Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Ben » December 29th, 2022, 8:18 pm

I hope it doesn’t just focus on the MCU aspects.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 1st, 2023, 3:43 pm

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever streaming February 1!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 9th, 2023, 10:25 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » January 10th, 2023, 1:51 am

Truthfully, I don't know what is going on in that trailer from a story point of view but I'm here for it. And I think because this feels like a culmination of the Ant-Man story. We've been slowly building to something epic with Ant-Man. And like all good trilogies it's the third one that is massive. Most of the individual series in the MCU has every movie being bigger and more high stake than the previous one. But Ant-Man just plodded along enjoying itself with every outing and I feel this trailer is showing that, with all we learnt in the last two movies, the stakes will be genuinely high for these characters. Even if the world they are trying to save is something more advanced than floating tardigrades. I just hope it keeps the humour of the previous Ant-Man movies.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 10th, 2023, 3:45 am

I must admit I do "smirk" when Marvel suggest any of their films work as a trilogy, when really this is just MCU 31. I mean, try actually watching *just* the three Iron Man films, or Captain America, or indeed Ant-Man, and they just don’t work, what with the added plot information delivered in the overarching other films. The whole concept of a "trilogy" is essentially a longer story's three acts expanded over three separate parts (each themselves with a three-act structure) but that still make up a cohesive whole. But right back from Iron Man 2, the Marvel films staked themselves as an ongoing cinematic saga where the notion of trilogies exist only so far as that there are occasionally three films that share a characters name in them.

As for Ant-Man, I like the nuttiness of the character and will definitely catch this one. Since The Infinity Saga finished with Far From Home, I realise I’ve only actually seen No Way Home — which totally works as a kind of coda to the whole thing anyway — out of the following films released. Well, that and Multiverse Of Madness, which I’ve just tried to forget, but I don’t feel I’m missing anything. Since the new Ant-Man will be a continuation of his story already set up in the previous MCU, I’ll see the new one when it comes to D+.

I guess I should go back to Black Widow and see those films too, but it all just feels a bit too much fragmented and, to be honest, a bit of a chore. The lacklustre filler TV shows didn’t help: sure, we all got excited by WandaVision because ot was new and shiny, but now take memory is mostly just that it had fun with old sitcom tropes; it wasn’t actually that *great*. Falcon pretty much ended up right where it started, and Loki is the one whose ultimately *really boring* six hours or whatever it was is, I suppose, what’s actually burned me out for a while.

I mean, using the Spidey references to the original Sony movies was kind of a neat gimmick, but now Deadpool is actually crossing the line between the non-MCU and MCU films, as well as the blurring that occurred in Multiverse, and it all kind of gets a bit too unwieldy, inconsistent and bent out of shape. Although the "trilogy within a saga" thing never really worked, at least there was a cohesiveness, but now it just feels scattershot and an "all and everything" approach that doesn’t have the firm grip that the first three "phases" had. Too much of a good thing, and all that… :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 14th, 2023, 6:02 pm

Strange academy the series! Yes please! Comics are great. Harry potter with dr strange! Wong will fill in for strange in the show of course if true.

https://comicbookmovie.com/doctor-stran ... #gs.n70s6x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 16th, 2023, 3:50 pm

I'm always up for more Wong.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2023, 7:49 pm

Can’t go Wong with that! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 16th, 2023, 7:54 pm

I'm a little sad that this will apparently never actually happen, though. :lol:
Marvel_MadisynnWongers.jpg
Marvel_MadisynnWongers.jpg (94.91 KiB) Viewed 5588 times

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2023, 8:16 pm

That would be insane! :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 16th, 2023, 11:22 pm

Oh, but it so needs to happen!! Maybe a Marvel Special Presentation! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 17th, 2023, 4:21 pm

The Marvels release date has been changed to November 10. Teaser poster:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 17th, 2023, 8:58 pm

Good, gives me a bit more time to catch up on Ms Marvel… :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » February 23rd, 2023, 8:01 pm

Rogers the musical from hawkeye is now real!

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-avenge ... tid=ykz3hl

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 24th, 2023, 6:38 am

It’s a Marvical!