Pocahontas

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Pocahontas

Post by Daniel » February 1st, 2021, 3:14 pm

So sad. Although there's no excuse, Irene was verbally and physically abused by her ex-husband for over 15 years. Hope she gets the help she needs.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 1st, 2021, 3:56 pm

Me too. That’s really terrible. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 18th, 2024, 3:58 am

Do you prefer to watch the complete version on DVD or the the theatrical movie on Blu-ray? Why?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » January 18th, 2024, 5:58 am

I like watching the complete version. If I Never Knew You is an incredible song and adds extra death to the romance and the lead up to the finale - you would think by the 4th movie Katzenberg would trust Menken and ignore the test results. For someone who wanted an Oscar worthy adult film, it seemed like a stupid idea to remove a song because kids started fidgeting. I know at the time Menken agreed with the cutting but I', pretty sure I've read something somewhere that he acknowledges it was wrong to cut the song. Plus, I love the little reprise that occurs at the end of the movie which makes it even more emotional.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 18th, 2024, 6:26 am

I agree. I never bought the Blu-ray because of that, but now I'm considering to do that for the improved quality. So you think I shouldn't?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » January 18th, 2024, 6:51 am

If you want the BluRay for the quality I say buy it. Can never have too many copies of a movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 18th, 2024, 4:41 pm

We ran The Muppet Christmas Carol with the extra song from the uncut LaserDisc (before the whole thing was available on D+), and the extended Bedknobs And Broomsticks from the DVD a few weeks back, and I would absolutely think I’d do the same for Pocahontas (just what is a hontas, anyway!?) since all these films are better and work much more emotionally as intended with their central sings and later reprises. :)