DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 9th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Finally saw the SR trailer on the big screen Saturday night with another showing of King Kong.

It actually looked lamer on the big screen, if that is possible... :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 9th, 2006, 11:21 pm

Well, as my Avatar would indicate, I'm excited about this film.

Glad to hear that you saw "Kong" a second time, Ben.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2006, 1:48 pm

How come?

And your avatar has changed (again!!!)!!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 18th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Because I'm happy for every $$$ that "Kong" makes. ;)

And my Avatar *was* Lois and Superman about to smooch. But then I found the "Sisterhood" image, and had to use it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 18th, 2006, 5:22 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Because I'm happy for every $$$ that "Kong" makes. ;)
Good...me too at the end of the day. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 21st, 2006, 12:42 pm

Total Film (a really cool British mag) has Superman Returns on the cover with some very interesting details: one I think is that the film will have a whimsical, 1940s almost Fleisher cartoon look about it (or something like that anyway.)

I can't wait! Anyway, you can get Total Film at most bookstores like Borders and Barnes and Noble. It's about 10.00, however, but it's a very good issue. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 19th, 2006, 8:55 pm

Entertainment Weekly has a cover story on this, although the article doesn't reveal all that much.

It does mention, however, that Spacey's interpretation of Lex Luthor is a little more intense and scary than Gene Hackman's. (who played up the comedy more.)

WHEN are they finally going to have the full trailer????? You barely see ANYTHING in that stupid teaser. :( Lame....lame....lame! :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2006, 7:45 am

From what I understand, the FX are still under heavy construction!

Yeah, the look from the teaser and images is the 1978 Donner film meshed with 1942 Fleischer styling for Metropolis. Can't wait!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 20th, 2006, 10:01 am

I hear that there's a sequence where Superman tears the wing off of a flying airplane. :D

Hope we get a trailer soon. It'll probably pop up sometime next month, maybe with WB's "Posiedon" or something.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2006, 12:33 pm

Bryan Singer needs to shake a leg. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:I hear that there's a sequence where Superman tears the wing off of a flying airplane. :D

Hope we get a trailer soon. It'll probably pop up sometime next month, maybe with WB's "Posiedon" or something.
You hit the nail on the head there.

WB are desperate for Posiedon to be a hit, so it's VERY likely (possibly even a no brainer) that the full trailer for Supes will debut with that, their only other early summer tentpole picture.

Makes sense! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 21st, 2006, 10:14 am

I'm so smart. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 28th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Then again, maybe not...

ComingSoon.net's Superhero Hype! has confirmed that the new Superman Returns trailer will be enclosed in the can with Paramount's Mission: Impossible III, opening next Friday, May 5th and will also be attached to all prints of WB's Poseidon the following week, on Friday, May 12th.

But hey, it IS with ALL prints of "Poseidon". So I'm still kinda right. Right? :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Yeah, you're right. It was a no brainer that it would be with Poseidon, but the M:I-3 news makes sense too.

After all, WB are not stupid and M:I-3 is probably more in the same audience target as Superman, while Poseidon is, albeit a remake, pretty uncharted waters.

See what I did there? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 2nd, 2006, 5:10 pm

Here it is (although I haven't been able to watch it yet):

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/superm ... /trailer2/