DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Man of Steel, Justice League and DC MOVIES

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2020, 5:37 am

From the "Hi, Freeze, I’m Batman", Clooney has no weight and just sounds like a lounge singer. "Hi, Freeze, I’m Batman. Here’s a little song I thing you’ll remember..."

The guy has absolutely no gravitas in either role, and I’m sorry but I just disagree about any dramatic chops: his "Clooney charm" just can’t help shining through with those twinkly eyes, which just destroys any sense of psychological goings on in Wayne's head. Clooney's Bats is a man who not only is too comfortable being Batman, but has settled into a Batdad role where he cosily enjoys being head of a cosy family in their cosy costumes in their cosy mansion and cosy Batcave. It’s all too cute and cuddly.

Not that I don’t love Clooney elsewhere, and everyone should instantly check out Maaaat Daaaamon in Suburbicon, the awesome, underrated — and actually very timely now — film he directed for Dark Castle a couple of years ago.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 12th, 2020, 7:23 am

ShyViolet wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 12:07 am
Yeah, swear to God: opening night, midnight show, packed theater, this one guy in the front row yelled out (when dying Alfred gets well thanks to the cure Mr. Freeze just happened to have on him): “WON’T THIS EVER END???” Entire theater erupted in laughter. :lol: :) ;)
That late? I saw it on opening, and you could already hear some disgruntled sounds of audience realizing they'd lost their ticket price just during the opening museum battle with Freeze's goons:
Hanna-Barbera sound FX during the fight? There was no discussion about whether any one thing would fix this movie, the rot was from the head.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 12th, 2020, 8:59 am

Lol yeah. But I’m guessing probably some thought that it couldn’t REALLY be this bad and kept waiting for it to get better....

The big battles were all done by that point and just about everyone wanted out! But there’s Barbara napping on the couch and Bruce nervously pacing back and forth (the suspense! :P); that one guy basically just said what everyone was already thinking ha ha. :)

And yeah, “Hanna-Barbera” sums that opening scene up nicely, especially since at one point Freeze actually yells at his goons: “Kill them! Kill the heroes!”
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 12th, 2020, 10:12 am

I think I possibly like Batfleck the best, overall, though we have yet to find the perfect Batman on film. I love the West Batman, but honestly, who would be scared of him? Keaton gave a great performance, but he's a smaller fella, and came off as a "scrappy little guy" ( BatCagney). Kilmer was stiff and asleep, and just doesn't fit my image of Bruce Wayne; he looked more like a surfer dude dressed in a suit (BatKeanu). Clooney was okay (hey, the role was written as hokey Batdad - he was perfect!), and he could be handsome and charming as Bruce; but while he is a little taller and beefier than Keaton, Clooney is still a little too slight and unintimidating to really be a great Batman. I didn't like Bale at all; not nearly handsome enough for Bruce, with no charm, and there was the ridiculous growling voice as Batman. And NONE of the costumes were good to this point (though at least West looked like he stepped right out of the comics; but the spot-on suit, with built-in eyebrows, was suitably ridiculous, though that's what I love about it).

Batfleck, though, had it all. Handsome and charming as Bruce, and he looked great in the best film costume - his Batman looked protected, but also muscular. The only thing working against him is that were knew it was Affleck, with all the baggage that brings. Batman would be better served by having an unknown play him.

And I hold out little hope for "I have no intention of working out" Battinson.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2020, 12:13 pm

Glad my Battinson is catching on...! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 12th, 2020, 1:33 pm

You sure about that? ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 12th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Great minds think alike! And so do we! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » September 11th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Wonder woman 2 delayed till christmas.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wond ... 234766774/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 12th, 2020, 3:23 pm

I don't see it happening. I'm thinking it will get pushed again to next year.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 23rd, 2020, 8:13 pm

Anyone surprised to hear that Snyder is bringing the band back together for more filming? (Yeah, Ben, I know you're not.)

CONFIRMED!!!

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-zack ... ot-fisher/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2020, 8:32 pm

Well, I did tell you that the studio was prepping for this a couple of months ago... ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 23rd, 2020, 11:12 pm

Yep, but the official word at the time was "no reshots, no new shoots." I trusted your info, though, and did doubt Snyder had enough material already without doing new shooting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » September 26th, 2020, 9:48 am

Justice league dark movie heading to hbo max?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_ ... #gs.h605vl

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 26th, 2020, 5:08 pm

But this is a series, right? I thought the movie was still happening elsewhere...?