Chronicles of Narnia

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 29th, 2005, 5:13 pm

ShyVi, it looks like we both posted at the same time.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 29th, 2005, 5:20 pm

:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 5:24 pm

ShyViolet wrote: I also care what he thinks. He may not be perfect but he DID run the place since 1984.
He didn't run it very well. :roll:
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 29th, 2005, 5:26 pm

I know that many people don't like Eisner, but can't we look at some of his good points? Sometimes, at least?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 5:31 pm

Name one good point for me besides the fact that he kept Disney alive for all those years.
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 29th, 2005, 5:34 pm

He turned the company around when it was suffering in the 1980's.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 29th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Name one good point for me besides the fact that he kept Disney alive for all those years.

That's the whole point...he kept Disney alive. It was basically on the verge of collapse in 1984 and Roy and Stan would gladly have sold it off piece by piece to make some cash (just like they do with all the OTHER companies they own.)

Eisner was an innovator. He was hands-on and micromanaged but that's what kept the company going. He had ideas and he put them into practice. Maybe the coming of the 21st century was just too great a shift for him (he was very much an 80's/90's guy) but he did a lot of good stuff.
The parks. The films. All that wouldn't exist without Eisner.

He organized the company and brought it up to speed. When he came to Disney it was basically an anacronistic RELIC.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Well I guess you're right. We wouldn't have Aladdin, BATB and Rescuers Down Under if Disney didn't exist after 1984.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » December 3rd, 2005, 9:10 pm

i think it will be one of the greatest movies after the lord of the rings. it has its style.
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Wanna see 10 Minutes of never-before-seen Narnia?

Post by JustinWilliams » December 5th, 2005, 1:41 pm

If you do I suggest you click here as the site's just added this amazing trailer! Too excited now!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » December 5th, 2005, 1:48 pm

Thanks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » December 5th, 2005, 2:18 pm

TBH I told u too soon - wasn't really supposed to until 30 mins time but hey - it's too exciting to hold back

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 5th, 2005, 5:01 pm

I can't get it. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 5th, 2005, 5:38 pm

I'm... shaking.... with.... excitement. My God it looks fantastic. If this is what we get when Disney invests $150 million in a movie, then I'd like them to do that more often. Looks like Disney may finally be releasing a Disney film that's worthy of the title 'Disney'. I hope they can turn this into a franchise like Pirates. I'm already craving for more of these Disney fantasy epics....

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2005, 7:08 pm

This has been online for about a week!

But it is cool, nonetheless... :)