AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by gaastra » March 13th, 2022, 5:39 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 15th, 2022, 10:46 am

Hate they changed her powers. So she is quasar now? Ugh. Wanted to see a live action version of her comic powers and feel robbed now. Looks ok otherwise.

Many of the comments on the video are attacking marvel for changing her powers so this is not something people are not happy with!

They wanted to make quasar then make quasar. It's like making a flash show and giving him aquamans powers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 15th, 2022, 12:51 pm

Looks fun and I like the tone. Felt like a live-action comic book. Love that. Looks like they're using Nega-bands, maybe a callback to OG Captain Marvel. I'm assuming the power change is to make it visually distinct from Mr. Fantastic and connect her to Captain Marvel and Photon. I'm optimistic.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 15th, 2022, 1:13 pm

Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, The Marvels, Marvel Studios…heck I’m a fan and even I’m struggling. No wonder they got the powers mixed up! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 15th, 2022, 3:38 pm

And she doesn't really even look like Mary Marvel....

;)

But seriously, getting the powers right, along with a recognizable costume, is pretty much Adaptation 101. Disappointment in the choice to change things is understandable.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 15th, 2022, 6:00 pm

Daniel wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 12:51 pm
I'm assuming the power change is to make it visually distinct from Mr. Fantastic and connect her to Captain Marvel and Photon. I'm optimistic.
We do get a don't-blink look at an Embiggened fist (or power-projection) at 1:26, and the usual 21st-cty. trailer style is nudging us heavily in the ribs with "The power is in her hands, get it, get it, eh, know what we mean, nudge-nudge?" so I'm guessing they haven't completely turned Kamala into the Disney+ Version of Brie Larson.

Still, given that "The Marvels" is the attempt to upgrade M. Rambeau (Monica or Maria, I've lost track which one) into the 80's Ms. Marvel Photon, and introduce Kamala as The New Ms., I'm going with "Sequel-movie tie-in".
When the series isn't stylistically being a live-action Turning Red, though. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 17th, 2022, 10:57 am

Euphoria’s Sydney Sweeney joins madame web.

https://deadline.com/2022/03/euphorias- ... 234980232/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 17th, 2022, 3:21 pm

At the moment, I'm still binging my way through Fox's 90's Saturday-morning Spiderman cartoon on Disney+ (why didn't someone tell me back then it was their X-Men followup?), and, not coincidentally, that one ALSO seems to go directly from the Morbius arc to trying to introduce Madame Web into the Dr. Strange crossover-verse.

Hmm. Like the 90's X-Men:TAS teaching Bryan Singer everything he knew about the franchise, I have the feeling whoever's in charge of the Sony Spider-verse is also doing some last-minute cartoon-watching for inspiration, and coming up with studio rationales ("She's a unique female character in the comics, who alters everyone's destiny herself!") afterwards.
Let's see, if I'm ahead of Sony in the episodes by now, we should be hearing that Tombstone project any minute...Betting pools open.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 6th, 2022, 4:05 pm

New poster and spot for Multiverse of Madness:

Wanda's one tear after saying "Nightmare", perfect. Billy and Tommy! Love the use of "Dream", sounds so creepy and reminds me how "Draydream Believer" was used in "WandaVision".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 6th, 2022, 7:32 pm

Creepy is right!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 18th, 2022, 10:44 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 18th, 2022, 11:55 am

Thorgeous teaser! That shot of young Thor wearing the old school comic costume is so cool. "Guns N' Roses"! Loved the part where he slides into frame as Star-Lord is talking. :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 18th, 2022, 12:42 pm

Thorgasm.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 18th, 2022, 12:48 pm

I believe this is the Thorth (thorf?) film in the franchise?