Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 27th, 2007, 1:06 pm

Me too! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Tomorrow Night, History Channel, Star Wars!

Post by GeorgeC » May 27th, 2007, 1:36 pm

SO.......

You thought the 30th Anniversary Celebration of Star Wars was over yet?

You thought after 30,000-40,000 nerds converged at Star Wars Celebration IV in LA to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on crap that their parents and spouses DIDN'T want them to buy that THIS would be the end of it?!?

No, CAPITALISM demands yet ANOTHER money-making..., er Star Wars, special on the History Channel!

Tune in at 8 PM EST for a special on the technology of Star Wars. (Yes, Virginia, the Death Star AND lightsabers are impossible to manufacture with today's techology. No, we don't know how half this s&*t would work in real life, but it looks cool anyway!)

Tune in at 9 PM for the BRAND-NEW special, Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed. Tune in to see how fellow filmmakers and scholars of mythology point out the stories and classic sagas that Star Wars stole all its ideas from..., er, paid homage to!

GeorgeC

Original Star Wars MUST ADAPT to Prequel Trilogy!

Post by GeorgeC » May 27th, 2007, 1:44 pm

The fun can be seen here in the extended footage for

Star Wars (I REFUSE to call it A New Hope or Episode IV)
http://www.filmthreat.com/index.php?sec ... eos&Id=548

The Empire Strikes Back
http://www.filmthreat.com/index.php?sec ... eos&Id=549

and Return of the Jedi
http://www.filmthreat.com/index.php?sec ... eos&Id=550

Enjoy, or groan at the havoc wreaked on the original (superior) trilogy by continuity changes!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 27th, 2007, 1:59 pm

Oh, wow!!! I just saw a commercial for this on G4 this morning! I wasn't sure if it was new or had just been made.

I'll defintely have to try to catch it. Thanks, George. :)

Also, I was watching G4's "30 years of Star Wars" and they had the guy who runs Lucas' fanbase (forgot his name) hawking "very rare" dolls/posters. Kinda interesting but whoa...there was a poster for "Revenge of the Jedi" that was never released that was going for at least around $1,000 dollars.... :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 27th, 2007, 2:30 pm

That's pretty cheap for a vintage poster! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 27th, 2007, 7:55 pm

Nah,

The poster is cheap compared to what some company wanted for a vintage, "Kennner-branded" 1978 Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure "with double-telescoping lightsaber."

Guess what they wanted for this action figure which was a PROTOTYPE pre-production figure and 1 of 4 produced?

$25,000.

Yes, you read it right! :shock:

$25,000 for a 4-inch hunk of plastic, still in the box, mint condition.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MickeyMousePal » May 27th, 2007, 8:34 pm

I’m going to watch the Star Wars special tomorrow.

GeorgeC

New Star Wars series trailer online

Post by GeorgeC » May 28th, 2007, 6:28 am

The new Star Wars: Clone Wars CGI TV series trailer is up at
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/0000

Frankly, the characters look lifeless. I'm sure it'll have as much hyperkinetic action as the Cartoon Network series with about as much character development as a roll of toilet paper...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 28th, 2007, 7:18 am

Ben wrote:I have to smile at that Charles guy..."I hate the art will get a topic closed". Where does he come from? Just because people don't agree that he doesn't think it looks too bad and they can't say so?

You better all agree with me on that, or I'll start banning... ;)
I can't speak 'for' Charles (though he is a friend of mine) .. but do realize that Animation Nation's membership is primarily made up of animation 'industry' artists.

It's one thing when animation fans 'rip' on certain shows and studios, since they rarely have a personal 'stake' in them .. but as you can imagine, industry artists 'ripping' on the hard work of other industry artists can tend to be taken rather personally; and bitter (not to mention ultimately pointless and needless) 'flame wars' were often the result.

Notice that I say 'were' .. since Charles has been mostly responsible for keeping the 'peace' (such as it is) on AN. He does a pretty good job of it, most of the time .. but as you can imagine, with over 3000 members, it is a 'thankless' job which is never really 'done'.

Constructive 'criticism' is allowed on AN .. particularly if it is leveled at targets outside of the artist 'sphere'; such as schedules, budgets, outsourcing, or management (aka, the 'monkey') .. but art & design can be criticized, on its 'merits'.

However, as Charles said, simply saying "I hate this art (or that movie, or this studio, or that actor/director/etc)," with no constructive purpose, is a 'slippery slope' that he'd rather we not go down. At least, not on Animation Nation. It's not like there aren't a million other places on the internet to be a 'grouch', anyway. :wink:

So, that's where Charles comes from! :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 28th, 2007, 1:39 pm

Got'cha! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kirby-chan » May 29th, 2007, 6:17 pm

Thank God!!!! My brother wont stop bragging about the new, edited versions, both me and my parents refuse to watch the altered versions and stuck out like true fans watching our vintage VHS box set. Now we can be happy and finally not have to worry about wearing out the VHS tapes for a good, long, time! Thank You!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kirby-chan » May 29th, 2007, 6:22 pm

This is just more proof that Lucas needs to lay off Star Wars for... ever! He needs to understand that the first three movies were good, but he needs to lay off and let the eries retire.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 29th, 2007, 11:39 pm

OMG....that was AWESOME!!!! :lol: :lol:

All three....so good. Lucas should be forced to watch.....*shakes head* :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 30th, 2007, 6:17 am

Check out Silent Star Wars on the same site...fuuuuunneeeeeeeee! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 30th, 2007, 9:40 am

Yeah,

FilmThreat.com is DEFINITELY a good site for obscure shorts as well as popular new Internet-bred films, too! There's virtually no excuse for not being able to play the films on your computer unless your Operating System is hopelessly out-of-date or you don't have QuickTime. There are so many download and size options available.

I've gotten tons of short films from the site and downloaded them to my PSP to play at work when I get bored.

(Thank goodness the most recent PSP Firmware revision took care of most of the video playback bugs on the system. I can finally play at least 90% of the PSP and iPod-compatible videos on the Web without having to reprocess 75% of it like I had to before!)

I have my issues with Chris Gore and his shallowness in some film reviews and DVD releases -- he's more about the extras on the F'ing DVDs and less about the QUALITY of the films on the disc...! --, but his website (FilmThreat.com) does a great job giving attention to more obscure films.