Dacey wrote:
April 18th, 2022, 12:42 pm
Thorgasm.
Asgardians of the Galaxy

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by Randall » April 18th, 2022, 8:05 pm

Geez, cut it out. All these puns are kind of a Thor point for me.

And, for those that don't know, the Asgardians of the Galaxy are actually a real thing in the comics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asgardians_of_the_Galaxy

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 18th, 2022, 8:23 pm

I Thor what you did there…

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 18th, 2022, 9:00 pm

Too many low-brow and obvious puns here. I prefer my wordplay to be more subtle and low-key.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 18th, 2022, 10:27 pm

Marvel creates a scripted podcast starring--Squirrel Girl! Podcast will have a running storyline and iron man and spider-man are confirmed to show up. Milana Vayntrub is voicing her.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-squirrel-gir ... -siriusxm/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 19th, 2022, 4:42 am

James wrote:
April 18th, 2022, 9:00 pm
Too many low-brow and obvious puns here. I prefer my wordplay to be more subtle and low-key.
Oh, I don’t know. That one really hammered it home.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » April 19th, 2022, 5:33 pm

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet not impressed with the Thor teaser. But I'm not discounting the movie, the majority of Marvel teasers leave me underwhelmed and cold. I totally understand why they chose the comic route for the teaser as it was what made Thor 3 so enjoyable, but I think they went a little too far and the teaser comes across as some sort of parody of the whole Marvel thing, but based on what Doctor Strange 2 is shaping up to be, maybe that's what we will need a good dumb comedy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 20th, 2022, 1:56 am

We not only have Thor meeting Star-Lord, we have Taika Waititi facing off against James Gunn for who can do the goofiest laid-back fratboy pop-referencing MCU movie.
And it's going to be a tough one: Yes, James, even having Star-Lord pop-ref "Cheers" in Guardians Vol. 2 might still be no match for Taika combining a vintage-Disneyland joke WITH a Willy Wonka reference in Thor: Ragnarok...Hold each other's beers.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2022, 2:51 am

EricJ wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 1:56 am
We not only have Thor meeting Star-Lord
(again) :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 22nd, 2022, 12:28 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 22nd, 2022, 1:42 am

It's great that it was remastered for HD release, but I'm pretty disappointed that they kept with the same generic cover their DVD had. Obviously there must be complicated legal issues, but it's so odd. They can put out the movie, with the trademarked name, but not put a recognizable image of the title character on the front cover? Nevertheless, I did order this right away, as it's bound to sell out of its 1500 copy run (only available from the Shout! Factory shop).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 22nd, 2022, 3:01 am

If we could SEE it was the 70's TV-movie, would we buy it?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 22nd, 2022, 6:47 am

All to do with likenesses, character trademarks and licensing, guys. And, yes, there are different "levels" and deals for whats *in* an actual film and how it will be shown, and how that product will be promoted, which would have basically been TV guide magazines back then. And now we have the added complications of changed ownership and studios not wishing to step on each others' toes — also why there is no mention of the word "Marvel" on the sleeve, let alone the actual logo — and it’s clear that the now Disney-owned studio might want to distance itself from some of its earlier endeavors.

But, yeah, at least they allowed a release (which they would have had to sign off on), albeit currently a small run store exclusive with an obscure cover so as to not sell it as "the Marvel movie" — although one could argue they’d be better off actually *showing* that it wasn’t Cumberbatch on the front!? But, then again, promo contracts probably prohibit this, and it’s just easier for Universal to issue nondescript (though possibly more confusing!) artwork for Shout! to use.

Me? I’m good with my DVD that Rand sent me a few years back (thanks! Guess I should try and watch it now?) — but I’m more intrigued by the hit that the Spider-Hammond series might be coming…! Do let me know if you hear more, that would be a Day Zero for me and take me right back to 1978 Wednesday nights and funky music and dodgy bluescreen effects! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » April 25th, 2022, 10:43 pm

EL MUERTO Marvel Movie Confirmed by sony. Really.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/bad-bunny- ... 235009269/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 26th, 2022, 12:21 am

Oh, they just need to stop it already.