Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by Bill1978 » May 5th, 2020, 7:46 am

POS??? All I've got is Piece of S**t and that's surely not it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2020, 9:20 am

You are correct, sir! I have spoken. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 5th, 2020, 10:26 am

And now the amazon digital pre order has been removed! Did Disney change their mind or did amazon mess up with the pre-order? Man new mutants can't catch a break on the big screen or digital!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2020, 10:45 am

Well Disney and Amazon don’t play nice, so I was kind of surprised to see them carry it anyway, or maybe they just jumped the gun?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 5th, 2020, 12:22 pm

Ben wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 9:20 am
You are correct, sir! I have spoken. ;)
Ever since "I have spoken" became binge-fan quotable on the Internet, it has been impossible for me NOT to hear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vebuIjqMA :lol:
Ben wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 10:45 am
Well Disney and Amazon don’t play nice, so I was kind of surprised to see them carry it anyway, or maybe they just jumped the gun?
They don't play nice about titles that aren't OFFICIALLY announced by the studio yet.
(A common problem with big disc-preorder rollouts.)

But don't worry, now that every studio is drinking the "Look how much the public loved Trolls:WT!" champagne, Disney will tell us when New Mutants is available in their own good time.
The "One-shot lucky publicity fluke" factor for other Digital Premieres hasn't sunk in yet.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 5th, 2020, 1:51 pm

I think Amazon just jumped the gun. I expect the link will be back up soon.

It has been reported that HBO will have an exclusive window to stream the film, due to their Fox deal. But other recent Fox films have gone to D+, haven't they?
https://mcucosmic.com/2020/04/03/the-ne ... or-disney/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 5th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Not the family-unfriendly ones, if TNM is still doubling-down on their "Horror movie" spin.

They might have played D+ if they'd stayed close to the comics, but noooo, Fox's then would-be Deadpool-verse can't USE the Mansion!
(Which became a clever fourth-wall gag in the first Deadpool, and an even funnier one in the second.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 21st, 2020, 8:04 pm

Sony's jackpot movie has a script writer!

https://deadline.com/2020/05/marc-gugge ... 202940719/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 14th, 2020, 7:38 pm

It's not only not dead we have photos of the shows filming!

Defenders member helstorm has his own show on hulu.

10 episodes in oct.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/first-loo ... -helstrom/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 15th, 2020, 8:52 pm

And it's been killed before one episode aired!

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2020/04/21 ... -canceled/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 15th, 2020, 11:25 pm

gaastra wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:52 pm
And it's been killed before one episode aired!
But that's okay, it's from the "not-really-MCU" Marvel Depressing TV/Streaming-verse...From the producers of a "Ghost Rider" series!
Why ELSE would it be going to Hulu?

Now, if they could just kill that (reportedly) goofy Disney+ "She-Hulk", or at least announce they've replaced the show's first looney-bird show-runner by the time the episodes air.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » July 16th, 2020, 9:27 am

I hope not. I love the fun she-hulk comics and can't wait for the new show.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 16th, 2020, 9:40 am

Why would anyone replace a showrunner before episodes air? Their work has largely been done by then and, if the show hits big, you’ve just thrown off the one person who likely made that happen...!!?!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 16th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Ben wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 9:40 am
Why would anyone replace a showrunner before episodes air? Their work has largely been done by then and, if the show hits big, you’ve just thrown off the one person who likely made that happen...!!?!
Fortunately, a quick check of the comic-fansite ether proves that she already HAS been replaced:
The reason, ICYA?: Dana Schwartz, the original showrunner, brought howls from fans, not only for having never written(/read) a Marvel comic in her life, but for a string of narcissistically and neurotically misandric male-bashing comments on Twitter that led fans to suspect they knew where the show was heading. Basically, start at Brenda Chapman, turn left at Linda Woolverton, and when you reach outer space, head out a few more million miles for Dana Schwartz. :shock:
As of last May, reports were that she was replaced by Jessica Gao, with experience on "Rick & Morty" and "The Mighty B's". Not that that makes me feel any easier, but whew.

(And yes, gaastra, Jennie's probably my top favorite character in Marvel, too, but that's because I read the comics, and don't go in with some wishfully agenda-symbolized idea of what "a female Hulk" would be before reading them.
I'm guessing Schwartz's version would have more closely resembled Stan Lee's flop 70's comic, with more than a touch of Agent Carter thrown in, and not the sassy legal-eagle wisecracker who threatened to rip up our X-Men comics.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 16th, 2020, 8:20 pm

Sounded like She-Hulk had wrapped shooting. It didn’t make sense to replace a showrunner during post, between shooting and episodes airing. But if they haven’t started yet - a quick check shows only the scripts have been prepared so far - then absolutely it makes sense to switch before any shooting, to give the show a chance to set itself right before it’s too late. I’m not following it that closely to be honest, because life currently has more important things to keep an eye on, but from the posts above it sounded like the series was done and prepping to air...