AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by gaastra » September 20th, 2020, 9:39 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 21st, 2020, 2:50 am

Like there's not ENOUGH passive-aggressive low-hanging generational-shame sitcom "parodies" on streaming today that wallow in feminist June Cleaver jokes without ever having seen an actual vintage sitcom in their lives.

(Now they have to do double-duty trying to get MCU Phase IV started as well, so that Dr. Strange can bring in the Multiverse, and MCU can throw previous movie canon in the trash...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » September 21st, 2020, 3:26 am

It seems nice but I don't really have time to invest in TV shows so I probably won't watch it. I don't even watch The Mandalorian.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 21st, 2020, 4:21 am

Well Mandalorian isn’t a big loss, but this looks intriguing enough, even though it’s already fairly obvious that Wanda and Vision are living in some kind of Matrix-constructed world that Tony Stark probably created as a failsafe so that Vision would have some kind of happy ever after if things went south for him. Looks like this isn’t as robust as Tony would like, but have no fear...Vision will overcome the hack and somehow find his way back to real Wanda in a new physical form so that he can join Phase 4 down the line. At least, that’s my guess from this trailer for now...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 21st, 2020, 5:41 am

No, this was (before the Virus screwed with studio-production schedules) supposed to come out in tandem with "Dr. Strange 2: Multiverse of Madness", and help establish, er...one of MCU's last-ditch Phase IV ideas, alternate universes.
Y'know, like the kind in "Terminator: Genisys" and the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies, that let them shout "Alternate timeline!", throw the previous movies away, start over with new casts, and make up whatever crap comes to mind, since this isn't our reality, you see.

(Think the "What If?" series was also supposed to come in around this point, so they could bring in the Watcher to explain all this, but right now, they're just winging it.
We already have the "Marvel's 616" series to explain what the number means in the comic canon.)

That's the studio idea, anyway:
Meanwhile, the clever passive-hostile 20th-cty. shaming idea is that W&V find themselves in a different alternate-universe decade, and as socially-outdated housewife & hubby, per episode--The 50's June Cleaver+Samantha universe (yeah, I know, but they want "magic and laughtrack" to go with Wanda's powers), the 60's Laura Petrie universe where Vision trips over the footstool, the 70's Carol Brady universe where everybody wears polyester, and the 80's Who's The Boss/Family Ties/Aw-heck-everybody-knows-they-were-all-Full-House-anyway universe...Yuk, yuk! It's so postmodern!
(Gals, you pick on Laura Petrie, you better darn well smile. And if you don't know why, then I'm certainly not going to tell you.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 23rd, 2020, 3:49 pm

Looks weird, but the good kind of weird. Delightful even. Brilliant use of The Platters "Twilight Time". Wow. I'll probably have Disney+ by then, so will likely check it out. I'm intrigued.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2020, 8:41 pm

Aaaaand...Black Widow is now coming a year later, in May 2021.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » September 26th, 2020, 9:49 am

Nick fury coming to disney plus in his own series?

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/ ... cu-tv-show

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 26th, 2020, 5:06 pm

The only surprise is that it took them this long!

And, as much as I do love the MCU, are we just getting to the point where Disney+ may as well just be called "Marvel/Star Wars+ (with a bit of lip service to Disney history for the sad nut fans)"...? Or is that a better title for the Disney Company as a whole...? :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2020, 3:40 pm

Not to mention Nat Geo. Feels like every week there's at least one new title added.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » September 30th, 2020, 9:22 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 1st, 2020, 3:52 pm

She looks the part.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 1st, 2020, 5:55 pm

Ya got here before me!

I think Doctor Strange is going to have a LOT to answer for. Seems the Spideyverse is going to get a lot more complicated soon...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 1st, 2020, 8:43 pm

Dacey wrote:
October 1st, 2020, 4:18 pm
....what?
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... -exclusive
He's an okay voice, even if the Webb/Garfield movie was way too gay (no, really--They weren't kidding about those "Should Peter come Out in TASM3?" rumors Andrew Garfield was vanity playing around with), and Foxx's Electro was reduced to an "It's not my FAULT!" you-know-what metaphor straight out of a Joel Schumacher Batman movie.
(In fact, I'd almost forgotten about Foxx's camp-cliche' Electro until we got Kirsten Wiig's nerd-to-villain Cheetah in Wonder Woman '84...I have warned ye. :shock: )

There's still a bit more Unclaimed Alternate Spidey that MCU doesn't own, so we'll be seeing a bit more in Sony's one big hit franchise. Although supposedly, they're down to even including that 70's Japanese Power-Ranger Spidey.