Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
Lino

Post by Lino » January 12th, 2006, 9:40 am

I think the film had a great twist and some consistent humor but all the advertising built up your expectations a bit too high.

Pros: It’s a good start for Disney in CGI, although I would like to see traditional animation on the big screen once in a while. The film was clean, enjoyable although CL might not be what Disney was hoping for but it did help them out a bit and it’s over all a good film for the family to see together I'd say. I have to say I believe the music was pretty good 2 and I also have to say I was very tempted to by a Chicken Little doll.

Cons: Once you got into that theater you realize you just paid good money to see a movie reduced to a baseball game and an alien invasion interrupted by intervals of music upstaging some of what was going on. The whole thing felt five minutes long and really did not emphasize the "chicken little" story enough (you really had to listen to hear the characters being called turkey lurky, goosy Lucy etc), some of it was funny and chicken little is cute but with the advertisement sating it was hailed as one on the funniest, most exhilarating movies of the year, I personally thought it would have alot of graphic emphasized scenes ( like the 1/2 CGI "dinosaur") when it was, as it supposed to be, a cute cartoon that ironically function as a kooky traditional animated film with a few details.
Last edited by Lino on January 19th, 2006, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » January 12th, 2006, 6:09 pm

The intention was not to outdo Pixar. We'd have needed 3 times the budget just to even attempt that in looks alone.

The intention was to make a movie that family audiences would respond to, and do it in a way that lays the technical and artistic groundwork for the future of WDFA.

We succeded wildly on those goals.

This movie was a big big change in direction for WDFA. It reversed a downward box office trend for the last 3 movies. It represented a time when we had to change to a CG pipeline and discover what Disney animation looked like in 3D. It represents the talent and artistry of some of the best traditional animators in the world learning to work in the computer, and learning how to make computers make the most of their unique talents.

The next films look nothing like Chicken Little. They're very different films.

Chicken Little is a funny animal comedy, a cockeyed look at the old fable. A kind of Emperor's New Groove wacky comedy.

Meet the Robinsons is a sort of Back to the Future meets You Can't Take it With You. An adventure movie about an orphan's search for a place to belong.

American Dog is Chris Sanders' road trip comedy with deep themes about freedom and the American experience.

Great films coming up.

Sorry you didn't like CL Lino. But stay tooned! Different kinds of films coming up, hopefully one or more will be more to your liking.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 12th, 2006, 10:07 pm

Good points, Sullivan, but do you work for the Walt Disney Company or something?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Lino

Post by Lino » January 13th, 2006, 7:30 am

I have to agree with you there. The movies is good for kids and disney does look like they have some good productions ahead (although Im so dissapointed Fraidy Cat isn't being produced :( ). I still think that when Disney broke of pixar they were using CL to see whether they can stand on there own 2 feet, not really to be better but to see if they can make it. I personally loved dinosaur, it might have been 1/2 CGI but you gotta love Della reese as a triceratops. Lets hope disneys lets go of some of the commercial stuff (eg herbie, sky high) in the future.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 13th, 2006, 9:48 am

*cough* "Sky High" was great *cough*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » January 13th, 2006, 1:45 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:*cough* "Sky High" was great *cough*
Agrees! :D
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 13th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Sky High was okay...Nice funny family movie, but stuffed to the brim with cliché stuff.

Lino

Post by Lino » January 13th, 2006, 3:10 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by Lino on January 19th, 2006, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 13th, 2006, 4:00 pm

The intention was to make a movie that family audiences would respond to, and do it in a way that lays the technical and artistic groundwork for the future of WDFA.
Chicken Little had some funny stuff and was very, very cute. There was a definete sweetness to it, especially the stuff between CL and his dad. I'd say it's a great start for the new age of WDFA! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » January 13th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Lino wrote: I still think that when Disney broke of pixar they were using CL to see whether they can stand on there own 2 feet, not really to be better but to see if they can make it.
I don't know, but I expect it was the opposite:

"See if WDFA can still compete or if we should shut it down and just buy Pixar."

I really think we were fighting for our survival. Still do.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 13th, 2006, 10:20 pm

Sullivan, I think that you DO work for Disney. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » January 14th, 2006, 3:41 am

Me too.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 14th, 2006, 9:48 am

Really?

Cause if you do, that's pretty cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 14th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Yeah, that is sweet!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » January 15th, 2006, 1:59 am

Thanks.