New teaser:

The Cut will be broken down into six chapters:

Chapter 1 - Don't Count on It, Batman!
Chapter 2 - The Age of Heroes
Chapter 3 - Beloved Mother, Beloved Son
Chapter 4 - Change Machine
Chapter 5 - All The King's Horses
Chapter 6 - Something Darker

Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again... ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Man of Steel, Justice League and DC MOVIES

Post by Ben » March 4th, 2021, 2:58 pm

Chapter 7: Pretension Lives! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 4th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Chapter 8: We Waited How Many Years For That!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 5th, 2021, 1:35 am

Chapter 9: How it all began, and how it will begin... again.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 5th, 2021, 10:19 am

Chapter 10: After The Film That Probably Never Comes Answers The Cliffhanger...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 7th, 2021, 12:11 pm

Another teaser. Would've preferred no cape like the actual comic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 11th, 2021, 11:45 am

Will be available on Sky Cinema and Now TV in the UK.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 11th, 2021, 2:56 pm

Ooh, cool. I believe I should be able to get that through our box then. Or wait for the disc if it ends up being an OTT deal. I’d rather wait and pay to own it rather than just "rent" it, but if it’s part of the package then yay!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 14th, 2021, 5:17 pm

Early reactions, for what it's worth (we heard the same about WW1984):
https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-just ... 4GHOZ1LYgU

It's Cyborg centered? That works for me. I thought Ray Fisher was one of the best parts of the Whedon film, and he barely had a moment to shine in that one.

BTW: The Blu-ray release is said to be the last week of May.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » March 14th, 2021, 6:38 pm

The one thing I pick up from those positive reviews is that the 4 hour (or the original 2 movie idea) running time helps make the story better. So I still think it will be a bit unfair to compare the two (from a story point of view) when Whedon was instructed to keep the story under 2 hours (and within one movie), but Snyder was given plenty of breathing room to tell his version. I am going to try my hardest to not compare the two movies as I feel it ultimately would be like comparing apples to oranges.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 14th, 2021, 7:50 pm

The biggest problems with the Whedon version was that it didn't feel epic enough, and had no room for character beats. So, I'm looking forward to seeing things opened up. 4 hours could be too long, but some of these reviewers said the time passed quickly. I'm optimistic. I especially love that it sounds like the film feels hopeful, and that Snyder's full three-film (MoS, BvS, JL) plan works out. It may not make BvS a better film, but at least it has a chance to pay off now.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2021, 8:20 pm

Xactly. I’ll probably watch with an intermission in the middle, making it a "double feature" of the original two movie splits. Thank Gid they didn’t ultimately go the four hour miniseries route, though, that would have killed it, basically.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 15th, 2021, 9:55 pm

Ouch!

"Even a good superhero flick (and this definitely isn't) shouldn't be this long"...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ilm-review

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 15th, 2021, 10:58 pm

Variety was much more positive. Reviews are mixed, which is no surprise. Much will depend on how much one likes Snyder's vision of the DC heroes. I've decided that his versions are not mine, but I can still enjoy what he does to some extent. And at least we get to see the continuation (but not the end, sadly) of his story.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 16th, 2021, 6:03 am

BvS waa randomly on last night, though I suspect to build an anticipation for JL, and I ended o catching the last five hours of it. ;)

No, I missed the first twenty-five minutes to half hour of it, but thought I’d have it on, and have decided that I just can’t watch the theatrical cut. It’s such a mess where nothing happens apart from plot point three getting to plot point four, and so on. It’s just a bunch of scenes that, actually, don’t make sense as they’re all too short.

This was my second time on the theatrical (after going to see it). I was going to run the director cut before seeing the new JL, but when I saw it on last night I thought that might provide an adequate refresher...but no. No wonder I didn’t like it when it came out!

Although neither is a "good" film, at least the DC isn’t so choppy and workman-like in just plodding through the plot points, seriously, in the theatrical, some scenes are just one line of dialogue each between one or two characters, and so short. Nothing progresses and then suddenly Wayne randomly starts looking at the League members. Very poor.

The DC doesn’t fix everything, if anything, but at least it’s more of a movie, more of a full experience, for this particular story. I may well still run it again before JL, although I’ll probably skip MOS. I’ve only seen that three or so times, which I think it enough for me!

As far as Imax goes, apparently JL is safety framed for 1.85, so one could blow it up. I may well do this with the disc, at least to 1.66, to give it a bit more width. Ideally there should have been two choices: a Snyder-preferred 1.43 black and white framing, and an "audience friendly" color (even if desaturated or graded) at widescreen-filling 1.85. Alresdy 1.85 felt weird for such an epic film on the theatrical, but 1.43 is going to feel awfully "TV" for something like this...