DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Man of Steel, Justice League and DC MOVIES

Post by Daniel » May 14th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Zack did a Q&A and showed off a pic of Wayne T. Carr in his Green Lantern costume:

Now to wait for the inevitable full scene... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » May 14th, 2021, 5:08 pm

I don't want the scene by itself. He must insert the scene back into the movie as he originally envisioned it. I demand nothing less, his complete vision must be shared with all to behold his talent. The scene isolated will make no sense, it must be incorporated to add extra depth and meaning to the story Zach wanted to tell. Why won't DC let Zach tell his story? #ReleaseJusticeLeagueSnyderCutGreenLanternEdition

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 15th, 2021, 2:56 pm

You're killing me. :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 15th, 2021, 7:56 pm

I’d just be happy with a correct 1.85 frame and no "epilogue" version!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 14th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Watched the Snyder Cut, then the Epilogue a week later, following others' advice to avoid it on the first viewing...

I liked the film! By virtue of fleshing things out more, I thought it was way better than the Whedon version, which felt so horribly truncated. And it wasn't as dark and depressing as feared, and not so desaturated-looking. In fact, I can't really see why WB spent so much re-filming what was already perfectly fine. They could have just edited the Snyder version down to 2-2.5 hours, and released the director's cut to home video. Instead, they got dumb and caused all sorts of headaches.

As for the Epilogue, it was fine, too. Unnecessary, certainly, but fine. It largely built on the idea that Darkseid is still coming, which was already shown in the film, so I didn't find it any darker than the rest of it. Criticisms of the Joker scene seem unwarranted--- it was a dream sequence, after all! As such, it works OK. The other set-ups were definitely extraneous, particularly since we'll never see most of the follow-up films. But that's like comics these days--- every story leads into another story, which you may never choose to read. So, while the film is better without the Epilogue, it also is not undone by it.

While it's still not quite the JL film that I wanted - Cyborg still doesn't belong there, though I liked him; we should have had John Stewart and maybe more Martian Manhunter - I'm keeping things in perspective. It was pretty good, and much better than most live action heroes that we got to see in the 70s or 80s. Perhaps that's too low a bar, but I'm happy that we got this film rather than no JL film (or just the Whedon JL film) at all.

I preordered the Korean Steelbook-in-a-slipcase set, which seemed to be one of the nicer versions coming out. This takes the prize, though:
https://cinemuseum.myshopify.com/produc ... 3bee&_ss=r

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 14th, 2021, 7:21 pm

"Snyder's Justice League. Better than the 1970s TV versions of Hulk, Wonder Woman and Spider-Man"…! ;)

I am glad to hear you say that the film is better without the epilogue, though.

I became tempted on the Korean set that you sent me the link for, but lost that whole morning down a rabbit hole looking at various versions around the world and have discovered that a US edition may yet be worth waiting for, with already recorded Snyder commentary and the b/w version (for what it’s worth) both rumored to be included. Think, the more it seems, that they wanted to maximise returns by keeping JL on HBOM a little longer while also getting some to double dip on imports and then the all-singin', all-dancin' US set. As always, I’m good to hold out, and can always try to go back and pick up another edition if the US is a no-show (although, really, that’s not going to be an option, and I bet we get a good few multiple versions of this in the next few years, most likely when Flash comes along. After all, we're already on Mach II for BVS)!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 14th, 2021, 9:43 pm

I’m glad to hear Rand found the epilogue fine. :wink:

My only “issue” with it was the inclusion of Amber Heard, as it seems WB is perfectly fine overlooking the enormous controversy around her, but not for her ex-husband. And the reasons for that, for better or worse, probably don’t need to be explained.

Very much hoping for a loaded disc when this does finally get a home video release. Snyder’s commentary on Watchmen was excellent.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 15th, 2021, 1:21 am

Oh, I found the epilogue "fine" too. It just doesn’t really belong on the end of this film!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 21st, 2021, 10:47 am

Shazz-AAMN!! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 24th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Snyder Cut coming to Blu and 4K September 7.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Just came here to post…trust you to have it up already!

This and Cruella in my burpday week…cool! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 24th, 2021, 4:20 pm

One more to make it a trifecta!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 24th, 2021, 5:29 pm

I was thrilled until I heard there are apparently no special features.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Guess I’ll wait for the 10th anniversary edition, then. ;)

No, I might go for the trilogy set, seeing as it’ll mean updated MOS and BVS discs, though it’ll depend on price since I have the MOS BD and previous BVS 4K and dint really see the need for them again.

I wonder if more will be announced, or a deluxe edition to follow? Snyder himself said that the b/w version would be included, and that he’d recorded a commentary. I don’t really need the b/w but the track might be interesting. Given what they spent, I can totally see another edition down the line…