Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by EricJ » October 1st, 2019, 3:52 pm

What's getting me suspicious, is that if it is an obvious fan-fakie rumor--"Disney+ wants to do a SW 'Chewie' spinoff series for streaming!"--okay: Just say, "Fan-fakie rumor", and leave it at that. We're used to them, by now. :lol:

But ever since that Disney Cap/Spidey "Okay, Ix-nay on the Itch-bay" rumor hit the fan ether, there's been such a bloodthirsty all-out campaign to personally DEMONIZE the rumor-starter as a vile, worthless, pathetic basement-dwelling troll-provocateur--with a goofy name, no less!--and with a past Internet criminal record on Reddit's dark-web, waging such an underground misogynistically-motivated vendetta against The One We Didn't Like, and leading a small, nasty, isolated group of followers trying to singlehandedly stand in the way of social progress, you'd think he personally was the Trump Whistleblower. (And boy, don't some of get that a lot. :wink: )
Sure seems like somebody--especially studio somebodies--are going into the red-zone, for reasons that would be very interesting for the rest of us to hear.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 1st, 2019, 8:29 pm

Wha...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 1st, 2019, 9:10 pm

Oh, sorry, thought you were jumping on the current bandwagon, eg. https://www.inverse.com/article/59497-c ... n-doomcock

Guess I must have just misinterpreted regular garden-variety "How DARE you say audiences hated Joan of Marvel!...It made money, and lotsa moola, too! You're just a nasty old misogynist who hates strong heroines that bring cosmic blasts to a fistfight!" :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 1st, 2019, 10:28 pm

I'm just glad that I don't visit some of the websites that Eric visits. Seems like they can be very dark places.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 2nd, 2019, 5:40 am

I don’t think it’s just the websites, Rand. Mostly, when he says "we" or "you", I think he just means "I". That "I" sure speaks for a lot of people, eh?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 5th, 2019, 12:53 pm

Behold, The Infinity Saga Collector's Edition:

Housing all 23 films of the Infinity Saga, the box set will be released on Blu-ray and 4K UHD November, 15th. Up for pre-order at the low price of... $549.99. :shock: (Well, when you do the math it makes sense, still!)

It's nice and all and kind of a cool idea to have the on-screen title cards serve as the films cover, but eh. Not feeling it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2019, 8:33 pm

So I just want a Phase 3 collection, please, in 4K flavor. I’m not buying the first half of movies over again! Plus it’s a Best Buy exclusive so nary a chance of me being able to order it. Just give me my Phase 3 set Feige!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 6th, 2019, 3:27 am

That actually looks quite nice, but I'm not tempted at all. I'm happy having the original releases for each film.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2019, 5:10 am

Weird design though...I don’t get what’s with the diagonal cut-off on the back of the box, as repeated on each disc sleeve. I mean, who’s going to literally store it like that? Surely you’d want to have it upright on a shelf, so either it’s top-heavy or you turn it around and have the weird cut-out showing...!?!??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2019, 11:28 am

Yeah, love how they "cut corners" for this... *rimshot* :P

I'm surprised they aren't including a novelty item. Like a prop or paperweight of the Infinity Gauntlet. A keychain even! Missed opportunity.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 6th, 2019, 3:07 pm

I guess it's meant for display, but I think they've overthunk it. I wonder if Universal's previous packaging designer is over at Disney now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2019, 4:02 pm

Check this out, Ben. Does that answer your wish? ;) (split in two, but you get the point!)

Now that is wicked! Makes the Best Buy one look so dreary...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2019, 7:37 pm

We’ve had those sets over here for a while now (Phase 3 Part 2 being the newest one, natch). But...nah...I (and not just me!) want the proper Phase 3 set as promised!

Had they come out like that originally then fine, I’d have gone that route, but now me wantses a third collection to match the first two, with some kind of Infinity whatsit to finish off the films in those snazzy wallet style sleeves with the Incredibles style silhouette artwork (and not just as a set of included artcards)!

But you’re right...considering these have been out a while, they make the Best Buy set look even more dreary and basic by comparison. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 1st, 2019, 4:56 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 3rd, 2019, 9:14 pm

gaastra wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 4:56 pm
Ant-man 3!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ct-1251732
I suspect Kevin thinks he's on a roll after the upcoming "Lady Thor" movie, and now he wants to use the third Ant-Man to transition to teen-daughter Cassie (from Endgame) as Stature.

Yes, ANOTHER new teen-girl ret-conning of an old-school Avenger, that print-Marvel started bringing in to kiss up to the Agent Carter-fangirl "Cap-shield T-shirt" audience. Only now, that's likely his new idea this week for Phase IV, because he still thinks we liked Captain Marvel.