Official Star Wars Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 5th, 2005, 12:25 pm

I did edit my remark after it was pointed out that there was part of the thread that I missed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

poster

Post by ShyViolet » January 7th, 2005, 3:00 pm

I saw it, and I think it looks fake too.

Much too crowded and more photo-influenced than "drawn" looking, which was what made the other posters really cool.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD (combined)

Post by GeorgeC » January 18th, 2005, 1:12 am

MESSAGE FROM BEN:

In the interests of providing an outlet for everyone to post their Star Wars news (and for us mods to keep the forums as clean as we can!), we have started this thread.

Below you'll be able to read the archives on the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III release.

PLEASE POST STAR WARS TOPICS HERE. THANKS :)

According to the Digital Bits,

20th Century Fox is re-issuing the Star Wars Episodes I & II DVDs on 3/22 to coincide with the release of Cartoon Network's Star Wars: Clone Wars, Season 1 DVD.

As some may recall, the Episode I & II DVDs originally went on moratorium (English translation: "out of print") at the end of 2003 (translation: December 31st, 2003).

The re-issues are the same DVDs most of us have in one of two flavors --
anamorphic widescreen for movie fans (hopefully at least 90% of the people that come to these boards),

AND

fullscreen/pan&screen/re-edited for hicks and rednecks who can't understand the concept of widescreen and those "dang black bars" ==> 75% of the Wal-Mart shoppers...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 18th, 2005, 1:46 am

Has Jar Jar been removed? Just joking.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 18th, 2005, 6:05 pm

Christian wrote:Has Jar Jar been removed? Just joking.

I think that's the one edit most SW fans could live with...

NOT JOKING!

GeorgeC

Star Wars: Episode III -- A Lost Hope parody (LINK FIXED)

Post by GeorgeC » February 11th, 2005, 11:40 pm

There's no mention on this site of THE best Star Wars parody in ages?!?!?!?!?!?

It's here at http://www.sequentialpictures.com/
or here for direct download options -- http://www.sequentialpictures.com/movie ... sode3.html

"Star Wars - Episode 3: A Lost Hope" is in Quicktime format and sized for your computer's convenience.

The parody's been up for at least a week or two. I first read about it at Animation Nation and then rediscovered the link to the main host site at Film Threat's website.

Seriously, this is the best Star Wars spoof since "Troops." It might ultimately be as inspiring and memorable as THE grand-daddy of Star Wars spoofs, "Hardware Wars."

(Hardware Wars is available on DVD in its original unadulterated form and on VHS in a special DEFECTED edition. Being a geek about this, I naturally have BOTH the DVD and VHS versions!)

It's REAL addicting and I bet after some of you guys download it, you'll watch it at least 3-4 times like I have over the past 3 days.

It just hits real close to the bone and goes to the guts of what's WRONG about the new Star Wars movies. Anakin really, really doesn't come off too well here! :lol:

SPOILER alert:

The reason Obi-Wan is seen chugging a lot in the parody has to do with reports of Ewan McGregor's tremendous alcohol capacity.

The guy IS a Scot, after all! :twisted:
Last edited by GeorgeC on February 12th, 2005, 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 11th, 2005, 11:47 pm

The link isn't working, George.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 12th, 2005, 12:38 am

Mickey A wrote:The link isn't working, George.

D'Oh! :shock:

That's what I get for pasting from Film Threat and not checking the link.

I just re-edited my original post in the thread for the umpteenth million time. The links should work now!

I hope! :oops:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 12th, 2005, 12:47 pm

I shave too long, but hysterical nonetheless.

Loved the broken lightsabre! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 13th, 2005, 3:49 am

I just loved the way the guy playing Anakin said, "Ass!"

He played it to the hilt... Really hit home with how badly Anakin was played in Episode II. Jake Llloyd's pre-pubescent "Annie" portrayal was ALMOST better than teen Anakin's!

The other thing I never expected was hearing the word, "Preggers."

Classic!

I definitely think this is the next classic SW spoof. It's definitely in the running behind Troops and Hardware Wars and much better than 99.9% of the films that have been submitted for the official Star Wars fan film awards at AtomFilms for the past few years.

You KNOW Lucas would never have chosen this spoof as best in show had it been submitted for the fan films prize. He has an unerring knack for choosing the blandest, worst fan films for grand prize.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 13th, 2005, 10:59 am

WHAT XD

Oh god, so many things. I won't mention them all cause of spoilers but...

"Preggers"
"WHY'S EVERYTHING GOTTA BE BLACK WITCHU"

asldkfjas;dlfkj XD

EDIT: AAAHAHAHAHAH THE BLACK JEDI IS THE BEST OH GOD

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 13th, 2005, 1:36 pm

I think I must be one of only ten SW fans who actually likes Jar Jar...

(raises hands) Don't shoot! I was just being honest!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wolf Tooth » February 13th, 2005, 6:33 pm

Funny, but not as good as STORM TRUPERS.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 13th, 2005, 8:25 pm

I heard somewhere that another SpaceBalls movie is coming out and that it's supposed to parody the Phantom Menace prequeal. (But it's a SEQUAL to the first Spaceballs.) Confusing, isn't it? :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 13th, 2005, 9:24 pm

From what I understand, the sequel to Spaceballs has been cancelled, but an animated series is in the works. I love the rumored titles for the Spaceballs sequel, though: "Spaceballs III: The Search for Spaceballs II" and "Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money".