Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by gaastra » July 24th, 2014, 8:10 am

Could not find a topic for this. Poster art released for avengers 2.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Avengers 2 Age of Ultron

Post by Dan » October 22nd, 2014, 11:36 pm

Thanks to Hydra :wink: , the teaser trailer got released six days early.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 23rd, 2014, 3:59 am

Well, between this and Maleficent, it's been a good year for Creepy Disney Songs in trailers... :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 23rd, 2014, 5:23 am

Was that meant to get me excited? Cause at the moment I just feel eh.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 23rd, 2014, 8:47 am

Marvel is like Pixar. As soon as they have a bad movie, then I'll worry about 'meh' trailers!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 23rd, 2014, 10:44 pm

EricJ wrote:Well, between this and Maleficent, it's been a good year for Creepy Disney Songs in trailers... :wink:
This was the better of the two, though. Just such a unique take on the song that you don't even realize what you're hearing until you watch the trailer a second time. Plus, I love the way Ultron's voice is "in sync" with the final lyrics of the number. Even though I'm sure it's not used in the film (is this version new?), it made the GREAT footage shown in the preview even more exciting and chilling than it already was!

But we must ask the burning question: Is there a scene where Ultron sits down and watches Pinocchio during the movie? ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 24th, 2014, 10:32 am

Well since Stark creates Ultron it's being suggested that Jarvis is somehow involved and so might well have Pinocchio in his archives...

That took you a second viewing to get though? I was like all over it halfway through the first line, but am intrigued as to how it will be used in the film, if at all. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 24th, 2014, 12:50 pm

Ben wrote:Well since Stark creates Ultron it's being suggested that Jarvis is somehow involved and so might well have Pinocchio in his archives...
In fact, accdg. to IMDB,
the Vision has Jarvis's voice...Hmm.
:?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » October 25th, 2014, 9:48 am

Dacey wrote: But we must ask the burning question: Is there a scene where Ultron sits down and watches Pinocchio during the movie? ;)
Actually, as part of being owned by Disney, Marvel insisted Joss Whedon made sure part of Ultrons personality was that he is a major Disney animation fan. In fact, his real reason for taking over the world is that he's angry Disney put out Atlantis on Blu-Ray before Aladdin. Which, to me at least, sounds like a reasonable reason for taking over the world...
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 25th, 2014, 12:55 pm

Ultron should just eliminate the idiots currently running (ruining) Disney Home Vid!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 25th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Ben wrote:That took you a second viewing to get though? I was like all over it halfway through the first line, but am intrigued as to how it will be used in the film, if at all. :)
I was so into the footage that I didn't pay full attention to the song. ;) But I did spot the Pinocchio connection through Ultron's final line, of course.

And I'm guessing this must've at least been written for the film (or the trailer), since I can't find this version of the song elsewhere (or even find an artist's name attached to it).
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » October 26th, 2014, 1:55 pm

To EricJ....
Yeah, Paul Bettany, whose played JARVIS in all the MCU movies, is playing The Vision. And Joss Whedon confirmed that his two characters are connected in some way. Can't wait to see how that turns out...
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 26th, 2014, 5:04 pm

In the comics,
Ultron created the Vision to do his reconnaissance and dirty-work, but the character later developed his own sentience, became curious about humans, and joined the good guys.
Given the Stark origin this time, think we can guess what Ultron created him out of.
(Actually, the Vision was an old Golden-Age 30's character Marvel had inherited, but, like Cap and the Human Torch, managed to update for the modern comics.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » March 29th, 2015, 12:07 am

This is only about a month away, and I'm looking forward to it. This and Tomorrowland are probably my most-anticipated summer movies (although, yes, they technically both come out before summer).

With the recent news that the Russo brothers (Captain America: The Winter Soldier) will be directing the two Avengers: Infinity War movies, I'm comfortable that (barring any Edgar Wright-esque snafus) the series is in safe hands.

One intriguing aspect about Age of Ultron is the music. Brian Tyler, who did the loud yet supremely entertaining scores for Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World (as well as the Marvel logo music), has been slated to score this film. But the one-sheet reveals that Danny Elfman is doing additional music (incorporating Alan Silvestri's theme from the first Avengers, according to a Soundcloud interview). Elfman mustn't come cheap, and he's not even the primary composer, so I'm curious to know what his contributions are.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 29th, 2015, 6:41 am

From insiders, I understand that there was a rush on this and there was disappointment that Tyler hadn't used more of Silvestri's themes to tie things together. Silvestri (either then unavailable or peeved he had been passed over for the sequel) wasn't able to come and fill some gaps in, hence why they gave Elfman a bunch of cash to inject some Silvestri moments into the score.

He's naturally done his own stuff around this, but it's another case of a score being a mix of composers, which seems to becoming a bit of "a thing" thesedays. I think it comes from using temp scores and then the director wanting, basically, to stick with the temp feel rather than what the composer then comes up with.

That said, I LOVED the Iron Man Three score and have been more impressed with Tyler's stuff than not. I just wonder why Silvestri wasn't on board from the outset...?