AV Forum Member

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by gaastra » May 9th, 2022, 6:43 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm

Poster and trailer for She-Hulk:

Frog-Man! CGI is bit rough, will probably be touched up. Looks fun. Single Female Lawyer... ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 18th, 2022, 9:13 pm

Looks fun.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 19th, 2022, 12:20 am

I'm totally into She-Hulk. Looking forward to it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 19th, 2022, 12:30 am

Beyond the Harvey Birdman knockoff (or a hopeful knockoff of that "DC super-insurance company" comedy Warner wanted to do at one point), it looks like it's trying to be a female-sitcom version of the first Stan Lee comic, and...Jenny's taste for fourth-wall has already made enough jokes about that comic on her own for me to add any here.

Basically, if you're a Marvel fan who's actually read the comics, and came looking for the She-Hulk who was the unsung heroine of Civil Wars II, um, this ain't that show. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » May 19th, 2022, 1:01 am

Like all the Marvel series, this trailer had some chuckles but also left me feeling a tad cold towards the project. BUT I know that I will tune in and be hooked, maybe find Episode 4 are a bit boring/confusing/wandering, and then wait for the final episode to decide if I truly enjoyed the series or not all while sitting through the end credits wondering if something cool will appear.

It does look like this one is going to be comedic in nature which I'm fine with.

I am a bit confused about Bruce The Hulk - is it Professor Hulk???. Only because of the mid-credit scene of Shang-Chi. I'm just gonna assume that this series occurs before that scene and the series will be explaining why Bruce appeared in the mid-credits and not Professor Hulk
Last edited by Bill1978 on May 19th, 2022, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 19th, 2022, 2:28 am

I'm thinking the show takes place during the blip.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 19th, 2022, 6:01 am

Ooh, interesting thought…!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 23rd, 2022, 10:42 am

She-hulk poster is a take on a she-hulk comic cover.

Also--

https://comicbookmovie.com/black_panthe ... er-a193905

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » May 23rd, 2022, 10:13 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 24th, 2022, 12:04 am

Looks insane. Gorr's appearance is alright. Ending was pretty ballsy. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 24th, 2022, 5:43 am

Looks like I’m going to be as underwhelmed with this as I was with Ragnarok. :(

Wow…Natalie Portman does *not* look right with long blonde hair! And is it me, or does introducing another character in the same kind of garb really start to highlight the kind of naff, plasticky nature of the costumes…? I mean, Thor has never really been bestowed the greatest of the Marvel costumes, but the bright colors really make them look like cosplay…!

I am liking Russell Crowe's weird choice of accent though…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 24th, 2022, 6:05 am

I enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok well enough .. and this looks just as fun, so far!

It sadly lacks Beta Ray Bill, though. I do hope to see a 'Thor/BRB' pairing in the MCU, someday .. heck, even if they just make it a What If? episode.

BRB is a favorite character of mine from Walter Simonson's 1980s run of Thor comics .. but the 1990s Silver Surfer cartoon that I'd worked on also featured him, a bit! 8)

BTW, Stormbreaker (the 'axe-like' hammer that Thor helped to forge in Avengers: Infinity War, and which he currently wields) is canonically BRB's hammer, in the comics.

.. and I do agree that the brightly-colored armor in the YouTube trailer thumbnail looks a bit 'cosplay-y' .. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » May 24th, 2022, 4:22 pm

I'm imagining the marketing department is playing up the humour angle so much because that's what the fans enjoyed with Ragnarok. If they aren't then , Colin Farrell's character is going to be so out of place tone wise with everything else shown. I think the Ragnarok trailers did a good job of balancing humour and seriousness but the promotion for Love and Thunder is so lopesided with its tone I'm not sure I really want to check it out. Even if it does look enjoyable. This trailer is better than the teaser but out of all the MCU stuff so far, this one is the one that looks the most cartoony.

I am glad that it appears that Jane is still the Jane from the previous movies and not a Multiverse Jane though. And it also appears that the GotG won't really be in the movie - I imagine they'll be at the beginning as cameos despite what the teaser wanted us to believe about their appearance.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 24th, 2022, 5:23 pm

I know "Lady Thor" is now the permanent replacement in the print comics, and MCU still wants their "A-Force" Phase IV, but I never knew the whole print backstory of how Jane got the hammer. (Off to Wikipedia, like all us other adult cheaters who stopped reading the prints in the 90's.)

Not sure if it's just the cutting for trailers, but seems like Taika just skipped over the backstory, had Jane show up, and "Oh, you've got the hammer now!" jokes for quick rom-com about male ego and career relationships.
Y'know, I'm not sure, but I get the IMPRESSION Taika isn't taking the job too seriously... :?