DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Man of Steel, Justice League and DC MOVIES

Post by gaastra » February 3rd, 2021, 9:12 pm

"So dark. Sure your not from the dc universe?" And the dc is to dark and edgy image will now never go away!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 4th, 2021, 3:06 pm

Fresh look at Ben Affleck's Knightmare Batman:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 7th, 2021, 2:28 pm

This isn't exactly new, (from their live stream panel last year) but was never released in full quality:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 9th, 2021, 1:49 pm

More of Joker:

At least the tattoos are gone.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 9th, 2021, 8:01 pm

I don't' miss the tattoos, but "Gangsta Joker" was at least a unique take. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 10th, 2021, 3:30 pm

Never know, he could still have the grills. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 12th, 2021, 4:22 pm

Trailers for the trailer:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 14th, 2021, 1:58 pm

The real deal:

Wow, they took that ironic meme and made it canon! Decent trailer, about what I was expecting. Dark, pretentious, but I'm still curious to see how it will ultimately play out. Last scene was pretty cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 14th, 2021, 2:21 pm

I won't lie, I will watch it. But not because I'm keen to see it, just to say I have seen. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. Although I am one of those people who didn't mind what we already got and don't really see the point of this redo.

My issue with the whole JL movie both then and now, is that the trailers have promoted this movie in a similar way Marvel promoted Infinity War/End Game. In that we have sat through countless different movies over many years and have been waiting for this big climatic finish. When in fact all we really got before this was a Superman movie (with a bit of Batman on the side) and a Wonder Woman movie. The trailers imply that I have emotional investment in all the heroes, in the entire world surviving something based on What?? At least with IW/EG, they had been building to the end of the world, they had developed their Big Bad's existence, they had been building to an epic battle of good vs evil. JL has always just felt about the battle for Box Office Money.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 14th, 2021, 2:31 pm

This "redo" will be mostly new, given the run time, and I'm eager to see it. However, the new trailer does nothing for me. Dark and pretentious, as was said. At least this looks to tie in much more with BvS, giving at least a little connectivity.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 14th, 2021, 2:54 pm

Ultimately, whichever version of JL you see/enjoy/accept, it’s a three-part Superman story, from Man Of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Justice League, with some other characters making appearances. Warners just didn’t build things up in their race to get to the big team-up. Even Wonder Woman doesn’t really fit, since it came along after BvS.

Such a shame they didn’t build on the Batman trilogy, then do MOS (as happened), then WW, Aquaman, BVS, a second Superman, Flash, then into the two-part Justice League. That would have totally built up the characters and strict with the emotional throughline Bill is rightly missing. Instead, their whole DCU is all over the place and backwards, in a way, although ironically this new Justice League coming along now works much better since we have now had that progression, of a sort.

One word, though: epic! Which is what it should be. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 14th, 2021, 3:00 pm

We're still missing those Flash and Cyborg films, though the new cut promises to do more with both of those characters.

But even the Wonder Woman films can only do so much to fit together with JL retroactively, since they're both strangely set so far into the past.

Yeah, a shame that Warner Bros, was in so much of a rush.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 15th, 2021, 11:09 am

An optimistic take:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ue-trailer

After complaining as much as anyone that Zack's previous DC films were overly dark and dour, I hope this guy is right. I hope that in the end, ZS's JL brings back the sense of optimism and hope that these characters have always inspired with me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2021, 6:41 pm

JL was always supposed to be lighter, especially the second half, so hopefully that still turns out to be true. Certainly that trailer delivers "more" of everything...!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 15th, 2021, 7:50 pm

My dream is that once the JL conquers Darkseid, the peoples of earth cheer, the sun comes out, and the world looks like it should again, with all the colours of the rainbow.