Chronicles of Narnia

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by isaac15 » December 13th, 2005, 7:12 pm

what is better Narnia our lord of the rings.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » December 14th, 2005, 8:18 am

isaac15 wrote:what is better Narnia our lord of the rings.
Lord of the Rings is bigger, more epic. Narnia is more... intimate. The land of Narnia seems like a smaller place than Middle Earth, but I got that from reading the books as well as from the movies. I loved Narnia but if you go expecting to see another Lord of the Rings you might be disappointed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 14th, 2005, 11:11 am

See now, i thought Narnia was BETTER than lord of the rings. Infact, LotR got boring during A LOT of parts in the movie (and 3 hours long. jesus christ).

Narnia kept my attention the entire 2 something hours. I liked it alot more.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 15th, 2005, 2:57 pm

LOTR boring?

To each his own.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 15th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Yeah...I loved LotR. Can't wait for Narnia!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » December 16th, 2005, 10:16 am

Cool! Didn't know these videos were online - a nice pair of behind the scenes clips thanks to Disney's Movie Brats...I mean Surfers

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Narnia Soundtrack Webites

Post by JustinWilliams » December 16th, 2005, 11:00 am

The wonderful Limited Edition CD is now online for you to sample! I might glibly add that mine arrived two days ago and you can listen to & learn about the regal soundtrack here. I really do recommend the Limited Edition for the added DVD! Sadly the early plans for it to be an EXTENDED CD score were cut last minute :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 16th, 2005, 1:42 pm

They should've made that 2-disc edition a DVD-A release, or maybe a DualDisc release (with DVD-A compatible content)! Wishful thinking, I know!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » December 17th, 2005, 4:31 am

Some screenshots from the DVD Feature on the Soundtrack (c) Disney

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 18th, 2005, 8:18 pm

Oookay - just got back from Narnia, and -

WOW!

Amazing! I wasn't expecting for it to be SO GOOD. I mean, there were so many scenes that literally gave me goosebumps. And Aslan looked so real!

Can't wait for Caspian!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Early Narnia DVD News.

Post by Wonderlicious » December 24th, 2005, 10:22 am

Froum Ultimatedisney.com:
With a U.S. gross of over $130 million in just two weeks, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe has already become Disney's highest-earning film of 2005. The earliest rumblings of its DVD release pin the big screen adaptation of C.S. Lewis's acclaimed fantasy novel for April, where it is expected to arrive in three different versions: separate but similarly loaded 16x9-enhanced 2.35:1 widescreen and 1.33:1 cropped editions and a more collectible deluxe edition which will carry a list price of $10 or so more than the studio's standard $29.99 tag. More specific details and a firm date likely won't be announced until sometime in the first two months of 2006. It is also not yet clear how (if at all) the cancelled companion DVD Adventure Through Narnia (which was slated for release earlier this month) will resurface. We'll share more when there's more to share.
Just thought that this may interest some. And if the deluxe edition's specs look good on paper, I'll probably get it.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 25th, 2005, 11:51 pm

Can't wait for the DVD!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » December 30th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Well first of all, let me say that I LOVED this movie.

Trailers
Hoodwinked: Looks funny but also looks like it tries too hard
Ice Age 2: The squirrel segment was very funny....but what the heck is the movie about? This looks to be like another forgetable movie (except for the squirrel)
Some movie with Queen Latifa: Looks boring
Cars: I'm trying so hard to like this trailer, but I can't. To put it bluntly, the trailer for this movie is simply horrible
Pirates of the Caribbean: This was my favorite trailer out of all of them. As soon as I heard the girl singing the song, I got the chills. This movie definitely tops my Must-See-Movies-of-2006

The Theater
Narnia was sold out (every performance of the day), but this one was in the smallest theater in the building (quite dumb considering this is the most popular movie in America right now).

The Movie
First of all, this movie is one of my favorites. It goes down in my books as an instant classic. The story was terrific. I don't know how they did it, but they took Narnia straight from my imagination. It was everything I imagined it to be. The acting was terrific & the CG was amazing (this better win for visual effects). The Christian allegory was strong and well done, but not overly portrayed as to seem preachy. The music was also perfect.

I give Narnia a solid 10/10, A+, 2 Thumbs Up, Gold Star (best movie of the year).
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 31st, 2005, 3:17 am

I loved the cars trailer :\

The "The sixties weren't good to you, were they" thing was hilarious to me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 31st, 2005, 10:37 am

Yeah, I liked it to. I thought it was funny how they ripped off car commercials.