AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2005, 4:01 pm

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 13th, 2005, 4:13 pm

Meg wrote:
bullwinkle wrote:what did you just say. can you spell more clearly. thanks.
LOL!
Eef, that was mean. Sorry.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 13th, 2005, 5:39 pm

"Son, in about five seconds I'm going to scream like a little girl." WHERE was this part?????? :shock: I looked for it when I watched the film and it never appeared!!!

Anyway, I thought the movie was great. Very sweet and some really great jokes. They just threw everything but the kitchen sink into this movie--some lame stuff, some mediocre stuff, some really funny stuff. What made the film work the most was the emotional core. Very well done indeed.

BTW I loved Abbey Mallard and Fish Out of Water. :wink:

I always thought Joan Cusack had a cool voice. Very good idea to put her in animation! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 13th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Fish out of Water stole EVERY scene he was in. I want my own.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » November 13th, 2005, 7:15 pm

It was cool but got stale after a while...
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2005, 10:45 am

ShyViolet wrote:"Son, in about five seconds I'm going to scream like a little girl." WHERE was this part?????? :shock: I looked for it when I watched the film and it never appeared!!!
Was this really not in the picture? Can anyone else confirm this?

Very interesting if not, as that reveals production was still tinkering well into the trailer process and that fully animated scenes have been discarded along the way.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » November 14th, 2005, 11:51 am

Yes - I can varify that scene was NOT in there (at least not that I saw). I can also say for certain that a couple of other scenes were cut out but I do not know what they were.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 14th, 2005, 1:27 pm

that quote was not in the movie (have seen it twice now)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2005, 1:49 pm

Hmmmm, then that means that Disney were really, really worried about this movie (which we pretty much knew) and werehaving doubts about the cut until the last minute.

These scenes were fully animated, shaded and rendered, and you know what that means!

No wonder it's come out so short, I'm guessing there could be anything from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes chopped from this Chicken. Will be very interesting to see what shows up on the DVD, but we should see some completed deleted scenes for a change.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 14th, 2005, 2:21 pm

that was a really funny line i wish they put it in.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 15th, 2005, 1:17 am

Ben wrote: These scenes were fully animated, shaded and rendered, and you know what that means!
They took a line of dialogue that wasn't even in the movie and dubbed it over a completely different scene that IS in the final movie.

It's the scene where CL tells his dad he wants to play baseball, and Buck freaks out and swerves.

You'll notice in the wide-shot of the trailer during the swerve, it's a truck that swerves, not the Cluckmobile. But by the magic of fast editing, you think it's a scene where Buck is reacting to the alien saucer.

They put a gag in that's for the trailer only.

Not dissimilar to the trailer with Mr. Incredible putting on his belt. Sometimes Disney makes things just for trailers. Not necessarily a sign that stuff was cut.

Ben, you're jumping to a few conclusions in a row there.

Scene not in final movie. Therefore
It was cut... therefore
late minute changes... therefore
studio nervousness....

Try out for the track meet next time.

Just saying.

Oh, and the DVD with all the extras WILL be awesome. Some amazing stuff there for all you folks who want to pour over the storied history of Chicken Little. Girl to boy, story changes, etc.

I also recommend the Chicken Little making of book. It's a good look at the process, kind of warts and all. Surprisingly candid for a Disney tome.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 15th, 2005, 1:49 am

ShyViolet wrote:
I always thought Joan Cusack had a cool voice. Very good idea to put her in animation! :)
Again!

(You haven't forgotten about Jessie, have you?)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2005, 9:53 am

Not having seen the movie (ugh, Feb 10 2006 for us in the UK...ugh), I couldn't have picked up on that.

Yeah, I was jumping to conclusions, but educated conclusions. It's very rare that fully animated scenes are cut from an animated movie.

In this case, it was a line of dialogue that was stripped across an alternate image. Happens all the time in trailers to get the audience thinking one thing about another, especially in animated trailers.

I doubt this was a "trailer exclusive gag", but merely a line that was cut before final editing. Often the trailer guys are working with temp lines and such, and in this case I am guessing that they switched a line.

The Pixar trailers ARE specially made teasers that are never intended for the movie.

I WAS going on the assumption that the line AND the images were missing, but from what you say the images are still in there, so nothing was cut other than a line of switched dialogue.

Case closed. Thanks for "Just saying". How do you know about the DVD extras, too?

Seems I might have rubbed a production member up the wrong way?? ;)