Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 24th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Oh my s**t, that's so much better with the music and sound effects XD

I've seen the .gif of it floating around for a long time. This rocks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 25th, 2005, 4:03 pm

Vader never choked Piett. He did choke AND kill Admiral Ozzel near the beginning of The Empire Strikes Back because Ozzel brought he Imperial fleet out hyperspace "too close to the Hoth system." Piett was promoted to Admiral upon Ozzel's death
For some reason Vadar choking his guards when they tick him off reminds me of Michael Eisner getting rid of his lieutenants when they displease him (Katzenberg, Ovitz, etc....) :wink:

P.S. -- Seriously, I think Tom Cruise is a d***** for promoting Scientology and ragging on ALL psychiatrists so hard. It's very dangerous and irresponsible for someone who is clearly out of their mind and in thrall to a cult to be giving medical advice to everybody else.
I agree. There's this hilarious interview with him in Entertainment Weekly where he goes all over-the-top and tries to compare taking medication to shock therapy, or drug abuse--cocaine et al.... He's like: "In the 80s everyone said drugs are bad and now I"m saying it and people think I'm nuts." Or something like that. Then he claims that Jung (a well-known figure in psychiatry) was a Nazi, psychiatry equals Nazism because the Germans used drugs in their experiments, etc., etc....He's really off the wall abouth this.

I mean, if he had ever taken meds himself he might understand that some people do have a need for them because their brains simply work differently than others, and that there are legitimate scientific reasons why people get put on meds. You wouldn't tell a diabetic to get off that insulin, would you? They're not a "quick fix" because they take a while to work and usually don't do much unless a person is willing to change his/her life as well as seek therapy. Pushing Scientology in people's faces and telling them that it will solve all their problems--that's much more suspect in my opinon.

Oh well. I still like Tom, he's a great actor and I'm looking foward to WOTW. I just think he should maybe do a little research on WHY he's attacking something before he goes all crazy on Oprah.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 25th, 2005, 7:01 pm

But he, likes, really LOVES Katie Holmes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 27th, 2005, 3:04 pm

He should realize that his stature as a mega-star means that he has a lot of influence on the masses of society, and that there are probably a lot of uninformed people out there who believe the crazy things he says. I think it's totally irresponsible of him to be spewing this garbadge without even citing legitimate sources for his opinions. Of course ALL the media sucks up to him because he's "Tom Cruise." (They all do, even if they pretend like they "don't.")

What if he said something like: "Hey, all you diabetic kids! Stop taking your insulin, it's evil! Read Dianetics instead!"

As for Katie, PLEASE. Good for him, it's nice that he's in love, but so what? Doesn't he realize that all the time he spends going on and on about himself he can spend helping others? He truly does seem to believe that the world revolves around him.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

For those of you who still don't know, ROTS DVD on 11/1

Post by GeorgeC » July 27th, 2005, 10:54 am

It's official... Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith gets a 2-disc multi-region release on November 1, 2005. Mark your calendars if you care although I doubt they'll be sold out of this disc even if you wait a day or two to buy it...

<Sigh> Waiting for Star Wars used to be a worthy event until the Prequels came out. The only way most people will get excited again about this increasingly sad series is if they release the ORIGINAL theatrical versions of the original trilogy in an official DVD release.

GeorgeC

Saddam obviously was a Star Wars fan!

Post by GeorgeC » July 27th, 2005, 11:14 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... BID_Stores

This IS for real.

I'm a member of the Replica Prop Forum that talks about recreations of movie props and apparently a few members are active military/Guardsmen who were over in Iraq and saw these helmets in storage...

Gee, it's kind of like the Allies finding out Hitler was a big Flash Gordon fan and had helmets made up to make his SS troops look like members of Ming's elite Mongo guard!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: For those of you who still don't know, ROTS DVD on 11/1

Post by Menace » July 30th, 2005, 5:53 am

GeorgeC wrote:It's official... Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith gets a 2-disc multi-region release on November 1, 2005. Mark your calendars if you care although I doubt they'll be sold out of this disc even if you wait a day or two to buy it...
And why is that exactly?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2005, 8:36 am

Probably as they're printing up waaaaaaaaay too many copies, like Shrek 2 and The Incredibles...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Menace » July 30th, 2005, 10:33 am

Ah yes. Gotta love the over-estimation of anticipated sales trick. Should've known Lucas would be arrogant enough to assume he'd need so many copies. Great movie and all but...I've met several people who are just not Star Wars fans at all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 30th, 2005, 3:33 pm

Menace wrote:I've met several people who are just not Star Wars fans at all.
Like myself...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 30th, 2005, 3:38 pm

It's O.K. :roll:

Empire is definetely the best.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Menace » July 31st, 2005, 11:58 am

Everyone keeps saying that. Although at this point, my favorites would either rest on Revenge of the Sith or Return of the Jedi. What can I say? I'm a sucker for closure.
And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. My two cents.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 2nd, 2005, 1:30 pm

Well, from the look of things, Lucas will probably be "altering" Jedi even further, and replacing all the really cool puppet aliens with CGI aliens, as well as Yoda and Jabba the Hutt.... :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2005, 1:50 pm

Where'd you get that?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 2nd, 2005, 4:07 pm

Well....maybe I was kind of jumping to conclusions, but that was just my feeling since he already put a CGI Jabba in Star Wars and then (from you actually) I heard that he's replacing Yoda in both Empire and Jedi.

Oh well.... :roll: