2:08 pm

Oh great...The UK is one of about three countries worldwide that have to wait until 2006!

10 February to be exact.

And you just know that we'll be getting pre-used US prints during that run...:(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

characters..

Post by harkin » November 7th, 2005, 2:28 pm

Brandon Neeld wrote:As for least favorite, I found it hardest to relate to Runt. His proportions and animation just seemed off and inconsistent to me - the bulk was less than superbly animated IMO. Also his character just never seemed to develop. Actually I'm not sure it was ever thoroughly established.
Thanks Brandon, this is astonishing because Runt was supposed to be one of the characters thought to surely steal the show. Abbey was another character who's animation was supposed to set a high standard. I haven't heard positive things about her character either. And strangely enough it's her facial animation that people had a hard time following or relating too. Did you think the same?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: characters..

Post by Brandon Neeld » November 7th, 2005, 2:45 pm

harkin wrote:Thanks Brandon, this is astonishing because Runt was supposed to be one of the characters thought to surely steal the show. Abbey was another character who's animation was supposed to set a high standard. I haven't heard positive things about her character either. And strangely enough it's her facial animation that people had a hard time following or relating too. Did you think the same?
It's funny you mentioned her because I almost put Abbey on the list. There was something about her facial animation that bugged me but I didn't say anything since I can't quite place my finger on what it is and thought maybe it was just me. To her credit though I found her character fairly enjoyable overall and really this is one movie in which I found the vast majority of characters to be appealing personalty and development wise. That sticks with me more than anything about the film and left me with a very positive feeling at the end. Speaking of facial animation though, was anyone else bothered by the way Chicken Little's glasses always seemed to be obtrusive in a scene - like they just didn't fit?

*random observation* When Buck Cluck (CL's dad) was driving round in his little car did anyone else feel like they were watching The Incredibles for a second???
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by harkin » November 7th, 2005, 3:02 pm

Brandon Neeld wrote:
*random observation* When Buck Cluck (CL's dad) was driving round in his little car did anyone else feel like they were watching The Incredibles for a second???
Yeah I can see how they might feel similar. That shot was finished well before The Incredibles was in theaters. That's quite a compliment to the animator.

I know what you mean about Abbey's face. I can't put my finger on it either. My hunch is that it's a design problem. There's a disconnect between the relationship of her eyes to her mouth. They don't feel united as an expression. Mostly while she's talking. The mouth never settles, except for when she holds one attitude for a particular shot. (a take) Than it's more clear. Not sure if I'm warm or cold on that one.
Last edited by harkin on November 7th, 2005, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 7th, 2005, 3:15 pm

harkin wrote:
Brandon Neeld wrote:
Yeah I can see how they might feel similar. That shot was finished well before The Incredibles was in theaters. That's quite a compliment to the animator.

I know what you mean about Abbey's face. I can't put my finger on it either. My hunch is that it's a design problem. There's a disconnect between the relationship of her eyes to her mouth. They don't feel united as an expression most of the time she's talking. The mouth never settles, expect for when she holds one attitude for a particular shot. (a take) Than it's more clear. Not sure if I'm warm or cold on that one.
maybe she's just ugly? :P just kidding. have not seen the film yet. It opens here in two weeks. So far it looks like Disney did a great job on the animation. Looks ahead of Dreamworks in my opinion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 7th, 2005, 3:38 pm

Fish out of Water was definitally my favorite. I think he's most people's favorite. He basically sealed his spot as the favorite at the beginning
when he did the robot dance thing
I liked Abby. And I thought her facial expressions were the best out of the characters in the movie, personally.

The alien kid thing was probably my least favorite, next to Runt. Although I didn't hate either of em. Runt kinda annoyed me the second he rolled down the hill and started burping. I can't STAND burp/fart jokes. argh.

It's hard for me to pick a LEAST favorite though. Because I liked all of them.

but yes. Fish out of Water and Abby were definitally my favorites.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by isaac15 » November 7th, 2005, 3:52 pm

BOXOFFICEPROPHETS.COM SAYS Chicken Little, the first Disney standalone CG product, grossed a not bad $40.1 million this weekend Chicken Little's opening is nowhere near same weekend grosses of Pixar's CG films, as last year's The Incredibles opened to $70.5 million and 2001's Monsters, Inc. debuted with $62.6 million.

it is so jeap. chicken little did good. i wish they d stop comparing it to Pixars movies. They never stop. i think everbody is just mad that disney new movie did good. and they made it by them self. without pixar help. it makes me so mad. :evil: :evil: :evil:

DISNEY RULES

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: chicken little reviews

Post by isaac15 » November 7th, 2005, 4:00 pm

:P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » November 7th, 2005, 4:30 pm

Ben wrote:Nope, Lion King still rules, with about $1.5b in inflated takings.
I don't know about worldwide, but here is the domestic list (adjusted for inflation). TLK comes in at number 24 with roughly $500m. Snow White is #11 at roughly$700m.

-Michael
Last edited by askmike1 on November 7th, 2005, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 7th, 2005, 4:34 pm

Mac! You've got an avatar! :o