Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Official Star Wars Thread

Post by Dan » May 5th, 2015, 12:12 am

May the 4th be with you.

Seems fated that I finally finish my report on Celebration and post it on this day. :mrgreen:

My Celebration Report with Pictures

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 5th, 2015, 1:05 am

I'm curious as to just what films the Star Wars trailers have been attached to. I thought Avengers 2 would have been a prime candidate--wouldn't Disney want to promote their own film? It certainly would have made more sense to show the Star Wars trailer than the trailer to that Vin Diesel witch hunter movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2015, 7:48 am

I've heard that different trailers are playing with it all over...nothing seems contractually attached.

We did get Tomorrowland with the Avengers I saw, though.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 7th, 2015, 9:58 pm

A fun past time has been watching reaction videos to the recent trailer. Here's one from when it first screened at Celebration.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 7th, 2015, 10:55 pm

Vernadyn wrote:I'm curious as to just what films the Star Wars trailers have been attached to. I thought Avengers 2 would have been a prime candidate--wouldn't Disney want to promote their own film? It certainly would have made more sense to show the Star Wars trailer than the trailer to that Vin Diesel witch hunter movie.
We got Star Wars with our Avengers 2 (in 3D, no less, but didn't look as good as the Jurassic 3D)--
No Tomorrowland, though, just the Big Budget Director Hired Adam Sandler one, and didn't get Vin Diesel as a Witch Hunter, but got Dwayne Johnson, Earthquake Rescue....Okay, you tell 'em apart.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 8th, 2015, 12:52 am

Yeah, I wonder who determines what trailers go in front of a given movie… I saw Avengers at two different theater chains (AMC and Cinemark/Century) and saw the same trailers (Vin Diesel: Witch Hunter, Wreck-It Sandler, Jurassic Star Lord, Monochromatic Four, Clooneyland, and Thomas the Tank Engine.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 8th, 2015, 1:17 am

Vernadyn wrote:Yeah, I wonder who determines what trailers go in front of a given movie…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 8th, 2015, 2:03 am

What's going on here? Did she say there're rats?

(I've actually only seen the first Gremlins.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 8th, 2015, 9:48 pm

It's almost like everyday during Celebration Ray Park would pause at least once during his autograph sessions to give all of the fans a show. :mrgreen:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 31st, 2015, 10:59 pm

StarWars.com has an exclusive interview with photographer Annie Leibovitz setting up the forth-coming Vanity Fair magazine issue that will preview her photographs from the set of Episode VII. The interview also revealed the name of Andy Serkis' character: Supreme Leader Snoke.

Link to the interview: Capturing a Galaxy

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 2nd, 2015, 11:23 am

Can anyone recommend me good comics of Star Wars?
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 2nd, 2015, 11:26 am

Lord Akiyama wrote:StarWars.com has an exclusive interview with photographer Annie Leibovitz setting up the forth-coming Vanity Fair magazine issue that will preview her photographs from the set of Episode VII. The interview also revealed the name of Andy Serkis' character: Supreme Leader Snoke.

Link to the interview: Capturing a Galaxy
Supreme Leader Snoke! I expected his name to be something more..uh... dangerous!
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 2nd, 2015, 12:19 pm

Anyone reminded of Hillary Clinton on South Park...? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 2nd, 2015, 3:35 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:The interview also revealed the name of Andy Serkis' character: Supreme Leader Snoke.\
(I'm calling it early, but why does that make me picture some alien version of Stephen Fry from the Hobbit movies? :? )

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 2nd, 2015, 9:28 pm

LastActionHero wrote:Can anyone recommend me good comics of Star Wars?
With the purchase by Disney, it obviously meant SW was going back to Marvel. And this year has seen the first batch of new books, all under the official canon. I read the first issue of the Princess Leia mini and liked it (Mark Waid is a very good writer and I think he did a fine job setting up the story and staying faithful to the SW universe). So I'd say check out the new Marvel books and see what you think.
Last edited by Dan on June 3rd, 2015, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.