Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 20th, 2005, 3:51 pm

thats good.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 20th, 2005, 3:57 pm

I voted "Of course", since I've already seen the movie.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2005, 5:05 pm

bullwinkle/isaac, you seem a little...um...schizophrenic...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Chicken Little's 3rd Weekend B.O. Figures

Post by Sullivan » November 20th, 2005, 7:24 pm

askmike1 wrote:
The main reason it took a 53% drop this weekend was because of the beemoth that is otherwise known as Harry Potter (which made a record-breaking $101.4 million). Also keep in mind that similar films (like The Incredibles, Shrek 2 & Monsters Inc) also took 50% drops in their 3rd weekends.
Moderator Mickey sez CL took a staggering 71% drop over the weekend. He posted that on the front page.

Is he taking payola from Katzenberg?

Psst. Mickey. Don't compare just the Friday numbers, as last friday was a SCHOOL HOLIDAY!

:wink:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2005, 9:15 pm

I'm not a moron, Sullivan. I know that last Friday was a school holiday.

And you know what? I realize that this upcoming Friday is another school holiday. So when next Saturday, I post that Chicken Little's box office gross percentage rose, I expect some apologies from certain forum members who keep accusing me of being a "Disney hater".

Please don't shoot the messenger.

UPDATE: Okay, an e-mail has nicely shown me that my story makes it sound as though the 71% slip was for the full weekend, not just Friday. I didn't realize this. Hence, I have made some changes to the story.

And no, it wasn't your e-mail, Sullivan. It was another, less-sarcastic one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 20th, 2005, 10:08 pm

Thanks for fixing it.

Sorry if I came off as sarcastic. I attempted a light tone so as not to appear like a primadonna. I guess I failed.

I don't see anything other than a friendly note when I re-read my email to you. I'll try better next time.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2005, 10:53 pm

If you were just trying to be light-hearted, then I apologize. I really thought you were trying to be sarcastic, joining another forum member who did refer to me as a "Disney hater." I'm sorry about the misunderstanding.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Animated News - An Anti-Disney Site?

Post by harkin » November 21st, 2005, 2:09 pm

Interesting to me, how this site, being an "animation news" site, appears to be posting a rather negative pattern of information regarding Disney.

A glaringly obvious example of this is how Disney's Chicken Little has had two posts for it's third weekend box office results up against Harry Potter. And just a couple lame posts reporting box office success for it's first two weekends. What gives? Where are the posts for the Friday earnings of the first 2 weekends?

Its really interesting how <b>this weekend</b> gets the most attention.

Isn't this supposed to be an unbias place to get animation industry news? Or is a actually a place where die hard animation fans/site administrators get to express their opinions, be it indirectly and insidiously, through news postings?

If that's the case just call it a blog. :roll:

-Harkin
Last edited by harkin on November 21st, 2005, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 21st, 2005, 2:43 pm

Are you serious?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by harkin » November 21st, 2005, 3:07 pm

Right. I must be joking.

Gees Meg, just look where the effort is being made. No offense. I just don't think a "news" site should be
favoring this or that. They have a responsiblity to everyone who reads this site to post on events as they happen , and not wait for the news they want and then post it.
Last edited by harkin on November 21st, 2005, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 21st, 2005, 3:07 pm

Yeah, you must.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Animated News - An Anti-Disney Site?

Post by Wonderlicious » November 21st, 2005, 3:15 pm

harkin wrote:Isn't this supposed to be an unbias place to get animation industry news? Or is a actually a place where die hard animation fans/site administrators get to express their opinions, be it indirectly and insidiously, through news postings?

If that's the case just call it a blog. :roll:

-Harkin
If the opinions that you are talking about are on the forum, then I don't understand why you're slamming the site. The forum is essentially for discussing our opinions on animated news that appear on the main page, which is primarily the unbiased place to get animation industry news (as far as I'm aware, nearly all news is opinion-less.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Animated News - An Anti-Disney Site?

Post by harkin » November 21st, 2005, 3:27 pm

If the opinions that you are talking about are on the forum, then I don't understand why you're slamming the site. The forum is essentially for discussing our opinions on animated news that appear on the main page, which is primarily the unbiased place to get animation industry news (as far as I'm aware, nearly all news is opinion-less.
No not the forum. I think anyone has the right to say what they want here. Its the news postings on the main page (home page) that I think is unprofessional. And that is what I'm referring to. I should have clarified, thanks for pointing that out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 21st, 2005, 3:59 pm

I don't see what's so biased about the news article.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by harkin » November 21st, 2005, 4:19 pm

Meg wrote:I don't see what's so biased about the news article.
Okay, to be specific, I find the recent news post "Little suffers big drop in third weekend" (Reporting on Friday earnings), to be completely gratuitous. What's the need for a friday earnings post for a third weekend anyhow? Why wasn't there a Friday earnings post on Chicken Little's opening weekend?

I came to this site after Chicken's Little's opening weekend,...and nothing. Monday and Tuesday go by...nothing. I think that speaks volumes.

Maybe its not a big thing to anyone else, but I find it really juvenile and unfair to the readers. I don't have a problem going to boxofficemojo.com on my own, I've just come to expect that same information to be reported here at Animated-News.com. (especially after or during an opening weekend of a major animated film)

So what gives "Mickey, Ben, or James"? Can any of you explain this?

-harkin