Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by gaastra » October 1st, 2021, 8:55 am

They gave bob a million chances before there even was a lawsuit and he was to busy to even care and never took her phone calls.

Bob has no one to blame but himself for this. Even the head of the cca pulled him over to try to settle this and bob brushed him away to get a big mac.
Poor girl initially made “only” $20 million, after all
$20m or $4 a contract is a contract. Bob broke it. He was given tons of times to settle it and didn't.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 1st, 2021, 10:39 am

Absolutely no surprise it has been resolved this way: all ScarJo wanted was a piece of the D+ pie, and now she has it. Problem solved, moving on, as Hollywood always does when there is more money to be made, such as with Tower Of Terror, which will become a new franchise for both her and the studio. As always, it's nothing personal, it’s only business.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » October 1st, 2021, 8:52 pm

I'm going to pretend that it was my refusal to pay for the Premier Access and holding out for the DVD (since cinema was not an option for me) so ScarJo could get some of my money that made Disney see sense. Haha.

In other MCU news, I've just learned that it seems I'm going to have to watch the Venoms movie now thanks to the new movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 2nd, 2021, 5:26 am

How come? I wouldn’t wish the first Venom movie on anyone!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 2nd, 2021, 11:24 am

Because, thanks to time saving fan spoilers on YouTube, we see in the second movie’s post-credits that
Eddie stumbles through a Multiverse ands up right smack into the middle of the cliffhanger end scene of Spider-Man: Far From Home, which means that Venom is now officially part of Sony’s MCU Spider-canon.
Sux to be Morbius, though, unless they try the same thing for him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 2nd, 2021, 12:10 pm

I did *hint* at it in the Spidey thread. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 2nd, 2021, 3:37 pm

I did kind of ask that question knowing that Holland's Spidey was almost going to be in Venom 2…

Yes, the Sonyverse is now an addendum to the MCU.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 7th, 2021, 1:54 pm

"WandaVision" spinoff in the works! What a delightful surprise. Not what I was hoping for, but Kathryn Hahn is amazing and I loved her character. Sounds fun. I'm all for more character development. Thinking it will probably be a prequel and be similar to Wanda with the moving through eras.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 4th, 2021, 12:40 am

Gotta admit: Hawkeye was a thoroughly 'meh' character in all the Avengers movies (IMO) .. but the Hawkeye Disney+ series has been extremely enjoyable, thus far .. and Jeremy Renner's performance is a huge part of that. :o

This week's episode (3) features the most engaging and memorable car chase I've seen in some time -- peppered with several genuine 'LOL' moments! :lol:

Christophe Beck's score for the show is fun, too. I hope it gets issued as a perennial 'Christmas' album. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 4th, 2021, 8:50 am

I thought the first episode was terrific for giving us "real" characters in extreme circumstances. As the series advances, naturally it gets more comic book-y, but the chemistry between Kate and Clint is still great, the quips are funny, and the action surprisingly strong. WandaVision remains the standout of the D+ MCU shows, while Hawkeye is pretty standard MCU fare; but like most MCU offerings, it's well-cast and highly enjoyable.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2021, 11:52 am

Is this Spider-Man meets Superman, or the other way around!?

Who knows, but last night's Graham Norton Show was a very fun superhero mashup!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x861rxy

Also cool to see Cavill in Reeve's Supersuit at around the 15-16 minute mark. I’d not seen that before. He’s right in his comment, but just goes to show how well Reeve managed to fill it out and pull off the look so well!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 4th, 2021, 8:21 pm

Teaser.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 4th, 2021, 9:23 pm

It's a good time to be a Spider-Man fan.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2021, 9:45 pm

Ooh…Part One. Looks like this’ll end up being a trilogy then. Wonder if this will be a mid or post credit scene on the end of No Way Home…?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » December 5th, 2021, 2:13 am

It definitely gives the vibe of occurring at some point in the No Way Home credits with the opening words of 'In another another universe'.

And look I'll be upfront and say the sneak peak did nothing for me. But then I had the same response to the Into The Spiderverse sneak peak and I ended up enjoying that movie a lot.