DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Man of Steel, Justice League and DC MOVIES

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2022, 3:29 am

Just be aware, as I know you are, that any new film in any franchise is the "best one ever" until everyone else has seen it and it’s been around a while and everyone works out it wasn’t that great anyway (see Nolan's trilogy for example), until the next one comes along!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 1st, 2022, 7:40 am

86 rt score but up and down like a yoyo all day.

Some reviews say it's a mystery crime story and light on action. Great mystery but slow burn!

Late to the party warns it may bore kids! But they loved the movie otherwise.

Most of the youtubers liked the movie. Some just say it's more a slow mystery over a big action film but does have good action when it starts.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6P_tvZoXcI&t=234s[/youtube]

Not from a posted elsewhere link but youtube link still won't work. I said it before and will say it again. This site has the WORST youtube linking i have ever seen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 1st, 2022, 12:49 pm

Why are there so many films about Batman? (Mild language)

Brilliant. :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2022, 8:12 pm

Sorry…after the fun idea of the concept, that felt a very long three minutes…

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 2nd, 2022, 9:53 pm

Update on you uk movie viewers. The theatres won. The R (15) has now become a 15a. So now adults CAN take kids to batman in the uk.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2022, 4:07 am

Well, yes, in Northern Ireland only. The rest of the UK is still currently a 15 as far as I can see. Interesting that they are bringing in a new classification though. 12A always used to cover such titles, such as the Bond films. Seems they need to do a rethink on the numbers here, really.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 6th, 2022, 10:23 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 6th, 2022, 11:33 pm

Just saw The Batman. I think they’re making too many of these, and wasn’t in any rush to see this one. But my son wanted to so we went. It was solid. Not a lot of rehashing. Different enough than the previous iterations. Didn’t feel as long as it’s running time. Probably won’t be a buy for me once it’s out on disc, but I’m glad I saw it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 6th, 2022, 11:52 pm

I wasn't thrilled with the trailers for The Batman (gee, what an original title!), but I do hear that it's reminiscent of the 1970s Detective Comics stories, so that sounds encouraging. The other films have not really dealt with the "dark knight detective" angle much.

But I may be more excited about Super Pets!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 7th, 2022, 1:37 am

Randall wrote:
March 6th, 2022, 11:52 pm
I wasn't thrilled with the trailers for The Batman (gee, what an original title!)
Well, A), it's supposed to be off the canon of the similarly titled cartoon, taking place early in Batman's career, hence young Robert Pattinson, but mostly

B ), studios create "'The' reboots" when a franchise has fallen so far off its compass, they want to reboot it completely back to formula from scratch, without implying that it contains any linear story connections to previous sequels they might owe credit to.
Fortunately, the loopholes of title-ownership legality state that even a different spelling, different similar word, or even the presence or lack of a definite article can be considered a "different" title from one that a previous screenwriter might hold claim to.

Hence, a completely from-scratch reimagined franchise that wanted to distance itself away from the previous movie might be something like "The Wolverine", "The Predator", "The Final Destination", or if the original already contained a definite article, removing it, qv. "Fast & Furious" (#4)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 7th, 2022, 3:34 am

I was discussing movies with a collegaue today and they said they were going to go to see the new Batman movie. I've instructed them to tell me if it is worth seeing and what it is like compared to the other movise. Cause honestly, while it may be getting good reviews I confess I am getting Batman Fatigue with the constant rebooting and thinking do I need to see his originas again and battling the same villains. Surely there are other intellectual properties DC could bring to the screen?

If only they took their time with creating the Justice League crew. Give the majority there own movie BEFORE the team up, then just maybe we wouldn't need to reboot The Bats again and like Marvel start having movie for characters no one outside of the comic book fandom really knows about.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 7th, 2022, 4:53 am

Bill1978 wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 3:34 am
Cause honestly, while it may be getting good reviews I confess I am getting Batman Fatigue with the constant rebooting and thinking do I need to see his originas again and battling the same villains. Surely there are other intellectual properties DC could bring to the screen?
From recent reviews, this one does an MCU Spiderman, skips the origins, and heads straight to his early career. Better than trying to come up with something to "top" Batman Begins' ninja origin--Let sleeping Chris Nolans lie.

And no, Warner will NEVER give up Batman for other DC characters, like the prospector who refuses to believe his gold mine has run dry. You can explain what happened to Dark Knight Rises, and it would fall on deaf ears.
Let's be honest, if the Young Willy Wonka movie fails, Warner willl have another Batman ready to go.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2022, 6:13 am

EricJ wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 1:37 am
…can be considered a "different" title from one that a previous screenwriter might hold claim to.

Hence, a completely from-scratch reimagined franchise that wanted to distance itself away from the previous movie might be something like…
All of this…is complete bollox.

And, yes, they have another Batman ready to go. The Batman is getting two sequels.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 7th, 2022, 8:08 am

Don’t get too hung up on any descriptions that this is “early in his career”. One pretty big plot point might point to that. But in every other regard he is fully formed as Batman. The cave, the car, the cape, the cowl… in this iteration he has everything done. There is nothing like Nolan’s Batman where we see him creating any of these things from scratch, or testing things then going back to the drawing board to make them better. In a way it’s good not to rehash all that. But this is a “younger days” Batman in one plot point only. Though it is an important one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: DC Universe

Post by gaastra » March 10th, 2022, 7:18 am

All dc films moved! Flash runs away to next year and aquaman scared away by blue dances with smurfs to next year.

The Flash moves to 6/23/23.
Aquaman 2 moves to 3/17/23.
Shazam 2 moves to 12/16/22.
Black Adam moves to 10/21/22.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Shazam2?src=hashtag_click